Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Pax Baltica» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some rule clarifications please... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Powers
United States
Triangle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are units on fleets considered in 'home territory'? This is key to the attrition events.

If a unit is in a home territory, but the opponent has a garrison cube in it, does the unit pay double for RP?

Similarly, if a unit is in an enemies territory, but they have taken the garrison (one of their garrison cubes is in the area) do they still pay double?

If Sweden has lost an army, and thus their armies cost double, and they are not in a friendly area (also a double), do they pay 6RP per step or 8RP? We assumed 8, but want to be sure.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Muldoon (silentdibs)
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bpowers wrote:
Are units on fleets considered in 'home territory'? This is key to the attrition events.

The top of page 16: "Fleet blocks, and any blocks transported by them, ignore all losses due to events."

Quote:
If a unit is in a home territory, but the opponent has a garrison cube in it, does the unit pay double for RP?

8.3 (Important! box): "Replacement steps may be added to blocks in territories without a friendly garrison. However, the RP cost is doubled in this case."

A home territory with an enemy garrison cube is "a territory without a friendly garrison", so RP costs are doubled.

Quote:
Similarly, if a unit is in an enemies territory, but they have taken the garrison (one of their garrison cubes is in the area) do they still pay double?

No, see same quote above.

Quote:
If Sweden has lost an army, and thus their armies cost double, and they are not in a friendly area (also a double), do they pay 6RP per step or 8RP? We assumed 8, but want to be sure.

2 RP doubled twice is 8 RP.

Thanks for playing!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.