Subject: [Deck] Noise WyrmShop rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Kenyon
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
mb
This is based off a deck I used to run before all the datapacks started coming out, I've not been able to test it with the changes I have made recently... but it looks like it might be able to do a good job!

I'll go through my reasoning behind each card

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core) - Has to be Noise, his ability when I'm running every virus makes this a no brainer

Total Cards: (45)

Event: (8)
Deja Vu (Core) x2 - Just to get back those important cards, I would run 3 if I had the room
Demolition Run (Core) x2 - Fits nicely with Medium to trash those extra cards, it would be rude to not run it!
Stimhack (Core) x3 - Makes running much easier, especially when Wyrm is my only breaker! The brain damage fits well with Public Sympathy
Sure Gamble (Core) x1 - I have just one of these, fits in as a nice little "you don't think I have enough money to run, uh oh" card

Hardware: (10)
E3 Feedback Implants (Trace Amount) x2 ■■ - MASSIVELY lowers the cost of breaking Ice, pay 3 to break the first routine, then very little to break the next!
Cyberfeeder (Core) x3 - Recurring credits to either help me play my viruses(although workshop helps with that) or for pumping Wyrm
Spinal Modem (What Lies Ahead) x3 - More Wyrm pumpage!!
The Personal Touch (Core) x2 ■■ - Pumps up Wyrm, making each run cheaper!!

Program: (20)
Wyrm (Core) x2 - I like Wyrm as a breaker, with Parasite on Workshop and Wyrm in play no piece of Ice is safe!
Djinn (Core) x3 - I have a lot of Viruses, need room to play them
Imp (What Lies Ahead) x3 - Best Virus in the game, well, this and Parasite... it would be rude not to include it in any Anarch deck
Medium (Core) x3 - Works perfectly with Demo run
Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus) x3 - More Viruses for the mill, also kinda works well with Demo run!
Parasite (Core) x3 - Pop these on Personal Workshop and the Corp will fear rezzing Ice!
Datasucker (Core) x3 - Helps with trashing R&D, trashing Ice w/ parasite and helping Wyrm

Resource: (7)
Ice Carver (Core) x2 - Would be rude not to run this
Public Sympathy (Cyber Exodus) x3 - Fits well with Stimhack and allows me to amass cards in my hand as I don't really want to trash anything!
Aesop's Pawnshop (Core) x1 ■■ - Fits well with all the Viruses I'm playing, hopefully I can get this out early to help pump the economy
Personal Workshop (Cyber Exodus) x1 ■■■■ - For playing Viruses, although it isn't essential to the strategy.

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 69
Criminal: 4
Shaper: 10

Well that is my deck, what would you change? Personally I would be tempted to remove the Hedge Fund and a Spinal Modem, replace them with 2x Wyldside, just to help get everything out asap!

Let me know what ya'll think!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Finkle
msg tools
May I ask why Wyrm and not Crypsis? Crypsis costs considerably less to break Ice. It's also a virus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wildfire393 wrote:
May I ask why Wyrm and not Crypsis? Crypsis costs considerably less to break Ice. It's also a virus.

Usually, it's because Wyrm can kill ICE with the help of Parasite. Or vice versa. Either way, Wyrm would be next to useless without Parasite.

I gave it a shot but the maths was simply excruciating, even to break even the simplest of things in multiples. So...

I've seen it work, but anything beyond the bare basic of ICE and it falls apart.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tandoori Chicken
msg tools
Seems like you might spend a fair bit of time clicking for credits. Also, be cautious with the combination of Spinal Modem and Stimhack (especially if there are bioroids about). One tag that sticks (to trash a saccharine Public Sympathy or two) and you could be in trouble.

That being said:
Noise + Parasite/Datasucker/Imp/Medium/Nerve Agent (+deja vu) = always good, so the deck may be playable, but if you're going this route, why not a more standard Noise deck? This one seems less able than others to bounce back/apply pressure after the corp "wastes" a turn clearing counters, since with no real breakers how do you reload those Datasuckers?

Also, again back to the economy, I'm not sure I agree that E3 does all that much to improve the efficiency of Wyrm. You still are spending 3 creds to break one subroutine... that's 3 clicks, or a click and one of your Sure Gambles, etc. Influence could probably be better spent elsewhere unless you are in a very Bioroid-heavy meta.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where's the economy?

