David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably not allowed / ignore Hangar Deck text?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would it not be allowed? She draws Piloting; I assumed she would come with a Piloting Token and be allowed to pilot Vipers.

Edit Oh, I guess by the title of the thread when you said "Cylon Athena" you meant when she was in a Cylon location. I didn't even think about the possibilities of activating "Human" locations while she was un-infiltrated....
I'd still say maybe it gives her a loophole to infiltrate. It's only Once Per Game, what would it hurt?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
selwyth wrote:
Probably not allowed / ignore Hangar Deck text?
On one hand, yes b/c:
-there's no rule that cylons were explicitly forbidden to fly vipers... only by design (not being able to activate Hangar Deck no longer) does this remain true.

OTOH, no since:
--it appears the only way to infiltrate is to use the Human Fleet location, as printed on that location.

I honestly don't know who root for. I'm leaning slightly towards YES.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember also that Daybreak should theoretically be able to be played without Pegasus, and has its own Cylon Overlay, and will include its own rule summary on Infiltration.
Perhaps the Infiltration rules have been changed and/or there are more methods of Infiltrating... just like how Exodus slightly tweaked the Execution rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, the designer(s) is not listed, but I'm assuming they're
Corey Konieczka
Tim Uren

Daniel Clark (I) is listed on Peg as a "user"... (whatever that is).

With the former 2, I have thoroughly enjoyed the 1st two exp, but I hope they know the drill by now... hopefully they'll be around at least a couple times a week for the first few months of this set's rules release to answer questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper Hawk
United States
Lebanon
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A.) It's an OPG.
B.) It's only slightly more powerful than simply Infiltrating - it puts her in a Viper, which is only of marginal benefit, and it grants her an Action - in a pinch it would allow her to play an XO after starting her turn in a Cylon Location, or Scout (but if that's the goal, she could just use the Human Fleet). She can't use the Action to activate another Location, so some of the more powerful combos (activate the Airlock and use PP after starting your turn as a Cylon) still don't work.

I really don't see the issue with allowing it. Kinda weird that she teleports to a Viper without setting foot on Galactica, but meh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes sense thematically with her able to do that.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
She died to get her daughter back and came back on a heavy raider(?). Or something similar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hurd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It makes as much sense as activating the Admiral's Quarters while on the basestar. Most cross-ship uses of this ability are going to be odd: Athena hacks into a computer system and makes something happen remotely, even though Galactica is non-networked and hack resistant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hybridfive wrote:
It makes as much sense as activating the Admiral's Quarters while on the basestar. Most cross-ship uses of this ability are going to be odd: Athena hacks into a computer system and makes something happen remotely, even though Galactica is non-networked and hack resistant.
She may be able to influence stuff in other ways anyways... sort of like how Roslin needs to be at a location to use a Repair, even though she has no knowledge on how to repair vipers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
ackmondual wrote:
hybridfive wrote:
She may be able to influence stuff in other ways anyways... sort of like how Roslin needs to be at a location to use a Repair, even though she has no knowledge on how to repair vipers.

Yeah, from a lore perspective I always interpreted that as using her soft influence-- calling in a favor to get somebody to use their shift off to do some extra work or persuading the quorum to have some prison labor assigned to fixing it. Admittedly it doesn't quite track that she has to be in the hangar deck specifically for either one of thos ethings, but it kind of works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allison Macrae
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something I haven't seen anyone ask yet is whether she'll be able to use her OPG to activate the Human Fleet and infiltrate while already on Galactica (for instance, in the Brig). I agree with the notion that as written, and as a OPG, she should be able to, but I don't see that interaction being any weirder than being able to infiltrate straight into a Viper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gathraawn wrote:
Something I haven't seen anyone ask yet is whether she'll be able to use her OPG to activate the Human Fleet and infiltrate while already on Galactica (for instance, in the Brig). I agree with the notion that as written, and as a OPG, she should be able to, but I don't see that interaction being any weirder than being able to infiltrate straight into a Viper.
It was mentioned with the whole "Can Leoben uninfiltrate if there's someone already on Res. Ship? issue that he can do that. I believe it's because doing so isn't technically a "move", so even if he purposely orchestrated it this way, that's still legit.

Here, I do believe this is a "get out of Brig free card", as this is technically NOT a move. She just "goes" to Galactica

If she's using Human Fleet, I believe it's just mostly a silly thing to do... like using BB to put a basestar on the CFB when both are already on there.

Ditto with activating Brig when she's out of the Brig.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.