Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Lobo
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi guys, I've just bought a copy of Empires of the Void but I'm a little worried about which rules do I go. I know the designer recommends the Key of the Universe as the way to start playing ths game, but I've read so many threads here and looks like many of you guys play with the Revised 1st Edition Rules, with maybe just a few tweaks.

So, is Key of the Universe really the way to go? Or maybe should I start with the Revised 1st edition?

Thanks,
Fred

PS: someone should really make a poll asking which rules are better

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cordz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I were you, I would use the Revised 1st Edition rules as the Key to the Universe ruleset that is currently available is still in beta. However, the designer has stated that he is working on an official version of Key to the Universe that will be compatible with the Revised 1st Edition rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Perks
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the Key to the Universe Beta rules a few months ago and I want to play with the revised 1st Edition Rules. My question is: Can you use the First Edition Rules with the Technology cards from Key to the Universe, or do you have to use the tokens which have different values, but are cumbersome to use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Scanlan
Australia
Bunbury
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only just spotted your question Bill - you might have already tried it, but I can see no reason why you couldn't do this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.