I was writing an analysis and got bored... so I stopped. Maybe it's enough to make one big run and destroy three ICE. Then then on the third click after being able to see 5 cards you Demo Run and get a chance at 7 on your last click. For a single turn of 12 cards... hmm, it might work. But I imagine your opponent would have a ton of credits by this point and can rez anything nasty on R&D.

x3 Stims = 9c
x1 PW = 7c (7 turns...?)
x1 Aesop = 15c (5 Turns...?)
x3 Sure Gamble = 12c

Total = 61c

If you draw 1/3 or (or even half) of those a game you still can't make anywhere near enough threats.

To play 2x Cyberfeeder, x1 Wyrm, x3 Parasites, x1 Djinn, and x2 Mediums
Total: 4c, 1c, 0c, 2c, 2c = 9c. Lets assume we've had to Djinn for 3 cards (3c) so a total of 12c to set up the Rig.

Then stimhack with wyrm

... And those calculations are if you start with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Kenyon
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
flag msg tools
mb
Edit: Maybe dropping in 2 M'opus instead of the 2 Personal Touch would help the whole deck work much better?

Edit 2: I think, maybe, including Crypsis in this deck would be BRILLIANT. Make those cheap Ices easy to break, and the expensive Ice super trashable!!

wildfire393 wrote:

I don't know why, but I just prefer playing Wyrm, it is incredibly expensive, but that cost can be lowered.

If you want to push a big final turn run, with 3 parasites on Personal Workshop, you can easily stimhack into R&D, trashing 3 pieces of Ice(and 3 cards) and potentially leaving R&D open to more free running!

Let's see how much this kind of run would cost, and let us also imagine we're up against a fairly well defended Weyland R&D.

First piece of Ice is Archer. You drop a parasite on archer(which is at str 5 because of Ice Carver), you then have two ways to go about it. Datasucker the thing down, or buff Wyrm. It would cost you 2 to bring Wyrms strength upto 5(Personal Touches should already be down, if not add 2 to everything) then 5 to bring Archer down to 0, costing you 7 to trash Archer. Also potentially 2 to play the Parasite from Workshop.

If you started the run with Stimhack you should have 2 credits left on that, plus 5 from your Hardware and whatever else you're running.

Next two pieces of Ice are probably cheap Codegates or Barriers, or maybe a str 7 Icewall? and a Woodcutter with a million counters on it.

Woodcutter would cost you nothing to match strength, 1 to lower it to 0, 2 to play Parasite.

Which would leave you with 3 credits left in your hardware plus whatever you have for general use.

Ice Wall would cost 11 to match strength and lower to 0, then 2 to trash with Parasite.

This would leave you needing 10 credits in your general pool to make that run. Once it is done though, you have free reign. How does that compare to making the same run using normal breakers? - and not being able to trash the cards

Ninja would cost you 10 to break Archer without Ice Carver.
Ninja would cost 3+ to break Woodcutter, other breakers wouldn't be much better depending on how many counters are on it.
Corroder would cost 6 to break through the Ice Wall.

That whole run would probably cost 20+ credits, which means you would only ever really get one chance to break through. Obviously could probably lower that by playing Ice Carver, Dinosaurus, Stimhack, recurring credits, but the Ice would still exist.

Without Parasite Archer would be much more expensive mind. 2 to get upto strength, 5 to lower, 3 to break one sub, 3 to break the other 3 subs(using E3). So 13 in total.

Ichi would cost 0 to match strength, 3 to lower, 3 to break the first sub, 2 to break the other 2... costing 8. With E3 you should be using an action and 2 credits to break it though. I dunno. It is an odd deck.

Edit 3:
I've added in and Economy(M'Opus) and a cheap way to break Ice(Crypsis). This now feels a lot more well rounded, without any big flaws.

Crypsis can break the cheap Ice quite nicely, whilst Wyrm + Viruses can trash the nasty Ice!

