Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
Trace 5 for Bernice Mai on a 0 cost card? That could be handy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Edwards
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's only a matter of time before someone asks if you can advance a card twice in one click.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Robotron5673 wrote:
It's only a matter of time before someone asks if you can advance a card twice in one click.

As long as that click is used to play Trick of Light, sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murph
msg tools
Can anyone post a screenshot looks like the site is down

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
"... both of the new sysops ..."

And Jinteki started with Akitaro. So HB is the only corp that doesn't get a sysop? Interesting. Guess they have bioroids to do that for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Lupo
Italy
Lecce
Puglia
flag msg tools
mb
madmurph wrote:

LOL we crashed it!

Was it a complete spoiler?

JazzFish wrote:
So HB is the only corp that doesn't get a sysop?

Ash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murph
msg tools
host screenshots!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Norris

Austin
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope it was a one card spoiler

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolf88 wrote:
madmurph wrote:

LOL we crashed it!

Was it a complete spoiler?

JazzFish wrote:
So HB is the only corp that doesn't get a sysop?

Ash.

No, really only the two new sysops Bernice and Simone it looked like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
copy and paste:

Quote:
A comprehensive benefits package, great pay, good coffee, and a key role in developing the strongest and most complex security systems in the world? Yeah, I love my job.”
–Simone Diego, a Weyland Consortium sysop

The monolithic megacorporations of Android: Netrunner are vast and powerful business conglomerations, broken into myriad divisions and departments, managed by investors and run by committees, under the direction of their boards of directors. Still, even such faceless corporations are built upon the collective labors of their workforces. No corporation can function without the contributions of those individual bioroids, clones, and people it employs, and in Humanity’s Shadow, players are given the chance to acquaint themselves with two of NBN’s and the Weyland Consortium’s best and brightest sysops.

Easier Said Than Done

Sysops in the world of Android: Netrunner are expected not only to manage their servers but to protect them from the criminal efforts of the world’s most talented runners. The larger the corporation for which the sysop works, the greater the stakes involved, and the sysops who work for the game’s megacorporations can count themselves among the most talented and marketable in the world. As a rule, they tend to distinguish themselves by the extra effort they invest in their work, and this means that in the game their abilities are generally active.

In fact, both of the new sysops in Humanity’s Shadow spend long hours at their jobs to ensure their performances go far above and beyond basic maintenance and provide Corp players with customizable new defenses for key servers. But should the intensity of their labors come as any surprise? If Android: Netrunner has taught Corp players anything, it’s that no server is ever entirely safe.

Of course, even if it’s impossible to provide any server with absolute security, it’s still the sysop’s job to confront the vulnerability of her server’s data, and the Weyland Consortium’s Simone Diego (Humanity’s Shadow, 99) comes prepared to do just that. More than any other faction, the Weyland Consortium believes that if its layers of ice are actually worth installing, then when a runner threatens to crack them, they’re worth upgrading, rather than overwriting and trashing them.

Accordingly, the Weyland Consortium has given Simone Diego two renewable credits, and she can use them to advance any card in her server, whether agendas or the various layers of ice that Weyland has designed that can be advanced. Simone’s services aren’t cheap, but the Weyland Consortium sees its investment in her services as an investment in their long-term future. If they’re right, then Simone comes to the corporation as a fantastic bargain, one who can greatly promote the security of a single server’s data and use that server to advance the company’s most important agendas.

On the other hand, while she has also been tasked with the security of her company’s data, NBN’s Bernice Mai (Humanity’s Shadow, 97) is more likely to concede a few battles, here and there, to win the larger war. To that end, she has adapted her server’s defenses to better fit with NBN’s general philosophies – it is better to worry about curing the company of its runner problems than to fight an unending series of digital battles to stop their runs.

Tracing and tagging are at the heart of NBN’s defense protocols, and Bernice Mai excels at both. Any runner who hacks past her server’s ice then risks being tagged and subjected to NBN’s myriad methods of retaliation, such as Closed Accounts (Core Set, 84), Scorched Earth (Core Set, 99), or even subtler forms like Pyschographics (Core Set, 85). While it’s true that the Runner can try to evade the trace, Bernice Mai provides the trace a base strength of “5,” so any Runner who hasn’t invested heavily in link will be looking at investing spontaneously in a very expensive trace attempt or taking a tag and all the potential damages that implies.

