Belfort: The Expansion Expansion» Forums » General

Subject: Estimated Release? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sochan

Rhode Island
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just curious about the estimated release (Kickstarter and general) for the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SockHandPuppet wrote:
I'm just curious about the estimated release (Kickstarter and general) for the expansion.

Seconded
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael King
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thirded!laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Nessuno
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fourthed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shooock wrote:
Fourthed

Fifthed

The Kickstarter will go live on Monday. The release will be Q4 2013.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael King
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Schott
United States
Roanoke
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted something on Facebook when Michael changed his avatar. Probably another week or two before the KS campaign for the Belfort expansion launches. I was glad to see it wasn't following quite as quickly as the Eminent Domain KS followed Dungeon Roll. That was a pretty short gap.

(Of course, now that I've said that it will probably start tomorrow. :-/ )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
paschott wrote:
I posted something on Facebook when Michael changed his avatar. Probably another week or two before the KS campaign for the Belfort expansion launches. I was glad to see it wasn't following quite as quickly as the Eminent Domain KS followed Dungeon Roll. That was a pretty short gap.

(Of course, now that I've said that it will probably start tomorrow. :-/ )

You are right it starts on Monday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bright
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:
Shooock wrote:
Fourthed

Fifthed

Just take my god-damned money already!

I've been eagerly awaiting this expansion ever since I playtested it last year. Can't wait to see what goodies TMG has planned for this Kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrMayhem wrote:
Shooock wrote:
Fourthed

Fifthed

I have to question your overall concern for your customers here by not waiting a couple of months to put out the kickstarter. I am out of game money to spend, but absolutely love Belfort.

Damn you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DanKD wrote:
DrMayhem wrote:
Shooock wrote:
Fourthed

Fifthed

I have to question your overall concern for your customers here by not waiting a couple of months to put out the kickstarter. I am out of game money to spend, but absolutely love Belfort.

Damn you!

My concern is high. We still need to fund 2 large and fantastic euro games in time to deliver everything in time for Christmas, and I don't want to run any projects at the same time...

Plus, the games are also very compelling in the retail channel for purchase as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'll save you a seat at the table!
mbmbmbmbmb
Monday is waaaaaaay to far off. A teaser or two would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lame... kickstarter? really...
The game has already been funded, purchased by many, and is clearly successful. Now we're going to be forced to wait many many months longer just so the publisher can make some extra money off the dedicated fans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
Lame... kickstarter? really...
The game has already been funded, purchased by many, and is clearly successful. Now we're going to be forced to wait many many months longer just so the publisher can make some extra money off the dedicated fans.

If it were not going to be on Kickstarter, then you'd wait just as long, you just might not have realized it.

In other words, utilizing Kickstarter to fund the expansion does not make it take longer to come out. If anything, it will come out earlier than it would otherwise.

So if you prefer, just ignore all news about the kickstarter, and pretend it came out by "regular channels" and you're not out anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So what you're saying, Seth, is that the game is already in production, and has a shipment date in Q4 and no time whatsoever will be wasted in producing the kickstarter stretch bonuses, and the production of those bonuses will not impede the timely release of this expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
So what you're saying, Seth, is that the game is already in production, and has a shipment date in Q4 and no time whatsoever will be wasted in producing the kickstarter stretch bonuses, and the production of those bonuses will not impede the timely release of this expansion?

What I'm saying is that if it were not going on Kickstarter next week, it would not be coming out Q4 this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm Gonna Wreck It!
United States
Spring Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:

You might as well get used to the fact this is the new medium for publishers to get something to market and just accept that. It probably isn't changing anytime soon.

If anything, you'll see a medium grow up through kickstarter focused on just that. Especially with projects like Veronica Mars changing the definition of what Kickstarter actually is.

On the other hand, throwing money at my screen isn't doing anything...cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
pyroraptor70 wrote:
If anything, you'll see a medium grow up through kickstarter focused on just that. Especially with projects like Veronica Mars changing the definition of what Kickstarter actually is.

I just looked this up, and that's ridiculous. Kickstarter was supposed to be able helping people fund projects that had no alternative to create the capital necessary to get the ball rolling. Now it's just a way for publishers and producers to force the risk onto their fans while they roll in the cash. It's disgusting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Wiley
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DanKD wrote:
DrMayhem wrote:
Shooock wrote:
Fourthed

Fifthed

Damn you!

Consumer fatigue could become an issue but there is also such a thing as momentum. At any rate, TMG kickstarters are becoming for me a "pledge first, read project details / balance the budget later" =-D

That said, I've been waiting for this KS for awhile - at my house, Belfort is the most requested TMG game when game night rolls around and we're all looking for a bit more variety (we usually play without interactive guilds as multiple members of the group actively dislike 'take that' game mechanics).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Australia
Nedlands
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:

I just looked this up, and that's ridiculous. Kickstarter was supposed to be able helping people fund projects that had no alternative to create the capital necessary to get the ball rolling.

And that is the case for TMG. Let's say they have 10 great ideas for good and new games (don't know exact number), but only have enough funding to publish 3 a year, what are good ways the raise funding? Kickstarter is the most obvious way to do it and it means we can get the game this year instead of waiting until 2015, win/win for everyone.

wizcreations wrote:
Now it's just a way for publishers and producers to force the risks onto their fans while they roll in the cash. It's disgusting.

I'm pretty sure TMG has gone through this topic multiple times in their blog and other forums (all searchable on bgg), why don't you go read those and complain on those posts, so the rest of us can just get excited on this forum about a great expansion coming out for a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
pyroraptor70 wrote:

I just looked this up, and that's ridiculous. Kickstarter was supposed to be able helping people fund projects that had no alternative to create the capital necessary to get the ball rolling. Now it's just a way for publishers and producers to force the risk onto their fans while they roll in the cash. It's disgusting.

Veronica Mars movie would not happen without Kickstarter. They just have a higher needed budget than a board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, yeah... I should just accept it, I know. Long gone are the days of "if you make it they will come." Now are the days of CYA (cover your a..)
kickstarter wrote:
There could be demand for 1,000 copies, or 3,000 copies. And printing the wrong quantity would either lead to shortages or financial losses.

I have to say, though, I am happy to see that this expansion is available for a mere $20. I look forward to it being added to my collection sometime by Christmas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
I am happy to see that this expansion is available for a mere $20. I look forward to it being added to my collection sometime by Christmas.

Just to put this into perspective...

Without Kickstarter this expansion would not be available for $20. AND it would not be here by Christmas.

This is all made possible by crowd funding. Crowd funding is not just some smarmy tactic to spread the financial risk to the end user. However, if you feel that it is, you are of course welcome to wait until these products hit retail to get them (or just skip them altogether).

But it sounds like you are pledging for a copy through Kickstarter anyway, so thank you for your support!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Crane
United States
Sherman Oaks
CA
flag msg tools
mbmb
I know you're using KS to gauge interest, Michael, so I just wanted to say that though I won't be backing there, I will be letting my FLGS know that as soon as they can get this in stock, I'll buy it, so please print at least one extra copy for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.