CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
14,100+ Profile Views and counting!
badge
Want Geekgold? Visit my profile!
mbmbmbmbmb
Please move to "BGG Bugs" Subforum.

I'm having some really weird problems navigating BGG at the moment. I was going to review my most recent Geeklist, which first I was trying to navigate by my link in my forum profile (How many boardgames can I play before I get married? Click here to follow my journey and find out! (Started April 2013)).

Upon clicking on this I was met by this error message;

Failed to connect to: 72.233.16.163:27017: Transport endpoint is not connected

I thought that perhaps my link was broken, so went to click on the Contributions link on my profile, once again met by the same error message;

Failed to connect to: 72.233.16.163:27017: Transport endpoint is not connected

Then I thought I'd come check about the error and try to post in the BGG Bugs subforum, where I was met by a different error message;

Failed to connect to: 72.233.16.163:27017: send_package: error reading from socket: The socket is closed

I clicked around a few places and was still able to goto the top few subforums and found that I could come here to BGG General. Clicking back thinking it was just intermittent, still had the same Transport error trying to go back.

My only workaround has been to click on the Geeklists dropdown and select My Geeklists, then selecting the correct entry.

There's every chance by the time I do submit this that I can actually navigate as normal, but I'm not sure if this issue was from my end or the site? At the very least I'd just like to bring it to attention in case it is/was anything very out of the ordinary.

Thanks in advance for any comments or advice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bird
Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All links and navigation working as normal now. Weird...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
FWIW I saw this effect on various threads as well. I assume it's some temporary glitch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Bugs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bird
Australia
CURRAMBINE
W.A.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
Moved to Bugs

Thanks Liam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.