Deck Created with CardGameDB.com Android: Netrunner Deck Builder

Identity:
Noise: Hacker Extraordinaire (Core)

Total Cards: (45)

Event: (7)
Deja Vu (Core) x2
Demolition Run (Core) x2
Stimhack (Core) x3

Hardware: (8)
E3 Feedback Implants (Trace Amount) x2 ■■
Cyberfeeder (Core) x3
Spinal Modem (What Lies Ahead) x3

Program: (23)
Wyrm (Core) x2
Djinn (Core) x2
Imp (What Lies Ahead) x3
Medium (Core) x3
Nerve Agent (Cyber Exodus) x3
Parasite (Core) x3
Datasucker (Core) x3
Magnum Opus (Core) x2 ■■
Crypsis (Core) x2

Resource: (7)
Ice Carver (Core) x2
Public Sympathy (Cyber Exodus) x3
Aesop's Pawnshop (Core) x1 ■■
Personal Workshop (Cyber Exodus) x1 ■■■■

Influence Values Totals -
Anarch: 67
Criminal: 4
Shaper: 10

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How are you getting Wyrm to the table?

x2 copies and no tutors.

If Wyrm doesn't show up, you have no ice breaking options from what I can tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
meh. another deck that needs to be fixed mid post.

I like the idea of DemoRun and still waiting for just a bit more consistency before I try this deck idea.

At the moment, I have plans to test Forged Activation Orders and use Joshua B. I want to make the Corps choose between wiping virus counters or destroying Joshua B. I'll skip the Aesops and aim for just enough economy (~25 credits plus stimhack to make my one turns worth of deep runs).

The deck will stink vs Jinteki and against Scorched Earth - two notable factions - but meh - who cares. It's about fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederic Bush
United States
Narberth
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I played a deck like this at one point. It was too fidgety, not just because of the snail's pace due to economy problems, but because you needed 3 different cards, Wyrm, Djinn, and Workshop, to pull off the big turn.

BTW, if your opponent has already rezzed the ICE, you can install parasite from workshop on your opponent's turn, which saves you some resources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like Workshop Noise, but with some cards replaced by worse cards (Crypsis with Wyrm, Workshop/Pawnshop with Personal Touch/E3).

It already pretty easy to kill lots of ice with parasites off a workshop and recur them in workshop noise. Not sure what you gain by using Wyrm and not having Crypsis, other than making it much harder to get to an agenda they are trying to score early on, if you dont have multiple parasites. (Also, with only 1 workshop, you have less chance to be able to take the parasite off a workshop and instantly kill ice. Youll have to encounter ice, let it happen, parasite it, and run again).

Djinn doesnt tutor for Wyrm like it does for Crypsis.

I do like Demo run sometimes, with nerve agent it kills the entire hand. I think something like a 1of Demo run in workshop noise is fine, you either nuke their hand sometime so they cant fast advance or hide things there, or it aids your R&D dig.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bingo Little
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I do not agree that this deck seems like workshop noise. Actually, it doesn't seem like anything. This is a very bad deck. Don't take it personally. I play extensive noise, and I don't believe this deck will work because it of incredible inconsistency.

As other commenters have put, there is a major economy issue just because of lack of critical number of economy cards, especially considering pumpable breakers. Spinal modem may soften the blow but in the current nbn trappy meta, you'll get eaten alive.

Furthermore, 1 of Sure Gamble is possibly the worst thing you can do for your econ. Sure gamble is only good en masse, as it increases your chance of drawing an expensive economy card first hand. It has to be first hand. A noise player will almost never be in a position to handle a card cost of 5 mid-game as a draw. Sure gamble x3 and Liberated Accounts x3 is so great because you have over 50% of getting one of them in your first 5 cards and over 80% including mulligan. Without 6 expensive economy cards, a noise player needs to ask themselves whether it is worth having any expensive economy cards at all. The draw chance in 5 for 3 sure gambles is a crappy 30% chance. You need to know how you're gonna roll before you pick up your first card. You can't do that. And remember you're not drawing just for the eco card.

This problem is even worse considering the rest of one offs. 1 Workshop!!!! You cannot call this deck noise workshop. How do you get that workshop? What percentage of games will you draw it ever, let alone fast enough to make a difference.

E3 can make running against ice cheap, but....again, consistency. E3 is a dead draw in the majority of cases based on both stage of the game, ice composition of the corp. You can't take that chance.

Finally, there are just plain questionable and contradictory card choices. You want to kill ice but it seems you want to do it in the most expensive and awkward way possible. For instance, 2 deja vus drastically limit the number of parasite redraws which is the best way to mill and kill. As an HB fast advance player I can tell you how 3 deja vus and returning parasites are one of the only things I'm even remotely afraid of.

There's more, but thats the gist of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.