Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Childers
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night I ran into a situation I'm not sure how to handle. My sub was on column C and I elected to make a re-attack. I revealed a Rising Sun on column D. It was a battleship and I wasn't in home waters, so I replaced the chit, but what I got out was a meatball flag.

Now that it's a meatball, since I'm on re-attack and am supposed to reveal all Rising Suns first, do I leave the chit that replaced the BB unrevealed and pick a different Rising Sun? Or I do reveal the meatball chit that replaced it, since flipping it in the first place represents initiating an approach on that chit whatever it turns out to be? Or do I keep drawing chits out of Cup D until I draw a non-BB Rising Sun?

Edit: added third option

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brien Miller
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Reveal the meatball chit that replaced it. As you noted, flipping it in the first place represents initiating an approach on that chit whatever it was.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Childers
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Brien. If I were Nimitz I'd have a little chat with any skipper that mistook a 1t junk for a BB! That amusing possibility is a price worth paying though for the historical accuracy of restricting the movements of the BBs, and really, how else would you do the latter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.