Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Pint Craft» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bonus Cards-Taproom & Distro License-, Challange Round, Seasons, Faceoff rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
We had our first play last night and a few questions came up regarding some rules that are not clearly outlined in the playbook.

1> Seasons. Do the season cards get shuffled or do we play them in the natural order of the calendar year? (we played natural order, but he rules do not clarify)

2>Taproom and Distribution License. In the rules an example is given of "big Tanks" that a player may have two in play but they only get the bonus of one. However nothing is said of the Taproom or Distro License, each of which give one extra ingredient per season change per beer on tap. Do we get the bonus for each of these cards we have in play, or just one bonus per "type" of card? Here is the scenario from last night;

At one point in the game I had two (2) Distribution License and two (2) Taproom cards played out before and four (4) recipes on tap. This had me scoring 4(bonus cards in play)x4(recipes) for a total of 16 Ingredients collected every-time the turn went around and the season changed. I liked that I was getting so much, but it felt like I had a slightly unfair advantage over two of the other players who had less of these type cards in play. The entire table agreed we were playing correctly, but I wanted to make sure.

3> The rules clearly state that in a faceoff the season card is flipped and season bonus' are handed out immediately. What is the process when someone goes over the Pint Limit? Here is our scenario from last night;

This was a 4 Player game, I was player 4, and the last to go before the season changed. I was first to reach the Pint Limit and thus the "challenge" round started, does the season get changed immediately, does it get changed at all, or do we continue the round as a normal play round and change it when the turn gets to it? In our game the season would of changed after my turn was over as it was, so we just did that, and thus I took my bonus ingredients along with everyone else. Player 1 felt I should not be allowed to partake in the Season bonus because I had already reached the Pint Limit.

4> Faceoff round. In the faceoff round who goes first? Following the same scenario above, after the challenge round Myself player 4 and player 1 were the only breweries left. I stated that I should go first in Faceoff since I was the first to the pint limit (player 1 had actually hit a higher pint limit than myself during his turn in the challenge round). Player 1 argued that he should go first since he was player 1. We both had a big supply of ingredients left, and because of what recipes were left and the order they were stacked in which ever of us got to go first in the Faceoff would win the game.

5> Faceoff question 2. My understanding from the rules is the first player to go in the faceoff round can use as many of his ingredients to make as many recipes as possible, and only after he is done can the next player in the faceoff make recipes. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Helmholdt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
1) I would play the seasons in the natural order, but it might be fun to shuffle them!

2) The "Taproom" "Disro. License" and "Bottling Line" cards are stackable -i.e. the bonuses build up. Players get higher bonuses for having more of these cards. It sounds like you were playing correctly.

3) During the Challenge Round, the season gets changed at the normal point in the play, i.e. the season would have changed after your turn even though you crossed the Victory Pint Threshold and you would get your normal seasonal bonuses.

4) This is a good question, and an area of the game that needs a bit of refinement, but here's my design intent. The play in the Face Off should proceed as normal. If the initiator of the Challenge Round is still in the game, then he or she starts the face off and play proceeds in the same order minus any eliminated players.

5) Your understanding is correct, there is no limit on the number of recipes that a player can brew during a Face Off (after all, there may only be small 1 & 2 pint beers left on the board.)

I hope this helps, let me know if you still have questions.
Cheers!
-Nick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
nhelmholdt wrote:
1) I would play the seasons in the natural order, but it might be fun to shuffle them!

2) The "Taproom" "Disro. License" and "Bottling Line" cards are stackable -i.e. the bonuses build up. Players get higher bonuses for having more of these cards. It sounds like you were playing correctly.

3) During the Challenge Round, the season gets changed at the normal point in the play, i.e. the season would have changed after your turn even though you crossed the Victory Pint Threshold and you would get your normal seasonal bonuses.

4) This is a good question, and an area of the game that needs a bit of refinement, but here's my design intent. The play in the Face Off should proceed as normal. If the initiator of the Challenge Round is still in the game, then he or she starts the face off and play proceeds in the same order minus any eliminated players.

5) Your understanding is correct, there is no limit on the number of recipes that a player can brew during a Face Off (after all, there may only be small 1 & 2 pint beers left on the board.)

I hope this helps, let me know if you still have questions.
Cheers!
-Nick

Thank you for the clarification, that helps a ton.

Also good to know I won fair and square, lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.