Greg Berry
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Larry,

Can a siege weapon fire its one shot into an adjacent territory on the same turn that a battle will occur in the targeted space? I.e. Can I move some troops into an enemy occupied space, then during the battle phase shoot a catapult against an enemy unit in the same space that I have my troops in, then resolve the battle where the catapult has fired against enemy troops into?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Bogucki
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Greg,
I'm going to repost your details from your most recent play if that is ok with you.

To answer your question:
You can fire a siege weapon into an adjacent territory where a battle is taking place, provided that the siege weapon is not engaged or has not been engaged in battle in the territory it is currently in this turn.

Does that answer it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Berry
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lbogucki wrote:
Hi Greg,
I'm going to repost your details from your most recent play if that is ok with you.

To answer your question:
You can fire a siege weapon into an adjacent territory where a battle is taking place, provided that the siege weapon is not engaged or has not been engaged in battle in the territory it is currently in this turn.

Does that answer it?

That's got it covered. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zachary
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Larry,

It is great to see the designer actively monitoring his own game's site.

Follow-up question: Do units like the cannon, when firing at range, get to use their minus modifiers when the target goes to make a saving roll?

So, if the Dwarf's cannon hits an adjacent skeleton is the saving roll made at "2" or is it "2" minus "2" for the cannon's modifier?

Thanks for the reply!

PS. Played another great game one with Dave and Charles last night! Hopefully, today my copy will arrive!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Bogucki
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm OCD for Warparty. There... I admitted it.

The Cannon fires into an adjacent territory at a 4, not a 4(-1).

Glad to hear you guys played again last night.

Just out of curiosity, where did your order your copy of Warparty from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zachary
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Larry,

I got my copy at Game Parlor in Chantilly, Virginia.

(Interesting backstory: I talked about ordering the game with the store's clerk. Without me pre-ordering, he got a copy because he saw us play the game a lot on "board game" night - every Tuesday night. Apparently, that copy was scooped up last Friday. No worries: I ordered and now have my shiny new copy sitting next to me as I type this!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.