Subject: Workshop and Posted Bounty rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sechzger
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
my opponent scores a Posted bounty and forfeits it.
Can i then respond aand remove Counters from Workshop cards?
Or does he have priority again and can play Closed Accounts?

When is the last time i could remove counters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not positive, but I believe that in general the active player always had priority in case of people wanting to do things at the same time. There's no "responding" to things in this game, except for prevention effects.

So I believe you're SOL; you'd have to do this before your opponent scores the agenda.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both players have the opportunity to use paid abilities between Actions.

So in this example, the Corp scores Posted Bounty. The Runner has the opportunity to use paid abilities, like the one on PW, before the Corp can take an Action (Actions require clicks - playing Closed Accounts is an Action).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fiend Fellow
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
manydills wrote:
Both players have the opportunity to use paid abilities between Actions.

So in this example, the Corp scores Posted Bounty. The Runner has the opportunity to use paid abilities, like the one on PW, before the Corp can take an Action (Actions require clicks - playing Closed Accounts is an Action).

Ahh but scoring Posted Bounty isn't an action, the only "action" that is taking a click with Posted Bounty is advancing it once. Rezzing it doesn't cost a click, and I believe that a runner can only use paid abilities after the use of a click. Posted Bounty -> Forfeit it -> Closed Account is all one click. Therefore, the runner can only use any paid abilities after Closed Accounts takes away all their credits.

This would a good use of Closed Accounts in Weyland, I hadn't actually thought of this combo. I'll have to make sure to include it in my next Weyland deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Goldfarb Styrt
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I understand the timing windows, after each click there is a period for using paid abilities and scoring agendas, and within that period, priority alternates between the player whose turn it is and the player whose turn it is not. So scoring Posted Bounty and using its ability would go in the Corp's window of opportunity, but be followed by a Runner window of opportunity before the Corp can play a card or otherwise use a click. However, if the Corp had a paid ability that does not require clicks that was based on the runner having a tag, that could go before the Runner can respond.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an opportunity to do paid-abilities/scoring/rezzing before and after each Action.

The corp can therefore score posted bounty and forfeit to add a tag. Now the corp can use another paid ability, or pass to the runner. The runner then gets a chance to use a paid ability, such as workshop. Then it is the corps turn to use paid abilities again, or pass and move onto the action stage and use an action to trash a resource, or use closed accounts.

The corp cannot however, use closed accounts after scoring posted bounty without giving a chance to the runner to use paid abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teky Teky
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Kandiru wrote:
There is an opportunity to do paid-abilities/scoring/rezzing before and after each Action.

The corp can therefore score posted bounty and forfeit to add a tag. Now the corp can use another paid ability, or pass to the runner. The runner then gets a chance to use a paid ability, such as workshop. Then it is the corps turn to use paid abilities again, or pass and move onto the action stage and use an action to trash a resource, or use closed accounts.

The corp cannot however, use closed accounts after scoring posted bounty without giving a chance to the runner to use paid abilities.

What happens if the agenda is already advanced from, lets say, the previous turn, and this turn the corp only scores it... he's not using an "Action" since is not spending clicks, right? or beginning a turn is considered an action per se?

I'm getting really confused

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scoring isn't an action, but its used in the paid-ability window in-between actions. Once the corp is done using paid abilities, the runner is allowed to use theirs BEFORE the corp can use their next action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teky Teky
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Kandiru wrote:
Scoring isn't an action, but its used in the paid-ability window in-between actions. Once the corp is done using paid abilities, the runner is allowed to use theirs BEFORE the corp can use their next action.

So the corp Scores--> Forfeit--> Declare to has no further paid abilities, and then runner uses his paid ability?

So the corp uses ALL the paid abilities first and then the runner or they go one on each side?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Perry
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
until they give the corp a paid ability to trash cards there's nothing you can do to avoid the runner unloading his workshop before you trash it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
teky wrote:
Kandiru wrote:

So the corp Scores--> Forfeit--> Declare to has no further paid abilities, and then runner uses his paid ability?

This is correct, Teky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fiendofthenorth wrote:
Ahh but scoring Posted Bounty isn't an action, the only "action" that is taking a click with Posted Bounty is advancing it once. Rezzing it doesn't cost a click, and I believe that a runner can only use paid abilities after the use of a click. Posted Bounty -> Forfeit it -> Closed Account is all one click.

No it isn't. Posted Bounty -> Forfeit isn't part of a click at all. It takes place in the paid ability window before the next click. The Runner gets to use paid abilities in that window, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teky Teky
Argentina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
manydills wrote:
teky wrote:
Kandiru wrote:

This is correct, Teky.

This makes everything clear

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kandiru is correct.

There is an opportunity for the Runner to respond with paid abilities during any of the Corps scoring windows.