Talent Makes the Difference

Android: Netrunner is filled with bleeding edge hardware and programs. Its monolithic megacorporations push forward on multiple agendas simultaneously, employing small fortunes worth of defensive ice to keep out would-be hackers. Meanwhile, those hackers don’t work alone; nearly all runners rely upon outside resources to fund their runs and to gain access to the newest and most powerful icebreakers.

Still, even when it seems the game’s cyberstruggles are faceless contests between vast corporate entities and the digital fingerprints of rigs full of icebreakers, it’s important to remember that talented individuals can make a difference. This may be easiest to recognize among the Runners, who each approach the game differently, but Humanity’s Shadow will soon give you the chance to play with Bernice Mai, Simone Diego, and other unique personalities whose talents will make their mark.

Pics:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Brooks
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mb
JazzFish wrote:
"... both of the new sysops ..."

And Jinteki started with Akitaro. So HB is the only corp that doesn't get a sysop? Interesting. Guess they have bioroids to do that for them.

Yeah I think he is their "sysop"

Maybe they'll get a "real one" but it does feel that he might be it for this cycle. Only time will tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Perry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
it's funny how 3 words on one card make this preview a whole new ballgame. before i was like 4 cards for 2 renewable credits? ehhhhhhhh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No new cards unfortunately cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
P.S. Can't believe they didn't preview Andromeda already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoilers of cards you already know are so disappointing!
At least we know that Simone can advance both ice and non ice.

I think we'll get an HB sysop too (Ash doesnt say sysop). And maybe a second Jinteki one. The preview did mention that it was about "these and more characters" you could play in corp. Maybe we'll see asset characters as well, like Director Haas is going to be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Perry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
BoShek wrote:

Yeah I think he is their "sysop"

Maybe they'll get a "real one" but it does feel that he might be it for this cycle. Only time will tell.

ASH also costs 3 to trash, just like all the other sysops. He might not be a card type sysop, but he's HB's sysop equivalent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Lupo
Italy
Lecce
Puglia
flag msg tools
mb
experimilk wrote:
it's funny how 3 words on one card make this preview a whole new ballgame. before i was like 4 cards for 2 renewable credits? ehhhhhhhh.

Yeah, being able to use those credits for both ICE, Agendas and traps is really really fantastic. I can see him being run in some decks.

And Berenice Mai might just replace SEA source in Tag&Bag and enable a new Tagstorm archetipe in NBN.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lech Karol Pawłaszek
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Um. Do I understand Diego Simone correctly? I need to pay a click to use her credits, right?

Is she combo-able with Matrix Analyzer?

I wish I could use her as a paid ability... Like rez during a run and advance twice an Ice....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Bernice is cute and scary!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lothar Neu
Germany
Sarstedt
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ikex wrote:

Nope
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Advancing is still a click.

I don't believe Diego will be allowed to pair with Matrix Analyzer which is a paid ability that allows you to advance. This is different than the actual effect of 'advancing', this was declared previously in another thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Lupo
Italy
Lecce
Puglia
flag msg tools
mb
ikex wrote:
Um. Do I understand Diego Simone correctly? I need to pay a click to use her credits, right?

I wish I could use her as a paid ability... Like rez during a run and advance twice an Ice....

Yes she only gives you credits, not clicks, that would be a tad too strong for just 4 credits. And no combo with Matrix, sorry.

But she costs 3 to trash, so if you rez her, use the 2 credits and she gets trashed, you broke even. Every turn past the first is a net gain.

(I am considering a credit less for the runner the same as a credit more for the corp in this case)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lothar Neu
Germany
Sarstedt
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think Bernice is really really good in either central or remote servers.

I mean she is just pure credit gain if the runner has to handle her and trace 5 is super solid.

Think about Data Raven -> Tada Bernice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.