Subject: NOT A RUMOR!! SHIPS TO BE RELEASED SUMMER 2013!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
beto Suarez
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
FFG has just announced that they will reveal the next ships at the May 4th Event and the ships will be released this summer

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4087
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Fernandez
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tie Bomber and B-wing are coming! Very expected.... sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, at least confirmation of one piece of information that was heavily suspected, but not absolutely certain...

- There will definitely be four more ships in Wave 3. (There had been some speculation that there might have been 3 or 5 ships, depending on what sizes some came out at.)
- I guess also worth pointing out that this obviously confirms Wave 3 is revealed in 2 weeks...obviously, the date on that had been debated a bit.

So...yeah, a couple things we didn't actually "know" (not for sure, at least) before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
4 new ships is making me very happy indeed while my wallet is shaking in fear...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Two thoughts:

1) What Herr Grawan said: I have a pregnant wife and a graduate student's salary. How does FFG expect me to afford Wave 3? shake

2) After six months or so of "Wave 3 rumors..." threads, the OP has my genuine thanks for making the "not a rumor" part clear!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clayton Helme
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It never actually stated they will come out this summer, unless I am blind, just "later this year". Where are people getting the "coming out this summer" bit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rekinom
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vorpal Sword wrote:

2) After six months or so of "Wave 3 rumors..." threads, the OP has my genuine thanks for making the "not a rumor" part clear!

That, and he put exclamation points on the end of the title so it was clear that he didn't just forget to add question marks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crimson_Phoenix wrote:
It never actually stated they will come out this summer, unless I am blind, just "later this year". Where are people getting the "coming out this summer" bit?

Well, the World Championships are in June. It seems reasonable that FFG woul dtry to offset the lull following the tournament season by introducing the next wave, rejuvenating passion for the game and giving players a chance to try new ships/squads.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4088

P.S. This should be in the News forum...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Crabtree
msg tools
"for the first time ever, four ships that are sure to shake up the X-Wing metagame when they arrive in stores later this year."

Are we going to see a third faction??? hmmmm... well Fantasy Flight marketing minions, you have successfully grasped my attention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beto Suarez
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Crimson_Phoenix wrote:

they edited the post

it said summer instead of stores later this year, guess they changed it in case of delays

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Crimson_Phoenix wrote:

[EDIT: ninja by 20 minutes. I have got to start refreshing before I post.]

It does say "later this year". The announcement is too late for a Q2 release, which leaves Q3 (for which "summer 2013" is a reasonably approximation) or Q4.

So consider the timing: if the planned lag between releases is a reasonable 4-6 months, then counting from this March indicates a release date between June and August. Furthermore, a release early in Q3--say, early July--would give them an additional gap of 4 months between releasing Wave 3 and releasing a hypothetical Wave 4 just as the aforementioned holiday shopping season begins.

I guess what I'm saying is that I would bet on either an early July or mid-November release for Wave 3, and on that basis I'm willing to forgive the OP's optimism in predicting "summer 2013".

(And of course this comes like four posts after I complain about how there have been six months of unsubstantiated rumors... gulp)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
beto Suarez
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Vorpal Sword wrote:
Crimson_Phoenix wrote:

[EDIT: ninja by 20 minutes. I have got to start refreshing before I post.]

It does say "later this year". The announcement is too late for a Q2 release, which leaves Q3 (for which "summer 2013" is a reasonably approximation) or Q4.

So consider the timing: if the planned lag between releases is a reasonable 4-6 months, then counting from this March indicates a release date between June and August. Furthermore, a release early in Q3--say, early July--would give them an additional gap of 4 months between releasing Wave 3 and releasing a hypothetical Wave 4 just as the aforementioned holiday shopping season begins.

I guess what I'm saying is that I would bet on either an early July or mid-November release for Wave 3, and on that basis I'm willing to forgive the OP's optimism in predicting "summer 2013".

