Chris Leigh
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Beds
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So guys,

I've looked at the board game rules and the videos and this games strikes me quite heavily like DOTA or League of Legends. Whilst it doesnt have the towers it has lots of different characters, purchasable upgrades, tactics on ganking and the like.

Would you say thats a fair comparison? If so I believe the technical term to be used is "woo hoo!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Taylor
United States
Lake Forest
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like a fair comparison.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hoffman
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To me it's more like a simplified Final Fantasy Tactics, Advanced Wars, or Fire Emblem type game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
majora999 wrote:
To me it's more like a simplified Final Fantasy Tactics, Advanced Wars, or Fire Emblem type game.

And that's not a bad thing, either...imho.

One could always add-in some "house rules" to add some depth...I'm sure the community won't fail in this, if you need that here.

For me, this is going to be great for my kids. They love the style and the ease of rules makes it realistic to jump right in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Nguyen
France
flag msg tools
The good thing is that the Krosmaster Line has been made so the mini could be used for several games, other then "Arena".

Even by themselves the figurines can be played with the minimaps.

We can totally imagine a Krosmaster version of a MOBA, awarding money for kills (pvp or pvm) and upgrading the heroes (with a specific set or Demonic Rewards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Koeppen
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
LEGO: Hopeful for new 'Castle' sets in 2015!
badge
Games: Regarding my favorite theme of 'Fantasy', I'm hoping for fewer 'card' games and more 'board' games.
mbmbmbmbmb
majora999 wrote:

Yes, exactly! Man, I really want this game. I just wish a more Kickstarter-reliable company was behind it.

I'd be all over the 'all inclusive' pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LegoRick wrote:
I just wish a more Kickstarter-reliable company was behind it.

Meaning?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cwikla

Burbank
California
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
LegoRick wrote:

Meaning?

He's talking about how they handled the Kanzume Goddess campaign. To be fair, that campaign has been a bit bungled.

However, they have been handling the Krosmaster campaign really well so far. They're been very communicative and responsive and also detailing shipping etc. issues. Sounds like they're taken lessons learned from past kickstarters and really applying them to this one nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iguano wrote:
ropya wrote:
LegoRick wrote:

Meaning?

He's talking about how they handled the Kanzume Goddess campaign. To be fair, that campaign has been a bit bungled.

However, they have been handling the Krosmaster campaign really well so far. They're been very communicative and responsive and also detailing shipping etc. issues. Sounds like they're taken lessons learned from past kickstarters and really applying them to this one nicely.

Thats what I thought.
But I also understand that everyone is finally getting their products from that KS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Koeppen
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Games: Regarding my favorite theme of 'Fantasy', I'm hoping for fewer 'card' games and more 'board' games.
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:

Thats what I thought.
But I also understand that everyone is finally getting their products from that KS?

I wouldn't say "everyone", but yes some people are receiving their rewards. Just taking a look at the Kanzume Goddess Kickstarter page's comments section is scary enough. I hope that they have learned from their mistakes for Krosmaster: Arena, but apparently they are still making new mistakes, at least according to the Kanzume backers.

It is one of those awful situations where I really REALLY want the game, and the Kickstarter bonus rewards, but I don't know if I feel comfortable forking over that kind of cash. I guess I still have a few days. I am looking for a sign to tell me if I should. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LegoRick wrote:
ropya wrote:

Thats what I thought.

I wouldn't say "everyone", but yes some people are receiving their rewards. Just taking a look at the Kanzume Goddess Kickstarter page's comments section is scary enough. I hope that they have learned from their mistakes for Krosmaster: Arena, but apparently they are still making new mistakes, at least according to the Kanzume backers.

It is one of those awful situations where I really REALLY want the game, and the Kickstarter bonus rewards, but I don't know if I feel comfortable forking over that kind of cash. I guess I still have a few days. I am looking for a sign to tell me if I should. whistle

Hmm...
Didnt follow it too closely.
What mistakes are they still making?

As for their care of Krosmaster.
I messaged them with some ideas, concerns, and thoughts, and they got back to me within the hour each time.
They were very receptive to my feedback and seem to be looking into one idea I had. They also took the time to explain, in detail, the answer to my confused question.

So theres that at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Koeppen
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:

Hmm...
Didnt follow it too closely.
What mistakes are they still making?

Apparently they are slow to respond/not responding to Kanzume backers with problems. Some of the backers perceive a lack of communication, though the Japanime rep. says otherwise. Also there are some backer rewards that are being swapped out with other items due to limited availability without consulting the backers themselves. The majority of the concern is the assumption that Japanime is focusing on Krosmaster (as you would assume they would) without having resolved outstanding Kanzume problems.

I appologize for derailing the thread! The reason this game appeals to me so much is that I LOVE 'Tactics' style RPG games. All of the minimaps, terrain, and additional characters make this sooooo cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Bourbeau
United States
londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to point out Chessex did the fulfillment of Kazume, not Japanime games directly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.