Subject: Guessing the NBN Identity rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Damian Tyree
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know everybody is 'champing' at the bit for Humanity's Shadow, but I thought, since we've been guessing the Criminal Identity (and since I'm much more excited about NBN), I'd open a thread about the coming NBN ID.

Here's an off-the-wall one to start.

NBN: Watching Out For You
Once per turn, whenever either a program or an event is added to the runner's heap from play, gain 2c.

Too powerful? Should it be 1c? Weyland's core ID only gives you 1c for something nearly as situational, but it's not once per turn.
Or is it too weak? Should it be 3c? Runners do usually play events, but I can see some runner decks evolving to depend less on events one day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian Tyree
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's another one:

NBN: Driven By Success
Whenever there is a successful trace, gain 2c.

Again, should it be 1c?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Charles
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
I'm going with the popular Theory based on Chaos, and that is simply more influence.

NBN: Total Information
50 Card Min, 19 Influence. And then something silly like 1 recurring for rezzing upgrades. Which is nothing to scoff at sure, but I don't think it has the same economy impact as HB or Weylands money making.
And opposed to the C&C HB, I'm thinking no restrictions (which is why 19 as opposed to 22)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Scientist Philip von Doomula
United States
Orono
ME
flag msg tools
"I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
mbmbmbmbmb
NBN: Don't Be Afraid

Whenever you successfully tag a Runner, Gain 3 Credits.

"Cat videos are the wave of the future!."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Keys
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Interrupt.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm kind of hoping we get a 40 card minimum deck size for the new NBN identity. I think that would present an interesting direction for NBN fast advance with a higher risk of decking out.

I'm also wondering if they'll start doing some kind of interaction with Advertisements at this stage. It would be interesting if the identity was that advertisements provide one additional credit. This could be really overpowered with PAD Campaign and Adonis Campaign, so maybe it'll be advertisement ICE that provides the bonus, and it won't come up until we have more. Either way, it seems logical that, at some point, NBN will have an identity that relates to advertisements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NBN: Because we care
Whenever a run ends with the runner tagged, gain 1C.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lothar Neu
Germany
Sarstedt
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
NBN: Best Friends 4 Ever

Whenever the runner gets a tag he gets a second tag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Keys
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Interrupt.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kandiru wrote:
NBN: Because we care
Whenever a run ends with the runner tagged, gain 1C.

I like this idea. It turns Data Ravens into powerful Pop-up Windows if the Runner finishes the run!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Perry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
Quarashi wrote:
NBN: Don't Be Afraid

Whenever you successfully tag a Runner, Gain 3 Credits.

"Cat videos are the wave of the future!."

so this turns Breaking News into an agenda for 2 advancements that

-tags the runner twice
-gives the corp 6 credits
-gives the corp one agenda point.

I would love it, but it would probably be 2 or 1, or be the FIRST tag you put on a runner on a turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezio Auditore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Gotta say, even at 2c I'd rather play NBN: Making News than Driven By Success. They both revolve around the trace mechanic which is a bad idea in the first place but then the one we currently have lets them stick more while this one just prompts you to spend more to get them to land.

Going by prior history you have
HB Core: +1c for first install per turn
HB 2: +1 strength to Bioroid ICE
Jinteki Core: 1 Net Damage when an agenda is sored
Jinteki 2: Can't run remotes until you try to run a central
Weyland Core: +1c Extra on Operation Transactions
Weyland 2: 1rc for advancing ICE.

None of the current Identities revolve around the same mechanic so I'm hoping NBN is the same. I got to be honest, I can't wait for the next identity but I'm going to really miss those 2 recurring credits.

One thought I have is.
HB 2 specifically helps their signature ICE, bioroids are already strong ICE, this makes it more painful.
Jinteki 2 is a little wierd, we haven't seen a mechanic like that anywhere else in the game before or after it was released. Having said that, being able to stack ICE in one place (Central Servers) allows All their signature ICE like Sensei, Cell Portal and even operations like Sunset to work more effectively. It also makes you have to contend with the painful ICE they have like Neural Katana and Wall of Thorns. In effect this really benefits Jinteki ICE
Weyland 2 specifically helps their signature ICE.

Following the pattern, it seems the Genesis ID's are meant to make the faction ICE better.

So you could imagine an ID that says something like

NBN: Caught in the Act
You may add [subroutine]End the Run to any piece of NBN ICE once per run.

But I see something different as well.
HB and Weyland already have quite a bit of money from their Base ID's And while Weyland's new ID is a recurring credit it's not really helping their liquid money assets like the first ID did. And HB's new ID doesn't add to money at all.
On the other hand Jinteki 2 did something that really helps Jinteki money, adding a click and the break cost of the least threatening outermost piece of ICE on a central server (your not supposed to just put an end the run or Sensei as the outermost piece, ) to the cost of trashing any asset they have. I'm pretty diligent about killing PAD campaigns normally, but the cost seems incredibly high against Jinteki 2.

You still gun down Melange's but I've seen lots of Jinteki 2 players with plenty of money, whereas Jinteki 1 always seems money starved. NBN also currently seems money starved at times. Perhaps we'll see a mechanic that helps NBN make money.

NBN: World Wide Web
The corp gains 1c every time a subroutine with a trace is broken.

