Popular Tags: [View All]
Therron Thomas
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I am missing something but why would you ever declare a run when sprint is available?

I have looked at this and can't figure out where within 3 hexes you would ever run to that you couldn't also sprint and make it to the same place and facing.

Which begs to ask why does the differentiation exist?

Perhaps just so moving three or less places doesn't require counting up to twelve?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing is that you get -1 die to some tests when you're sprinting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Hiesterman
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
I wish to kill you, be at rest as to that, but to kill you quietly in a snug, remote place, where you will not be able to boast of your death to anybody
badge
Caught trouser-free in open country...
mbmbmbmbmb
Guards can Run and then Slam
Strikers can Run and then Throw
Strikers can Run and then Steal
-1 for Sprinting when picking up the ball
Free action given by double Stand Up cannot be Sprint
Free Run/Throw action for double Catch cannot be Sprint

Sprinting is the best for just covering ground, but not if you want to do much of anything else...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
twthomas wrote:
Maybe I am missing something but why would you ever declare a run when sprint is available?

I have looked at this and can't figure out where within 3 hexes you would ever run to that you couldn't also sprint and make it to the same place and facing.

Which begs to ask why does the differentiation exist?

Perhaps just so moving three or less places doesn't require counting up to twelve?

I don't think Sprint exists for moving up to 3 hexes. But if you want to move a lot of hexes then that is what sprinting exists for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Clemente
Norway
Sandefjord
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
twthomas wrote:

Why do you refer to 3 hexes only?

Average movement stat (humans) is 5.

Also, sometimes you can reach a hex following a certain path by running and not by sprinting, based on the turns the players has to do to get there. This is shown in p. 34 in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Therron Thomas
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Why do you refer to 3 hexes only?

....Because I was tired and apparently stupid. blush LOL!

Thanks for all the replies. Makes better sense. I had overlooked all the negative modifiers to sprinting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.