Yedo» Forums » Rules

Subject: Aren't Dojo & Kobudu Ryu actions swapped? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcin Mościcki
msg tools
Where is Ishtar's nipple??!
mbmbmbmbmb
I ask because according to english rules, Dojo allows you to exchange a weapons card,m while Kobudu Ryou (weapons room) an action card and it stroke me as odd. Of course, maybe it was done to make the game work better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Vande Ginste
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You have an eagle eye . The swap actions were implemented in a later phase of making the game to balance things and offer everyone always changes to do something with his/her disciples.
It's no mistake of translation, because it's in both languages the same.
It just probably slipped true our attention. It was probably swapped to balance strenght of buldings, without paying attention on the deeper meaning .
Again prove that how much you look and look again to tune everything perfectly, there's always details who pass by under the radar .

I will ask Wolf and the others if they remember when where or why things were swapped, or maybe another reason. I don't remember an excact reason . So my explanation here is what I think happened

Nice find!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolf Plancke
Belgium
Kortrijk
West Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

they were swapped on purpose ... the Kobudu Ryou was already quite strong annex + no 2 annexes do something with the weapons.

Wolf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Vande Ginste
Belgium
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luckely Wolf has a better memory than me .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Mościcki
msg tools
Where is Ishtar's nipple??!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I suspected something like this. Can't wait to play the game - I love Princes of Florence, deep theme and wouldn't say no to some screwage. I think I should like it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Adamson
Canada
Whitby
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking the exact same thing. Thematically, it would make sense that use of the weapons school would be the place that allows you to purchase cheaper weapons, as well as allows you to trade in your weapons for another. It would also make sense that the dojo is where you train to influence your actions.

Having a weapon action at the dojo is a little weird. I actually checked the player board against the rulebook to see if there was an error, and found that they were identical. I figured that it was playtested and made that way for balance issues, but I don't see a problem with having it the other way either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.