2 Posts

Pax Baltica» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions after first sessions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mattias G.
Sweden
flag msg tools
1. When Ukraine is pacified by Russia, may Sweden roll for their activation in the next interphase or does it work like a truce, so they must wait a couple of years before rolling again?

2. Minor question but clarification would be nice: Coalition event 3 allows Russia to move one reformed army to an earlier year. May two or more armies be in the same space on the year track? Asking because when doing reforms, Russia can't place reformed armies in the same year.

3. Not really a question but we found that retreating felt very powerful compared to similiar games, when allowing units to retreat their full movement instead of only one space. Defenders can retreat to where the attacker came from by going through another space first (or did we get that wrong?). I know that my experience with this game is very limited so far, it probably just takes some time getting used to retreaters easily manouevering around attacking units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ArsMatteus wrote:
1. When Ukraine is pacified by Russia, may Sweden roll for their activation in the next interphase or does it work like a truce, so they must wait a couple of years before rolling again?

Ukraine is not subject to the truce rules, 11.8 trumps them. You may start rolling for the Ukraine again in the very next Interphase.

Quote:
2. Minor question but clarification would be nice: Coalition event 3 allows Russia to move one reformed army to an earlier year. May two or more armies be in the same space on the year track? Asking because when doing reforms, Russia can't place reformed armies in the same year.

The event is not subject to the restriction given in 11.2.

Quote:
3. Not really a question but we found that retreating felt very powerful compared to similiar games, when allowing units to retreat their full movement instead of only one space. Defenders can retreat to where the attacker came from by going through another space first (or did we get that wrong?). I know that my experience with this game is very limited so far, it probably just takes some time getting used to retreaters easily manouevering around attacking units.

Consider the scale - Russia is big, and even the largest armies here are dwarfed by the maneuver space available. The rules as written portray the situation as intended. Properly garrison your lines of communication as you advance, and it will make disaster less likely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.