Or lastly, I see most Weyland and HB players building 1 big remote server to score things behind and dare you to come run it if you can, on the other hand, Jinteki likes to go wide with multiple remote servers and confuse you. All 3 new ID's have catered to that style of play.

NBN can kind of play either way, but generally I see NBN as a multi remote server kind of faction.

NBN: News is Everywhere
The corp may choose and rez 1 piece of ICE already installed on a remote server to protect any other remote server. This piece of ICE is not moved from it's current location and upgrades on the current server do not affect it while protecting the new server. You may select a new piece of ICE each run.

That one's a bit complicated, but the idea is, you can build one big remote server and use any piece of ICE in that remote server as protection for all other servers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"If the runner is tagged, your ice gain an additional 'End the Run' subroutine after all other subroutines". - The identity that makes Data Raven the best thing ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Kernes
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
"If the Runner is Tagged gain: Click, Click, Click: Trash a Program."
or
"When an Agenda is Scored or Stolen the Runner takes a Tag"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KingLz wrote:

NBN: Overly Attached Network?

As for giving NBN money when it lands a tag, I think Experimilk is right -- it will be too tough to balance Breaking News with other tagging sources to make that feasible.

However, I do think this NBN Identity will be economic in nature and provide the Runner with a tougher choice when facing tags.

As such, I think granting NBN money when a tag is *removed* is definitely on the table, and a good option -- this presents the Runner with a dilemma when facing multiple tags -- does he swing the economic scales heavily to get rid of them, or let them ride and risk punishment? This would be a great boost to using heavy tagging as an economic denial with Psychographics as a much more effective backup threat.

On the other end of the spectrum (whereas pay out upon removal nudges the Runner towards letting tags ride), moving the tag payment to a beginning of the turn thing could help reward NBN for managing to stick lots of tags in rapid succession, something that only Psychographics or PSF attrition strategies really reward right now. If a new NBN Identity got to gain 1c for every tag the Runner has at the beginning of NBN's turn, this provides an ongoing benefit against Runners comfortable letting tags ride to facilitate late-game glory runs. This *might* be good, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its really hard to tell; but I think NBNs new identity will involve one of theses themes:
a) Fast Advance
b) Tag

In addition, I'm not sure the new ID will grant additional money. I think they already get that benefit with the +2 trace recurring credits.

So I'm thinking,

NBN:
Any time you score an agenda trace3: give the runner a tag.

Why I like this card?
- It entices the Corps to score on his turn so that he can punish tags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Hedegaard
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NBN: Information Adaptation
For each tag the runner has, your ice have +1 strength.

Making News makes it easier to land traces/tags, so I figure that the new ID will make it easier to use tags. This would even work to make tagging on the runner's turn more useful, which addresses a fundamental issue of tags in that they don't actually matter until it's the corp turn (Dedicated Response Team will help to fix that too, when it arrives).

Edit: Also makes stacks of tags more threatening as well, which is another tag issue that should be addressed, so that tag stacking becomes useful for more than just PSF harass and Psychographics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Townsend
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still going with my:

NBN:No Secrets

If the runner is tagged, they must play with thier hand revealed.

50/18
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Perry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
NBN is the only corp with a card that cares about the amount of times the runner is tagged, (in conjuction with an agenda coming out in the same data pack that theoretically works in sync with that card) and i really see the new identity also caring about the number tags a runner has.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris H
msg tools
mb
"If the runner is tagged, all ICE gains +2 strength" - Too HB-like?

Maybe:
"Gain 2 credits at the start of your turn if the runner is tagged"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Gum
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
experimilk wrote:
NBN is the only corp with a card that cares about the amount of times the runner is tagged, (in conjuction with an agenda coming out in the same data pack that theoretically works in sync with that card) and i really see the new identity also caring about the number tags a runner has.

"At the start of each turn, gain 1C for each tag the runner has"?

Or, what about something like...

"Whenever the runner removes a tag, Trace0. If successful, the runner takes a tag."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
KingLz wrote:

The way that's worded, it triggers itself, so the runner gets infinite tags as soon as they're tagged once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian Tyree
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skiesbleed wrote:
I'm also wondering if they'll start doing some kind of interaction with Advertisements at this stage. It would be interesting if the identity was that advertisements provide one additional credit. This could be really overpowered with PAD Campaign and Adonis Campaign, so maybe it'll be advertisement ICE that provides the bonus, and it won't come up until we have more. Either way, it seems logical that, at some point, NBN will have an identity that relates to advertisements.

I like this idea. I want card subtypes to start mattering more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FirstName LastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skiesbleed wrote:

That could be cool. Even something like "Whenever the Runner accesses an installed advertisement, gain 2 credits."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Case
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A variation on one already posted here:

NBN: Reporting it first
Whenever an agenda is stolen, trace x, where x is theadvancement requirement of the stolen agenda. If successful, give the runner a tag.

Power variations: Scored or stolen, value instead of requirement, two tags instead of one, tag at end of turn rather than immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NBN: Now More Than Ever
The runner must spend 3C to remove tags.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris H
msg tools
mb
skiesbleed wrote:

Yes! My favorite idea so far.

Another idea I had today was something like "all base traces are at +1" or something similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.