Subject: Myth Component Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
most of your question have been answered many many times.

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/961994/a-myth-faq-compilatio...

heres a thread to get you started
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These have also been answered, but it may be hard to find the answers.

3. They use the same plastic as Privateer Press (warhammer warmachine) so these will be very high quality miniatures, much better than board-game quality.

4. They are reviewing samples of board material as we speak. Edit: and they have mentioned themselves that they want high-quality boards

5. Hero cards and enemy card are large size (look like standard CCG) and item and quest cards are small size (look like mini Euro to me)

Edit: basically, I don't think you have anything to worry about quality wise, I think MERCS is as big a stickler for quality as you are.
(oops, and I meant warmachine, not warhammer.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kormanik
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. They are working on it, they've said they're experimenting with diferent treatments for the outside, but no word yet on how all the extras will be packaged.
2. I'm pretty sure the d10 are etched, not positive on the fate dice, but then again I can't recall a specific statement.
3. The plastic is the same plastic PP uses.
4. They were testing different thicknesses and treatments, they have made a point of wanting to avoid warping at all costs
5. Quest cards and player cards are standard, equip cards I believe are smaller
6. The minis will not be pre colored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Or head to the FAQ: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/MYTH_FAQ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use superglue with no problems on my Privateer Press minis with no problems. MERCS also mentioned that most will come fully assembled but some larger bosses may require some assembly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
breegull wrote:
3. They use the same plastic as Privateer Press (warhammer) so these will be very high quality miniatures, much better than board-game quality

Games Workshop make Warhammer not Privateer Press They make Warmachine and Hordes.

Regarding the glue that you need to put them together you will need superglue if they are using the exact same plastic (which they have suggested they are). Not really sure why you think they break easier though. My SDE miniatures are held together just as solidly with superglue as my GW plastics are with poly cement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
Games Workshop make Warhammer not Privateer Press They make Warmachine and Hordes.

Yeah, sorry about that, I had noticed my mistake and was making my correction just as you were posting this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They mentioned this type of plastic should have no flash to trim...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
breegull wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:

Yeah, sorry about that, I had noticed my mistake and was making my correction just as you were posting this!

Titeman wrote:

Really?! Where did you see that? I don't think it's even possible to cast miniatures completely without mould lines is it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Titeman wrote:

Really?! Where did you see that? I don't think it's even possible to cast miniatures completely without mould lines is it?

Brian Shotton did say this. Maybe he meant "greatly reduced to the point of insignificance"...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be great! I absolutely detest mould lines, it is most hated part of my toy soldier addiction ever! I am pretty sure that there's won't be zero mould lines but if there are very little I will be a very happy chappy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark guckeyson
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/MYTH_FAQ#toc4

All nicely cited and everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Large plastic edges and mould lines are different so I wouldn't assume that there are no mould lines. However, if they are using the same hobby level plastic as PP and GW then it is going to be very easy to clean off because it can just be scraped off unlike the soft plastic used in Zombicide or Dreadball which has to be sliced off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.