Popular Tags: [View All]
Hannes
Germany
Nähe Stuttgarts
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there..

first of all: sorry for my english, it is not my mother tongue..

I've got 2 questions, that occured during my first match today:

First one:

I know that you can't stack the effects of AoE abilities like Iron Halo e.g.

"If a model is affected by two area of effect abilities simultaneously, the effects are considered cumulative as long as the abilities are different--even if their effects are the same

Example: A Model within the area of effect of two Ironscale's Shieldwall auras would only gain the effect of one of them."

I get that, but what about none AoE special abilities? We had this situation:

Princess Ruby from CoR wanted to give the Paladin a very special treatment and tried to cast "Maiden's Favor" (+1B ATT) 3 times (cause she has 3 action points left) on him. This is NOT a AoE special ability, so would the Paladin get +3B ATT? Or can she cast it one time on the Paladin, then on the Barbarian and a third time on herself? Question is: can I use a special ability more than one time and if so, also on the exact same model?

Second question:

A simple one...can I move through enemy models? not ending my turn there, just move through them or do enemy models block my movement?

Thanks in advance

DocMcJansen

P.s. right now a third question occured: can I respawn a mini-boss? I mean when we are at 16-Bit and the heroes manage to kill Rex, can I just respawn him again next round or is he gone for good?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B.
United States
Cherry
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can not move through enemy models unless moved by a special ability such as push, pull, etc.

And you can not stack effects. Basically if the effect doesn't expire immediately after use, it has no effect on the target a 2nd time. In your example you could not stack her ability as it is a lasting effect.

Effects that expire immediately are the paladins potion, teleports, and other things that have no lasting effects after use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can respawn Rex too and once you are in overdrive then you can have two in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannes
Germany
Nähe Stuttgarts
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanx Steve, but I still can use the same ability more than once? I mean using the ability for three different models? Like princess ruby spending 3 actions points to give 3 different models +1B ATT?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DocMcJansen wrote:
Thanx Steve, but I still can use the same ability more than once? I mean using the ability for three different models? Like princess ruby spending 3 actions points to give 3 different models +1B ATT?

Yes, you can. You can use her healing kiss or whatever it's called on the same character 3 times as well if you wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannes
Germany
Nähe Stuttgarts
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay thanks for answers guys! then this little princess isn't that useless after all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yeah, she is great! I think she is better suited to games where you have people controlling multiple heroes unless you have somebody that really enjoys playing hero and buff characters. Check out this guide if you want a really good guide to the different heroes. This one is a guide for the Consul player too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Jensen
msg tools
While Rex (or whatever miniboss you have choosen) can be respawned all the times you want, remember the heroes get to draw a treasure card each time they kill him.
If the heroes have no trouble killing him, don't feed them free treasure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannes
Germany
Nähe Stuttgarts
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oha..didn't think about the treasue cards! thanks Jan...stupid little hero buggers are annoying as they are

@ Jonah

already read the threads...they are awesome written! looking forward to see his guide for von Drakk

P.s. if anybody wants to have a round via Vassal, PM me please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hannes
Germany
Nähe Stuttgarts
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh okay..I ordered mine von Drakk directly from the sodapop page and it took "only" 2 1/2 weeks to arrive...cause you can't get it here in Germany either...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Styfen wrote:
DocMcJansen wrote:
already read the threads...they are awesome written! looking forward to see his guide for von Drakk

It's half written, but I got tired of playing with proxy models so it won't be finished until after the sets are released in the UK.

Next week I'll be getting my order in as a birthday present. Looks like no UK release of Succubus Vandella and Herald of Vulcanis though so direct to CMON for those. Fingers crossed for no import tax!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I put a post up here in BGG asking about UK availability and somebody who runs (or works for) a shop replied saying that they thought they were getting some but now it looks like all UK retailers have been told that they won't be getting any now. He (she?) even told me to got direct to CMON and not like people turn business down so must be pretty certain that they are not getting them. I've still not got hold of C & C although I am getting all the RK promos fortunately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.