Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Cornett
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the end of this week's episode of TableTop you can see them playing Star Wars: X-Wing as a short preview for their next episode. The Falcon and Slave-1 are clearly visible as well as an X-Wing and a Tie-Fighter, but I couldn't see any other Wave 2 ships in the clip. At the very end of this week's episode it lists the air date for the X-Wing episode as May 2nd.

It also looks like they're playing some kind of team game since there are 4 people at the table: Wil Wheaton, Seth Green and two other people that I don't recognize.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DeviantZipy wrote:
At the end of this week's episode of TableTop you can see them playing Star Wars: X-Wing as a short preview for their next episode. The Falcon and Slave-1 are clearly visible as well as an X-Wing and a Tie-Fighter, but I couldn't see any other Wave 2 ships in the clip. At the very end of this week's episode it lists the air date for the X-Wing episode as May 2nd.

It also looks like they're playing some kind of team game since there are 4 people at the table: Wil Wheaton, Seth Green and two other people that I don't recognize.

As a gigantic StarWars fanboy, I expect... nay, demand, Seth Green wins.

So... um... if he beats Wheaton does it formally end the, "Which is better? Star Wars or Star Trek" age old debate?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Newtruthneomaxim wrote:
DeviantZipy wrote:

As a gigantic StarWars fanboy, I expect... nay, demand, Seth Green wins.

So... um... if he beats Wheaton does it formally end the, "Which is better? Star Wars or Star Trek" age old debate?

It would only show that Star Wars wins on home soil. Follow that with Wes Wil beating Seth at Star Trek: Fleet Captains and you've proven exactly nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Fraasch
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Selfish thought: I hope the Tabletop Bump doesn't happen so I have an easier time acquiring the new ships when they come out (TIE Interceptor... how you elude me...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frostyfrog wrote:
Selfish thought: I hope the Tabletop Bump doesn't happen so I have an easier time acquiring the new ships when they come out (TIE Interceptor... how you elude me...)

I wonder if there will be a bump in attendance at FFG's Star Wars Game Experience Weekend event.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Dawson
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here, move along
badge
Need to put something witty here
mbmbmbmbmb
If people really are struggling to get this game now!

It will be rarer than hens teeth, after Tabletop shows.

You would think FFG have a big restock ready to drop before then. I would certainly hope so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ducer wrote:
If people really are struggling to get this game now!

It will be rarer than hens teeth, after Tabletop shows.

You would think FFG have a big restock ready to drop before then. I would certainly hope so.

Wave 2 is re-stocked and seems to be better stocked than when it was first released. Core set restock is shipping now, and wave 1 expansions are on the schedule to ship in May. I think they will be ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udo W
Germany
flag msg tools
I wonder if they will get the rules right. I think Wil's guests are often too much celebrity and too little of a gamer for my taste.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Luchetti
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
so ... X-wing never aired on Wil's show. been 2 episodes now ... what's up with that?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
telos81 wrote:
so ... X-wing never aired on Wil's show. been 2 episodes now ... what's up with that?!

He said it would air later in the season, and that it would feature a cool surprise (or words to that effect) as a result of the delay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Balzak P
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
Has anyone found a date for the new show? Really super excited to see this. Absolutely love Table Top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah is it may 2nd yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cygnus 2112
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope this airs soon.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Pounsett
Australia
Mount Gambier
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife, son and I will LOVE it when it is aired My assumption is due to how well sales go with games that are aired on Tabletop, they may be delaying it till Wave 3 comes out (maybe getting early copy from FFG) so it boosts their sales through the roof.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jayven wrote:
My assumption is due to how well sales go with games that are aired on Tabletop, they may be delaying it till Wave 3 comes out (maybe getting early copy from FFG) so it boosts their sales through the roof.

Oh, that's a good guess.

I'm secretly hoping the delay is due to scheduling with some very important guest like Mark Hamill or somebody like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
Jayven wrote:
My assumption is due to how well sales go with games that are aired on Tabletop, they may be delaying it till Wave 3 comes out (maybe getting early copy from FFG) so it boosts their sales through the roof.

Oh, that's a good guess.

I'm secretly hoping the delay is due to scheduling with some very important guest like Mark Hamill or somebody like that.

They've already filmed the episode. There's promo a while back that show Wil playing with guest, Seth Green is the only one I can remember.

It's not to say maybe they wouldn't filmed extra footage...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Pounsett
Australia
Mount Gambier
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
Jayven wrote:

Oh, that's a good guess.

Oo, just imagine that: Mark Hamill controlling X-Wing w/ Luke + R2D2 and Harrison Ford playing the Falcon + Han + Chewie vs Will & Seth Green >.>

I know, I know, that is a fanboy's dream right there Well, I lie.. a dream would be Luke/Han on one side and Vader on the other..

eunoia wrote:
DarthEd wrote:
Oh, that's a good guess.

They've already filmed the episode. There's promo a while back that show Wil playing with guest, Seth Green is the only one I can remember.

It's not to say maybe they wouldn't filmed extra footage...

That was what I was beginning to gather after I checked the FFG's thread (not active since May) but the comments there definitely felt the same way with FFG telling Tabletop to pause the episode from airing to allow for stock to rolling in as well as Wave 3 perhaps as an early release for the Tabletop crew for easy publicity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jayven wrote:

That was what I was beginning to gather after I checked the FFG's thread (not active since May) but the comments there definitely felt the same way with FFG telling Tabletop to pause the episode from airing to allow for stock to rolling in as well as Wave 3 perhaps as an early release for the Tabletop crew for easy publicity.

You guys all know that they tape the episodes WELL in advance. I believe I remember hearing that they they had recorded all of season 1 before they started showing any of them. This means that they have already recorded the X-Wing episode. So unless FFG is paying them to record a new one using Wave three ships, my guess is that FFG is just asking them to delay a little until the new stock arrives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.