Subject: Ginkgopolis with 5 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Red Wraith
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
How good is Ginkgopolis with 5 players?

Do you have to shuffle almost every round? I'm asking because you begin with only 1 card in the deck (having dealt 4 cards to every player).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Halasz
Hungary
Szada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you have to shuffle in almost every round.
The game ends very-very fast. You have only a few rounds to build. It's very unpredictable and random. I suggest to play with maximum 4 players, but 2/3 is better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
It's very good with 5. You shuffle a lot early and a little less as the game progresses.

Every time you build you simply replace one card in the deck with another. Every time you expand, you add one card to the deck.

The more you expand, the less you have to shuffle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Red_Wraith wrote:
How good is Ginkgopolis with 5 players?

Do you have to shuffle almost every round? I'm asking because you begin with only 1 card in the deck (having dealt 4 cards to every player).

The need to shuffle so often is slightly reduced by A Natural Topology Variant for 2, 3, and 5 Players, as the starting tiles and deck are slightly expanded, which should continue to cascade into slightly larger draw decks throughout the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Torselli
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played Ginkgopolis about 10 times with three/four players, and love it. Yesterday was my first 5-player game. Didn't like it at all..

The game was EXTREMLY short. It ended before it began. My feeling was of a uncompleted game, too few rounds, too little control.

The tiles exhausted in a glance, the game was over.

Don't know if I should try it again in 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.