Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Hedges
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I took Flash Point along to a games club I run in school and have come back missing one damage cube.

Any ideas where I might find a replacement? Failing that, any ideas on where I could replace the whole set, even if it's with something non standard.

I'm non too pleased with the loss, a couple of the kids showed a complete lack of respect for the other children as well as my property. I'm quite close to knocking the whole thing on the head (probably not, just ranting).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bettan
Canada
Cote St Luc
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try contacting Indie Board and Cards (http://www.indieboardsandcards.com/). I'm sure Travis has extras lying around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bowers
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If that doesn't work try here: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should get Dungeon Petz! It comes with Suffering Tokens that look very similar (see below) and is a lot of fun in its own right. It'd be pretty complicated for young children, but for older ones and adults the theme is great and the gameplay is a lot of fun.

Hmmm they may be noticeably lighter is the only problem.

You could also play the same rules as Pandemic; you lose when you need to place a damage token and there are no more left. It's slightly harder to explain but still fairly simple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
Here's a thread about Wooden cubes in the UK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Baker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
faustulus wrote:
If that doesn't work try here: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/

I have to second Mr. Bowers' suggestion of the Game Crafter. For gaming bits, they are nice to deal with.

Wooden Cubes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They seem like non-labeled back D6's to me. I expect you could find them.

BOb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
Technically you don't need the last damage cube. But you must remember you have a non-standard set so you do not lose the game when the last cube goes on the board. You lose the game when you need a cube and don't have one. That makes more sense to me anyway.

But I'm not offering you my 24th cube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hedges
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the ideas.

I'll throw the publisher an email and then go from there.

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart L
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
CaptCastle wrote:
Any ideas where I might find a replacement? Failing that, any ideas on where I could replace the whole set, even if it's with something non standard.
You could get some wood (cut to a square profile), spray paint it, and cut it to size. I'm doing something similar for Power Grid: I've lost one or two of the oil tokens, so I have some dowel in about the right diameter, which I plan on spray painting black then cutting down to size (my father's into woodwork, so the tools are available to me.)

Or just about any cubes will do, as long as they're about the right size; if they're the wrong colour, you can always paint them. Some gaming stores may have something that will suit.

I know how it feels to lose pieces to somebody's lack of respect. Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptCastle wrote:
...I'm quite close to knocking the whole thing on the head...

I can understand your feelings and share them in similar situations. For replacements, anything will do, but the best would probably be to get a complete new set (say 30) cubes if it bothers you that replacements are unlikely to be exact matches of the original ones. And talking about matches, of course you can use those as well. Would be kind of in-theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Textor
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterHendee wrote:
Technically you don't need the last damage cube. But you must remember you have a non-standard set so you do not lose the game when the last cube goes on the board. You lose the game when you need a cube and don't have one. That makes more sense to me anyway.

I have all my cubes and that's how I play anyway. I agree it makes more sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eggrocket wrote:
PeterHendee wrote:

I have all my cubes and that's how I play anyway. I agree it makes more sense.

We play that way too... why is the last cube there if you never need to put it on the board?

BOb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Edward Locke
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardsandbits.com/advanced_search_result.php?sear...

I am not affiliated in any way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hedges
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed Travis as suggested and I'm getting a couple of cubes for the cost of postage. I've been very impressed at the after sales support.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.