Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fergus Hadley
United Kingdom
leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know she doesn't fly a ship in the movies (no idea about the Expanded Universe) but I sometimes play this game with my kids and one of my girls wants to be Princess Leia. In her words, "All the other characters get to fly space ships so why not Leia?", and who am I to argue?

So... how would you stat up our favourite gutsy princess as a starfighter pilot? And what ship should she fly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lau
Malaysia
Petaling jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
She would be flying in nothing less than a super star destroyer in... Wait for it...

...a metal bikini.

Super Star Destroyer (Princess Leia)
Point cost : 80 points
Pilot skill : 0 (she's a princess, not a freaking pilot)

Ability : Action : all ships within range 1 (basically all the ships in play on a 3 x 3 playmat) will now have pilot skill value of -1 (bad pilot causes multiple pile-ups).

Primary weapon : Big Pew-Pew Lasers - 360 degrees firing. Attacks everything at range 1 (even friendly ships as the princess can't operate those damn buttons and levers).

Attack value : 10
Defense value : 0 (too big to miss)
Shields : 20
Hull :20

Upgrades : none. Nope, not even ship upgrades. Da princess ain't no mechanic. Heck, she can't even fly a ship. But she does look mighty good in a metal bikini...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Put her in the Falcon. Maybe a cheaper option than Chewie.

Maybe let her change an eye result once a turn? Cause everyone's so focused on impressing her that they shoot better?

Or maybe make her make crew cards cost less on her ship? Cause she's such a good leader.

No idea if that's fairly costed . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leia pilots an X-Wing in the new Star Wars comic series that Brian Wood is writing (which incidentally is awesome!). In fact she's the leader of the squadron that she flies in! I'd definitely field a Leia flown X-Wing. Maybe an ability like "May change one blank die to an eye." You know...because she's force attuned. Lower pilot skill than Garvin would give her some awesome synergy potential!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fergus Hadley
United Kingdom
leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scomatt9 wrote:
Leia pilots an X-Wing in the new Star Wars comic series that Brian Wood is writing (which incidentally is awesome!). In fact she's the leader of the squadron that she flies in! I'd definitely field a Leia flown X-Wing. Maybe an ability like "May change one blank die to an eye." You know...because she's force attuned. Lower pilot skill than Garvin would give her some awesome synergy potential!

I like this a lot. Especially having her ability as in inverted version of Luke's.
Quote:

Leia Organa
Pilot Skill: 5
Attack: 3
Agility: 2
Hull: 3
Shields: 2
When attacking, Leia may change one {eye} result to a {hit}.
Upgrade slots: Droid, Torpedo

How many points would that be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Brimstone
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
voidstate wrote:

How many points would that be?

19 for the X-Wing
1 for each PS point
1 for the Special Ability

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fergus Hadley
United Kingdom
leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should it be "when attacking with a primary weapon"? Otherwise it's maybe a bit powerful for a PS5 pilot... and she shouldn't be a torpedo master, IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Brimstone
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
voidstate wrote:
Should it be "when attacking with a primary weapon"? Otherwise it's maybe a bit powerful for a PS5 pilot... and she shouldn't be a torpedo master, IMO.

That seems fair, given that the Proton Torpedo will be converting one {eye} into a {crit}, effectively giving her a free crit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fergus Hadley
United Kingdom
leeds
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How's this, then?

(It seems the image won't show until approved. I've added a link so you can click to see it...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something like this maybe? (Don't know how to insert the hit and eye symbols on the card generator though...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
voidstate wrote:
How's this, then?

(It seems the image won't show until approved. I've added a link so you can click to see it...)

Just noticed that you also posted one! lol. This card would actually be a really great addition to the game if they ever do expansions with extra pilots for Wave 1&2 ships. Not sure why they didn't think of this earlier actually...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
scomatt9 wrote:
voidstate wrote:
How's this, then?

Just noticed that you also posted one! lol. This card would actually be a really great addition to the game if they ever do expansions with extra pilots for Wave 1&2 ships. Not sure why they didn't think of this earlier actually...

Because Leia isn't a pilot in the movies. And definitely not much of one is most EU stuff, though she could be I guess if someone wanted to write her that way.

(I am just accepting that star wars is about to be disneyfied into comicbook universe style canon . . . )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be fair, she does pilot the Falcon for awhile in ESB while Han and Chewie are trying to make repairs. She's also one hell of a speeder bike pilot in RotJ, out-flying even Luke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
Because Leia isn't a pilot in the movies. And definitely not much of one is most EU stuff, though she could be I guess if someone wanted to write her that way.

