Christopher Bartlett
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few quick thoughts:

Use Battle Value rather than tonnage, or make it lance on lance and let players decide the value of speed over Braun. I suspect speed would be selected in the scenario you describe.

Mechs tend to live a long time with the 3025 rules set, so be aware of the fact that the download time MIGHT need to be extended a tiny bit.

Are the teams in three for a reason? I suspect that you will get Kingmaker syndrome from the defender. I would suggest two teams, with both raiders winning if they download, but the actual downloaded of the file wins a little more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yeah, without Star League or Clan tech/pilots, I don't personally see a problem with balancing by tonnage. It worked fine for years until FASA brought the Helm Memory Core and the Clans into the mix. With 3025 era mechs, this isn't a problem. Normally I'd worry about folks picking Lights or Assaults, but with this kind of scenario, which is pretty much a race, you'd be nuts to go with either since Assaults just aren't quick enough to get to the objective before others and Lights would get hammered in the turns they have to stay immobile while downloading. Seems to me a fast Heavy or armored Medium is the way to go, but what do I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.