Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On Map 46 there is a railway tunnel and the corresponding scenario in CC:Resistance (sorry -- can't remember the number) says to treat it as a building.

Can you also be on top of it? If you're "in" the entrance, how do you go the the hill above it? Or is that even possible? Can a unit adjacent to the entrance but on the level above fire into it? Advance into it?

I'm really not sure how to treat it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy Nowak
United States
Kenosha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mkiefte wrote:
On Map 46 there is a railway tunnel and the corresponding scenario in CC:Resistance (sorry -- can't remember the number) says to treat it as a building.

Can you also be on top of it? If you're "in" the entrance, how do you go the the hill above it? Or is that even possible? Can a unit adjacent to the entrance but on the level above fire into it? Advance into it?

I'm really not sure how to treat it.

The SSR for this scenario should have more detail, but take a look at the three AARs with their accompanying pictures:

The Orient Express

Scenario 67 The Orient Express

Scenario 67 The Orient Express Redux

Yes, you can be on top of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mkiefte wrote:

If I remember correctly, the rule only mentions hexs D7 and F7. Note that both of these are Level 2 Hexes, so one is not "in" the entrance as you are assuming. (Or to state it another way, there aren't two possible positions within each hex.) So, of course, one can move (or advance) normally from either hex to E7 or E8.

The SSR just adds the ability to advance directly from D7 to F7 (or vice versa) and to move directly from D7 to F7 (or vice versa) at a cost of 1 MP. (There is also the LOS ability, but that isn't germane to the movement question being asked.)

Edit - Just after I posted, I thought this might be a different (but clearer way) to explain the above. Consider a squad moving from G7 to F7 (along the railway). The movement cost to do so is 1 MP (for entering a hex along a railway) + 1 MP (for moving uphill). The unit at the end of its movement is now in a Level 2 Building in Hex F7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.