(I am just accepting that star wars is about to be disneyfied into comicbook universe style canon . . . )

Well, FWIW, the very (VERY) first EU publication - before even the second movie came out - "Splinter of the Mind's Eye", has Leia piloting a Y-Wing.

And, as noted...

RogueThirteen wrote:
To be fair, she does pilot the Falcon for awhile in ESB while Han and Chewie are trying to make repairs. She's also one hell of a speeder bike pilot in RotJ, out-flying even Luke.

So I think it's safe to say 'she knows how to fly!'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And again, she is currently leading an X-Wing squadron in Brian Wood's new SW series (that takes place between ANH and ESB). That is, after all, how I cam across the image of her in a flight suit climbing into an X-Wing that I used for the card seen above. Also, she's Anakin's daughter...Luke's sister...and eventually Han's wife. I feel PRETTY sure that she becomes a decent pilot over the course of her life...lol

Plus, I just really like Leia as a character and feel that the game needs more female pilots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Link
United States
Pasadena
Maryland
flag msg tools
Quote:
Plus, I just really like Leia as a character and feel that the game needs more female pilots.

Absolutely! (Also, love the new Star Wars comic!)

I'm going to print this out on some card stock and use it in my games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Star ace Pilot

Florida
msg tools
One thing I do recall is When Luke and Leia landed on Mimbam she was piloting a y-wing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Hughes
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the cards! I'm painting up a squadron of "stealth" X-Wings (from the comic book) and was lamenting the lack of a Leia pilot card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
redjack11 wrote:
Thanks for the cards! I'm painting up a squadron of "stealth" X-Wings (from the comic book) and was lamenting the lack of a Leia pilot card.

Make sure you show off the stealth X-Wings when you're done!

Also, I really do love this Leia card. I definitely need to print one out myself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
I am just accepting that star wars is about to be disneyfied

Every time I hear this, I feel obligated to point out a little-known character from the Marvel Comics run in the late 70s to early 80s and a certain live-action production
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
EitherOrlok wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:
I am just accepting that star wars is about to be disneyfied

Every time I hear this, I feel obligated to point out a little-known character from the Marvel Comics run in the late 70s to early 80s and a certain live-action production

I keep trying to forget about some of the dumber corners of the universe, but you just had to drag the carnivorous rabbits back in, didn't you? Next you're going to try to convince me of something even more improbable, like a a race of tall, (generally) skinny amphibians with a species-wide speech impediment, living on the inside of a hollow planet filled with water. gulp

...more on topic, since Leia and Luke are twins, and she's leading an X-wing squadron, and their abilities (as statted up in this thread, which I like) are mirrored anyway--why not make her PS8 with an elite talent slot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vorpal Sword wrote:
I keep trying to forget about some of the dumber corners of the universe, but you just had to drag the carnivorous rabbits back in, didn't you? Next you're going to try to convince me of something even more improbable, like a a race of tall, (generally) skinny amphibians with a species-wide speech impediment, living on the inside of a hollow planet filled with water. gulp

I promise not to mention it again, and we can all pretend that the Holiday Special never happened (except for the animated sequence introducing Boba Fett).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Hughes
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vorpal Sword wrote:

...more on topic, since Leia and Luke are twins, and she's leading an X-wing squadron, and their abilities (as statted up in this thread, which I like) are mirrored anyway--why not make her PS8 with an elite talent slot?

I think the lower piloting abilities works well for the "nature" part of this "nature vs nurture" equation.

Luke grew up hotrodding around Tattoine, Leia grew up princessing around Aldarran. Different skill sets, the same blood line...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
redjack11 wrote:
Vorpal Sword wrote:

I think the lower piloting abilities works well for the "nature" part of this "nature vs nurture" equation.

Luke grew up hotrodding around Tattoine, Leia grew up princessing around Aldarran. Different skill sets, the same blood line...

And if Leia did have any pilot experience, I imagine it would have been with much less demanding ships like shuttles and skiffs. That she can handle an X-Wing at all without Luke's experience speaks to her affinity for the Force.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schomburg
United States
Maplewood
MN
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG How can you NOT like Jaxxon? He is awesome! I was going to actually make a custom pilot card for him when I had time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.