Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Battlestar Galactica: The Board Game – Daybreak Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mix with other expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Man
msg tools
I wonder how that would work. Maybe just Pegasus and Leaders, CFB
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget Conflicted Loyalties from Exodus..
and you'll likely want to ditch the Pegasus CL Agendas and use the new Motives instead.

Daybreak also comes with some Cylon Attack Crises, so it's not unreasonable that it might be fun to play without the CFB.

We'll see if Earth is a fun enough alternate Destination, or if it will just be "Business as usual to Kobol".

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
I imagine if you're playing with Daybreak then you'll only be playing with part of Exodus (and part of Pegasus) because you'll be using the Earth destination card, not New Caprica or the Ionian Nebula. As a result, neither the New Caprica board and crises from Pegasus nor the trauma tokens, allies and crossroads phase from Exodus will apply.

This is just like adding Exodus to Pegasus.

Whether or not you want to use the CFB/CAG or Conflicted Loyalties seems to be completely up to you.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Even though using Conflicted Loy. should mean yo'ure playing with Exodus core exp material at minimum, I did have a variant where you incorporate them into the base game for some new flair and challenges for the humans.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/812016/anyone-tried-usin...


conedguy wrote:
I wonder how that would work. Maybe just Pegasus and Leaders, CFB
AFAIK, you can mix almost everything in.
--The only things that are NOT modular are the objective cards... Kobol, NC, IN, Earth, pick one and only one of them
--There's a new system that replaces the CL Agendas ("incentives"? I forgot the technical term) where a CL gets 2 at game start, and 2 more during sleeper, and she has choices as to which combo of them or whatever will get done to win the game independantly of others.
--AFAIK, you can't use alt characters plus their originals, so you an't have Lee Adama and Apollo, and no "cult" Baltar nor Baltar the "Polly"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
--AFAIK, you can't use alt characters plus their originals, so you an't have Lee Adama and Apollo, and no "cult" Baltar nor Baltar the "Polly"


But you can certainly have both Boomer and Athena.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
--AFAIK, you can't use alt characters plus their originals, so you an't have Lee Adama and Apollo, and no "cult" Baltar nor Baltar the "Polly"


But you can certainly have both Boomer and Athena.


Personally, I'd lean against that...in some games, Boomer isn't one of the Cylon models
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Eh.. Final Five are "Not A Cylon" because they're not (necessarily) playing for the Cylon Win.

A 3-YANAC Boomer and Athena could coexist and hold on thematically robot




 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Man
msg tools
I guess we keep Cylon Leaders, but they lose their agendas for the new motives Final five kept, the Pegasus battlestar kept, hopefully the CFB kept.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jozxyqk wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
--AFAIK, you can't use alt characters plus their originals, so you an't have Lee Adama and Apollo, and no "cult" Baltar nor Baltar the "Polly"


But you can certainly have both Boomer and Athena.
Oh yeah... I don't think a fan of the show nor the game will argue they're the same person. In fact, when playing with Athena and IN, I'm sure the Athena CL character and the Boomer ally can co-exist just fine
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fizzmore wrote:
jozxyqk wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
--AFAIK, you can't use alt characters plus their originals, so you an't have Lee Adama and Apollo, and no "cult" Baltar nor Baltar the "Polly"


But you can certainly have both Boomer and Athena.


Personally, I'd lean against that...in some games, Boomer isn't one of the Cylon models


Umm what do you mean.

Boomer is totally a cylon even if she is 'Not a Cylon'.

Looks at her weakness.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Danath wrote:
fizzmore wrote:
jozxyqk wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
--AFAIK, you can't use alt characters plus their originals, so you an't have Lee Adama and Apollo, and no "cult" Baltar nor Baltar the "Polly"


But you can certainly have both Boomer and Athena.


Personally, I'd lean against that...in some games, Boomer isn't one of the Cylon models


Umm what do you mean.

Boomer is totally a cylon even if she is 'Not a Cylon'.

Looks at her weakness.


