Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lech Karol Pawłaszek
Poland
Szczecin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...now I know.

Because we practically make their servers crawl. Every time there is A:NR new spoiler page, I'm unable to see it after a while. It just stops working!

What's interesting - nothing like this happens when there are new spoilers of StarWars, LoTR or WH:I, which I read as well.

are there that many of us? Or you also (like me) try to guess other URLs which might contain other information about Netrunner every time there is new post?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ikex wrote:
...now I know.

Because we practically make their servers crawl. Every time there is A:NR new spoiler page, I'm unable to see it after a while. It just stops working!

What's interesting - nothing like this happens when there are new spoilers of StarWars, LoTR or WH:I, which I read as well.

are there that many of us? Or you also (like me) try to guess other URLs which might contain other information about Netrunner every time there is new post?

In the early days, there was a whole lot of 404'ing going on trying to pull card images.\

I think they've cleaned up their processes since then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
Anacortes
Washington
flag msg tools
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone else mentioned this in another thread, but they should just send out press releases to various sites (BGG of course, and whoever else) with the info and let the information distribute that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want access to here:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/android-netrun...

and here:

Where they keep the images for the cards in the articles at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Scientist Philip von Doomula
United States
Orono
ME
flag msg tools
"I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
badge
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are wooden cubes from boardgaming. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaric wrote:

and here:

Not much of a Runner if you can't access servers. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Clark Jr
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a reason why I play Corp more...

That and I'm lazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Brooks
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mb
They don't necessarily have all the cards at those locations. Just the ones that will be in articles, still, there might be one or two that were perhaps uploaded but weren't actually put into the article or are ready for future articles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoShek wrote:
They don't necessarily have all the cards at those locations. Just the ones that will be in articles, still, there might be one or two that were perhaps uploaded but weren't actually put into the article or are ready for future articles.

As said, they plugged that hole after some of the GenCon Spoilers we pulled.

If you look closely in the MICEB2B.CAT, the Heimdall isn't the one that got published, for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Keys
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Interrupt.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoShek wrote:

Mmhmm, this was the case with Server Diagnostics and two other card fans for Creation and Control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quarashi wrote:
Jaric wrote:

and here:

Not much of a Runner if you can't access servers. whistle

I need an inside job. ... well I need any job at this point. hehe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Osborn
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just think its slow because there website is awful. The only reason I started using these forums is because Ffgs forums are so awful and slow. And it's not when spoilers go out. It's all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tunguska's CPA
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HaasBioroid wrote:
I just think its slow because there website is awful. The only reason I started using these forums is because Ffgs forums are so awful and slow. And it's not when spoilers go out. It's all the time.

Right on - FFGs forums are among the worst I've used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
cervantes3773 wrote:
FFGs forums are among the worst I've used.

They're the only forums I tell people to leave when replying to their first post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoShek wrote:

Actually, I was killing time earlier this month and I started trying to find extra cards that haven't been explicitly linked in their news stories and I found 2 or 3 cards. So I can confirm that what you said is correct.

IIRC, I found Heimdall 1.0, Private Security Force and one other card which I can't remember at the moment.

Edit: I just looked through my files and I think it was Gordian Blade, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I have 82 "official" (ie. from FFG, directly) images from just the Core Set, so hopefully they'll eventually release them all.

Also, I haven't had time to systematically check for all of the Genesis cards released to date, but I have 34 "official" cards thus far.

Finally, I have 10 "official" cards for Creation and Control.

These numbers don't count cards shown in fans but not released separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kingjames01 wrote:
BoShek wrote:

Actually, I was killing time earlier this month and I started trying to find extra cards that haven't been explicitly linked in their news stories and I found 2 or 3 cards. So I can confirm that what you said is correct.

IIRC, I found Heimdall 1.0, Private Security Force and one other card which I can't remember at the moment.

Edit: I just looked through my files and I think it was Gordian Blade, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I have 82 "official" (ie. from FFG, directly) images from just the Core Set, so hopefully they'll eventually release them all.

Also, I haven't had time to systematically check for all of the Genesis cards released to date, but I have 34 "official" cards thus far.

Well actually, I found most of the core cards from the set by googling, when I was making those template images. So I'd wager that they're actually all there.

Whether the unspoiled stuff are there yet or not... Well, hard to say

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James W
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
kingjames01 wrote:
BoShek wrote:

Well actually, I found most of the core cards from the set by googling, when I was making those template images. So I'd wager that they're actually all there.

Whether the unspoiled stuff are there yet or not... Well, hard to say

If they are, then they are stored using filenames that do not correspond to the standard naming procedure. They've used the standard naming procedure since before the GenCon release which is how I was mining their site before the official release.

You weren't yet active on the A:NR forums (as much as now), so you may not remember the posts where we were summarizing our findings. Anyway, the point is that, I am fairly confident that 1 of 2 scenarios are true:

Either I have all of the Core Set image files that have been scanned and stored or whatever I am missing has been named using a different format. Since over 80 cards out of 113 have all followed the same format, I do not believe that they would purposely or accidentally misname the image files.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.