Subject: Square VP for controlling temples are one-side token? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Kan
Taiwan
Tainan City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just received my copy of Kemet(Chinese version) today.
I saw all the tiles and VP tokens are two sides.
But the square VP for controlling temples are one side token, the other side is empty, is that right?

I like to know the English version's tokens are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Hughes
United States
West Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine were one-sided as well. Thought it was strange, but doesn't really bother me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I own the English edition (that is, the international edition sold in the U.S.) and mine are one-sided, too (it does bother me a bit). I have read that the publisher had simply forgotten to include those tokens (copies sold in Essen came without them) and they were added later. Their printing was probably rushed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Keller
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also since those were the only tokens on that punchboard, they probably saved a little money only printing one side rather than both for such a small sheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud MATAGOT
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Actually first edition was misprinted and victory points for battle which should have been double sided with those for controlling two temples were printed with battle VP on both sides. As we identified the issue in Essen, it was both too late to do it exactly right and early enough to fix it, we got extra ones printed and added to the box. That is why they are single side printed...

I hope this helps,
Arnaud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game group and fell in love with it (not literally, of course)! It was a very well-crafted and thought out game. And the theme and accompanying design is simply gorgeous -- My wife & I are huge fans of board games and design and so instead of books on our living room bookshelves, we proudly display board games. I knew right away that I would have to have this game and so I bought it and now it prominently sits on the shelf, ready to be played with the right group.

However, I did notice a few oddities:
1. The player boards seem to indicate a specific color for the different army unit types. The color of my army units do not seem to match this. Is there a reason why this is? Do I have a defective copy?

2. I was confused when I opened my new game and noticed that some of the permanent victory point tokens are 1-sided. I read here that this was a mistake and they are supposed to be double-sided. I was wondering if Matagot would be able to send me the correct tokens to replace these mistakenly printed ones.

Thanks, and keep up the great work! I am eagerly awaiting the release of the expansion!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
randyd42 wrote:

1. The player boards seem to indicate a specific color for the different army unit types. The color of my army units do not seem to match this. Is there a reason why this is? Do I have a defective copy?

Each color has a different kind of units. Now the specific look of the units may vary from one box to the other.

randyd42 wrote:

I read here that this was a mistake and they are supposed to be double-sided.

No, the mistake was that these tokens were originally missing. These tokens are one-sided in every box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I see no indication of color on the player boards. The miniature models, however, match the gods. The guys at Matagot like to produce each model in different colors, so that the colors of specific sets vary, and thus the player boards can't have color information. This is a bit annoying, especially because the games often come with wrong models mixed in the sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy D

Wyoming
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I understand there are different sets of figures for the players which pertain to their Egyptian deity. For example, there is the blue alligator-man hybrid (Sobek), the green serpent-woman hybrid (Ouadajet), the red eagle-man hybrid (Horus), ... I was just explaining that the coloring of the corresponding figures does not match the coloring of their deity in the copy of the game I purchased, and it sure would be nice & convenient if they did. For example, here is how the beginning of the last few games have gone. Player 1 likes the look of the serpent lady on the board and decides to go with Oudajet and therefore grabs all the green figurines -- I then stop player 1 and say that the black colored figurines go with that green board and he looks at me confused. Player 2 decides he wants to play as yellow and so grabs those figurines but then I hand him the blue Sobek card because those figures, not the blue-colore ones, goes with it and he looks at me confused. The mixed-up coloring of the figurines gets confusing since they do not match their corresponding boards. A friend of mine has the game too and his figurines are differently colored from my own so this process is repeated again with different color combinations. I wasn't sure why this was as it seemed to be a mistake. I figured to ask Matagot if they could send me the correctly colored figures would be asking too much, so I simply left this first point as an observation that hopefully Matagot might be able to respond. If anyone else has more information about this, I would be happy to hear it.

As for the square VP tokens with the white on the backside, I had noticed in my friend's game that all the square VP tokens in his copy have double-sided printing. I was going to count how many of mine have no printing on the backside to get an accurate count, but this difference led me to believe that perhaps I had a faulty copy. I read Matagot's response in this thread and saw they explained a misprint, but I had misunderstood prior to my comment. They are not saying this single-side printing was a misprint, rather, they were added to compensate for a different misprint. Is this a correct understanding?

Lastly, I wanted to let Matagot know how much I appreciate such a well-designed and produced game. I really enjoy Kemet! I hope they in no way take my comments as anything negative. Would I like to have matching colored pieces? Sure. Was I concerned that perhaps my copy of the game had some misprints/faults? Sure. Is it worth me giving off the wrong impression and annoying or frustrating a well-meaning company that shares the same passion for board games that I do? Nope. Would I rather support & encourage them to keep cranking out great games, offering helpful suggestions where I can? Yup. Far too often I see these message boards degraded by the self-serving obsession of some who take things waaay too seriously and deride and berate game developers for something they perceive as an affront to their rights because of some perceived disparity and they then demand something for nothing from them while at the same time offering nothing but insults. My hope is that Matagot knows that they are appreciated, that their games are thoroughly enjoyed, and that they continue to do very well in their line of work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My point is that the player boards don't have colors associated to them, at least not intentionally or in any obvious way. For example, you said that Horus is red, but Anubis looks more reddish to me. I agree, though, that it would be better if all copies were equal, the units of each god had a specific color that made sense, and the color associations were made obvious (by a colored border or background).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.