No, she really isn't...just as Baltar's weakness doesn't mean he's a cylon. I interpret her weakness to mean that she's mentally troubled and does something to throw suspicion on her midway through the game, landing her in the brig. Sometimes that suspicion is in fact because she's a cylon, other times it isn't. One of the most intersting things about the game to me is that it allows you to play out alternate realities of the series. I think it's interesting that not only are human characters from the series sometimes cylons in the game, but that the reverse can be true as well. As far as I'm concerned, players are "actually cylons" is the following case:

- They have a "you are a cylon" card.
- They have the "you are a sympathizer" card and join the human team (if they join the cylon team, they're "actually a human" a la Baltar Season 3)
- They are a cylon leader
- They have a "you are not a cylon - final five" card

Anyone not meeting the above conditions is thematically a human in the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fizzmore wrote:

I interpret her weakness to mean that she's mentally troubled and does something to throw suspicion on her midway through the game, landing her in the brig.


So Sleeper Agents are just mentally troubled... gotcha.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fizzmore wrote:
Danath wrote:
fizzmore wrote:
jozxyqk wrote:
ackmondual wrote:
--AFAIK, you can't use alt characters plus their originals, so you an't have Lee Adama and Apollo, and no "cult" Baltar nor Baltar the "Polly"


But you can certainly have both Boomer and Athena.


Personally, I'd lean against that...in some games, Boomer isn't one of the Cylon models


Umm what do you mean.

Boomer is totally a cylon even if she is 'Not a Cylon'.

Looks at her weakness.


No, she really isn't...just as Baltar's weakness doesn't mean he's a cylon. I interpret her weakness to mean that she's mentally troubled and does something to throw suspicion on her midway through the game, landing her in the brig. Sometimes that suspicion is in fact because she's a cylon, other times it isn't. One of the most intersting things about the game to me is that it allows you to play out alternate realities of the series. I think it's interesting that not only are human characters from the series sometimes cylons in the game, but that the reverse can be true as well. As far as I'm concerned, players are "actually cylons" is the following case:

- They have a "you are a cylon" card.
- They have the "you are a sympathizer" card and join the human team (if they join the cylon team, they're "actually a human" a la Baltar Season 3)
- They are a cylon leader
- They have a "you are not a cylon - final five" card

Anyone not meeting the above conditions is thematically a human in the game.
This has been my response to any concerns of characters or mechanics not being "thematic".
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luka
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
Do you think they will bother to add the official variant that uses the Ionian Nebula (or some part of it) in combination with the Daybreak components? I really like its mechanics, especially allies, it would be a shame for a whole deck of cards (which give much needed help to humans in my games) to go to waste.

On the other hand, New Caprica - don't care
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Botkin
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lukpot wrote:
Do you think they will bother to add the official variant that uses the Ionian Nebula (or some part of it) in combination with the Daybreak components? I really like its mechanics, especially allies, it would be a shame for a whole deck of cards (which give much needed help to humans in my games) to go to waste.

On the other hand, New Caprica - don't care


I'm guessing that you'll be able to use the new characters, mutiny, capital one overlay, skill cards, and crisis cards with Ionian Nebula - but that the Earth destination (with Demetrius/Missions) will be separate.

I find it doubtful that they will have another destination card that has Crossroads and Earth on it. But you never know!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
viresium wrote:
lukpot wrote:
Do you think they will bother to add the official variant that uses the Ionian Nebula (or some part of it) in combination with the Daybreak components? I really like its mechanics, especially allies, it would be a shame for a whole deck of cards (which give much needed help to humans in my games) to go to waste.

On the other hand, New Caprica - don't care


I'm guessing that you'll be able to use the new characters, mutiny, capital one overlay, skill cards, and crisis cards with Ionian Nebula - but that the Earth destination (with Demetrius/Missions) will be separate.

I find it doubtful that they will have another destination card that has Crossroads and Earth on it. But you never know!
For the biggest surprise in chars, it's between the new CLs and alt chars... both of which I did NOT see coming.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.