(And of course this comes like four posts after I complain about how there have been six months of unsubstantiated rumors... gulp)

again, for the first 10 minutes of the post it did say summer, but then they changed it to later this year
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And now a few weeks of theory begins on what the new ships will be...

Everyone and their brother throws out B-wing and Tie Bomber as essentially required releases, but what of the other two? Two more ships are too few a number to launch a new faction with (I suppose?).

Two more "big" ships?

Expanded universe favorites like Outrider, or Kyle Katarn's ship?

I have a personal theory... They talk about "meta" altering ships. What if the new ships were "neutral" ships... like say Bounty Hunters, and could be hired in squads of EITHER faction?

And for the record, I do think ALL of an eventual Wave 4 will be a new faction. If FFG is smart they'll do something like Malifaux w/Ten Thunders.... IE: Introduce two neutral ships now which are hireable by any faction, and then add a whole Bounty Hunter standalone faction later which has synergies with those neutral two already released, thus instantly giving every faction similar numbers of options, AND making it an easier purchase to swallow as many fans will already have, stealthily, some of this new factions units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Juneau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of them is going to be the Enterprise D.

I'll make sure to get a strike force squad of 6 of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wilder

Daly City
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mu0n wrote:
One of them is going to be the Enterprise D.

I'll make sure to get a strike force squad of 6 of them.

Why not 11? Enterprise can't possibly be worth more than 9 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Fuentes
United States
Hialeah
FL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy crap! 4 new ships??? I gotta start saving again...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If I had to bet, they will get released at Gencon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Bingle
United States
ORLANDO
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Piqsid wrote:

I agree, although possibly in limited quantities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
bingle wrote:
Piqsid wrote:

I agree, although possibly in limited quantities.

FFG's booth will be my first stop Thursday morning of Gencon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogue Knight
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wave 3 could have more than four ships....

"You’ll be among the first to learn of four upcoming ships for the X-Wing™ Miniatures Game!"

It doesn't say THE four ships upcoming for the game, it just says four ships.

I know Wave 1 and 2 had four ships, but maybe 3 will have a larger scenario ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueKnight wrote:
Wave 3 could have more than four ships....

"You’ll be among the first to learn of four upcoming ships for the X-Wing™ Miniatures Game!"

It doesn't say THE four ships upcoming for the game, it just says four ships.

I know Wave 1 and 2 had four ships, but maybe 3 will have a larger scenario ship.

Now we're really splitting hairs here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B.
United States
East Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iNano78 wrote:
Crimson_Phoenix wrote:

Well, the World Championships are in June. It seems reasonable that FFG woul dtry to offset the lull following the tournament season by introducing the next wave, rejuvenating passion for the game and giving players a chance to try new ships/squads.

Where does it say that the World Championships are in June? This would be the first I've ever heard of it.

The 2012 World Championships were in November and this site: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=196 states that the 2013 World Championship Weekend will be Nov 7-10th.

I'd predict limited Wave 3 product at Gencon, and a general public release in September or October, at best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New ships, great, would be nice to be able to buy the Tie Interceptor in the UK first!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueThirteen wrote:
iNano78 wrote:
Crimson_Phoenix wrote:

Where does it say that the World Championships are in June? This would be the first I've ever heard of it.

The 2012 World Championships were in November and this site: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=196 states that the 2013 World Championship Weekend will be Nov 7-10th.

I'd predict limited Wave 3 product at Gencon, and a general public release in September or October, at best.

My mistake. The link I posted stated that "tournament season" runs through June. I don't know why tournament season doesn't culminate at World Championships in November.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Dawson
United Kingdom
Spalding
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here, move along
badge
Need to put something witty here
mbmbmbmbmb
Major Mishap wrote:
New ships, great, would be nice to be able to buy the Tie Interceptor in the UK first!

Are you suggesting they have not been available?

I have 1 that I brought in the UK, from an online retailer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.