Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Vecere
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
We decided to pick games that did not require to much setup and a view of cards. Using the piece holder from Tridominos to raise the cards to see from the computer screen.
We could have played more games like Carccassonne, Dixit, Settlers of Catan. But didn't give it much thought until now. I was bored and wanted to play game night with the family. Very excited about being able to play the games.
The first game we played was Lost Cities the board game. 4 people played, my wife, my two sons, and me. We played the Keltis way. So you can either start off with a high card or a low card and continue your run of cards. My one son picking out the cards for me and replacing from the draw pile or board when needed.
I did make one mistake, which cost me the game. I was playing for the cards, not paying attention to the board. See there are pieces on the board called Tikies. You need 5 with in 3 rounds to not get reduced in penlities. Well by first round round up with none and a score of 65. Not good..
By the third round I did have 3 Tikies but alas my lower scores in the other rounds lost me the game. Cutthroat for those gaming pieces was the part of game I lost out on. Once those game pieces come off the board, it's hard to stage a come back. But you do have to be in it to win it.
The last game we play was Phase Ten. 10 cards put them in sets and runs according to 10 players challenge card set. Starting off I was ahead 5 challenge cards under my belt, before anyone else had 3. I wasn't shuffling the cards. Jeez I'm in El Paso there in New York.
My luck ran out, finishing only with two more cards 7/10. I conceded in failure to win, and 2 hours of play just on this game. Singing "This is the game that never ends, It does on, and on my friend." Thankful it ended.
Sorry to say the night in New York caught up with them. As for the experience of playing was priceless. Being stuck in the hotel room with 60+mph sandstorm gusts. Lets just say, I'll be happy when I get back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.