This window is typically the only time a Runner can pull off of Personal Workshop using credits. Since both closed accounts and trashing personal workshop will have no window of availability to remove it.

Corps: Scores and Forfeits Posted Bounty in the same window.
Runner: Declares paid abilities. (Namely pulling off PW).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fiend Fellow
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
manydills wrote:
Fiendofthenorth wrote:
Ahh but scoring Posted Bounty isn't an action, the only "action" that is taking a click with Posted Bounty is advancing it once. Rezzing it doesn't cost a click, and I believe that a runner can only use paid abilities after the use of a click. Posted Bounty -> Forfeit it -> Closed Account is all one click.

No it isn't. Posted Bounty -> Forfeit isn't part of a click at all. It takes place in the paid ability window before the next click. The Runner gets to use paid abilities in that window, too.

Too true, I didn't realize that scoring is in the paid ability window. The runner will be too late to stop Closed Accounts when the corp plays it, but he will have time to clear Personal Workshop if he so chooses (which he probably would after seeing Weyland throw away an Agenda to land a tag).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tunguska's CPA
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I score and forfeit Posted Bounty, ask the runner "Yo, you want to use any paid abilties?", the runner says "nah, bro. I'm good" and then I click and play Closed Accounts - the runner has no recourse?

If I am correct, this is because you would resolve 2.1 (paid abilities, rez non-ICE, score agendas), then 2.2 (action) before going to "after each action".

In a situation like Neural EMP or PSF, "after each action" is in response to 2.2 (Corp did damage, runner prevents with paid ability). But using Personal Workshop isn't in response to the resource being trashed, right?

I'm not sure if I'm saying this right but stuff like plascrete carapace, net shield, etc are paid abilities useable when certain events happen/conditions occur. But trashing personal workshop, or playing closed accounts would be resolved before the Runner's paid abilities could be used. If you get tagged and don't immediately pay off personal workshop, your only recourse would be a card that was "trash: prevent a resource from being trashed".

Or am I (as usual) completely batty?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Moore
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cervantes3773 wrote:
So if I score and forfeit Posted Bounty, ask the runner "Yo, you want to use any paid abilties?", the runner says "nah, bro. I'm good" and then I click and play Closed Accounts - the runner has no recourse?

If I am correct, this is because you would resolve 2.1 (paid abilities, rez non-ICE, score agendas), then 2.2 (action) before going to "after each action".

In a situation like Neural EMP or PSF, "after each action" is in response to 2.2 (Corp did damage, runner prevents with paid ability). But using Personal Workshop isn't in response to the resource being trashed, right?

I'm not sure if I'm saying this right but stuff like plascrete carapace, net shield, etc are paid abilities useable when certain events happen/conditions occur. But trashing personal workshop, or playing closed accounts would be resolved before the Runner's paid abilities could be used. If you get tagged and don't immediately pay off personal workshop, your only recourse would be a card that was "trash: prevent a resource from being trashed".

Or am I (as usual) completely batty?

You are correct. If the effect that applies a tag resolves, you ask the runner if they want to use any paid abilities, and they say no...there's absolutely nothing (currently) in the game that prevents a resource from being trashed. The runner's opportunity to pay to remove cards from personal workshop is over. It's too late. They can play all the paid abilities they want, after personal workshop is trashed, but it won't be paying credits to remove counters from cards on the personal workshop that is now destroyed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tunguska's CPA
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Niil945 wrote:
[...]
You are correct. If the effect that applies a tag resolves, you ask the runner if they want to use any paid abilities, and they say no...there's absolutely nothing (currently) in the game that prevents a resource from being trashed. The runner's opportunity to pay to remove cards from personal workshop is over. It's too late. They can play all the paid abilities they want, after personal workshop is trashed, but it won't be paying credits to remove counters from cards on the personal workshop that is now destroyed.

Thanks! I'm usually a little loose with my rules (most games can tolerate a bit of fudging), but I've been trying to tighten up with Netrunner these days. I don't want to the lonely boy in the corner at regionals who doesn't know the rules well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ony Moose
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Netrunner doesn't have anything you can do "in response" which happens before the thing you were responding to like magic does. In netrunner the player who's turn it is can play as many non-click abilities as they want, then the other play can play some afterwards if they want to. Then if any were used, the player who's turn it is has another chance to use paid abilities, etc.

The only exceptions are Prevent/Avoid effects which simply negate something from happening and can be used (and only used) when the thing they prevent is about to happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C
United States
Troy
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cervantes3773 wrote:

As has been mentioned, there's no "in response." The reason you're getting hung up here on Plascrete and Net Shield (and Deus X, for that matter), is because they're "prevent" abilities -- the one exception to the normal paid ability timing.

Personal Workshop doesn't have any prevent abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.