J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Former Justice of the Peace Eric Williams was charged Thursday with capital murder in what authorities have described as a revenge plot to kill the Kaufman County district attorney, his wife and a top assistant.

Authorities say Williams, 46, gunned down Assistant District Attorney Mark Hasse as he walked to the courthouse on Jan. 31, and killed District Attorney Mike McLelland and his wife, Cynthia, in their home over the Easter weekend.

And an arrest warrant affidavit says he was behind an email sent to the authorities confessing to the slayings and threatening future attacks.
“The death penalty is a viable option here,” said Kaufman County Sheriff David Byrnes, who announced the charges at a news conference. “By and large, there is no more threat today.”

On Wednesday, Williams’ wife, Kim Lene Williams, 46, was charged with one count of capital murder. She is being held in the county jail in lieu of $10 million bail. She has told the authorities that she drove with her husband to the scene in both cases and she shared details about the crimes that have not been publicly released.

“She drove on Mark Hasse,” Byrnes said. “Eric did the shooting. On the McLellands, it appears that she was a passenger in the vehicle and that Eric did the killing.”

They already charged the wife after she confessed, now they have the Republican serial killer husband who actually pulled the trigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
Why does this make him a Republican?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
In Texas, Justice of The Peace is an elected position. He ran as a Republican and was elected to that office, before being ousted for theft.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Yeah, but where's your picture of him with a bumper sticker? Can we really trust "running for an elected position as a member of the party" as evidence?

All your picture shows is that he was pointing at a bumper sticker, how do we know that was his car? Maybe he was making fun of that car.

Quote:
Republican challenger Eric Williams defeated 18-year incumbent Democrat Johnny Perry to win the Precinct 1 Justice of the Peace race in Tuesday’s General Election.

The final vote count was 2,274-1,523 in favor of the challenger.
Williams joined fellow Republican Laura Hughes in victory, as Hughes posted an overwhelming win in her re-election campaign for the Kaufman County Clerk position.

“I want to thank my supporters, especially my wife, and the (county) Republican Party for all their help,” Williams said late Tuesday night after the polls closed.
[LINK]

He just couldn't stop at theft and burglary, he had to move on to serial killing. Damn Republicans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you're going to troll, could you at least *try* be a little clever about it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
I still believe that accusing people in RSP of trolling should carry the death penalty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah, it's just not, you know... very clever or original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure this could have been prevented if we had better background checks for buying guns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
The two men he shot carried guns, but it didn't help them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mellby
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seriously? You think background checks for guns would prevent Republicans from being elected in Texas? You really don't know Texas.

It would go like this:

Election Official: You want to vote, but you don't carry a gun?
Voter: Yep
Election Offical: Ricky! This guy wants to vote, but doesn't have a gun.
Ricky: I got a spare shotgun.
Election Official: Here's your gun and now you can vote ... Republican.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

I'm not an idiot republican, I don't claim there is any value in owning guns for self defense (maybe there is, but it doesn't matter). I'm pro gun ownership for reasons of liberty. I think owning a handgun is a sign of poor decision making skills, but so is believing in a religion. I'm not, however, going to tell anyone that they don't have the right to do either... I'll just occasionally make fun of them for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jmilum wrote:

Yeah. This guy was carrying a gun also, but he still got killed.

I guess Jer-Bear has a point. Carrying a gun doesn't mean you won't get killed by sometime else carrying a gun. Now the senate can vote. Wait, what? They did? Democrats also? It's a trick!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:

I've fired that rifle during foreign weapons training. They wanted us to be able to pick up whatever we find on the ground and use it. I can't remember what it is called but I think it's either Russian or Romanian 7.62mm. Cool.

Not so cool that it's aimed at that other guy's nuts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the way the one soldier there is aiming it surreptitiously at his buddy's crotch. That's gun safety the NRA way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
The oft-forgotten Gun Safety Rule #4: Always assume a crotch contains live nuts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
I like the way the one soldier there is aiming it surreptitiously at his buddy's crotch. That's gun safety the NRA way!

I think the guy holding the gun is a democrat assassin and the guy it's pointed at is a republican.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Seung-Hui Cho who killed 32 people at Virginia Tech was a registered Democrat. James Holmes who killed 12 at the theater in Aurora Colorado was a registered Democrat. Adam Lanza the shooter at Sandy Hook Elementary School was a registered Democrat. Jared Lee Loughner who shot Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords was a Democrat.

Funny how when it's a Republican involved in something the media makes a point of saying that but when it is a Democrat they don't mention it.

It seems to me that Republicans need to be armed to protect themselves against armed mentally ill Democrats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
I've fired that rifle during foreign weapons training. They wanted us to be able to pick up whatever we find on the ground and use it. I can't remember what it is called but I think it's either Russian or Romanian 7.62mm. Cool.

It's a Dragunov sniper rifle. 7.62x54R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
Funny how when it's a Republican involved in something the media makes a point of saying that but when it is a Democrat they don't mention it.

I haven't seen Eric Williams political party mentioned in the media besides where he was elected JP, which was years before his killing spree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see how the dude being a Republican is relevant here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
If he refuses to produce the bumper sticker, we'll just have to assume, a la Obama's birth certificate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The best part of this thread is the few folks taking it seriously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, kinda funny in a sad, sad way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.