Subject: Anniversary Reprint? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Hines
United States
Noblesville
Indiana
flag msg tools
I'm afraid the DEFLECTOR Shield is..... Operational!
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on an 1941/1942 Anniversary Reprint? I can't imagine WC not doing it with the crazy prices asked on secondary markets. They could tweak it with better colors (Italy too close to Russia).
I remember Betrayal at House on Hill and Survive games going for $200 and then the reprints came out. Remember WC doesn't make any money on secondary market
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Doubtful. There's no money in a "72nd" Anniversary Edition. My money is them capitalizing on the 100th Anniversary of the start of WWI and a A&A:1914 Anniversary Edition with additional naval sculpts unique to nations, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Walt Mulder wrote:
Doubtful. There's no money in a "72nd" Anniversary Edition. My money is them capitalizing on the 100th Anniversary of the start of WWI and a A&A:1914 Anniversary Edition with additional naval sculpts unique to nations, etc.

...and maybe enough Germans this time? *runs for cover*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ketchup61925 wrote:
Any news on an 1941/1942 Anniversary Reprint? I can't imagine WC not doing it with the crazy prices asked on secondary markets. They could tweak it with better colors (Italy too close to Russia).
I remember Betrayal at House on Hill and Survive games going for $200 and then the reprints came out. Remember WC doesn't make any money on secondary market

I'm pretty sure it's been stated officially somewhere (and by Larry Harris too) that the Anniversary edition was a one-timer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from News to General
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Stennett
United States
Newport Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
Hi John,

I loved the old Anniversary game and was lucky to get my copy at a reasonable price within days of release.

I think however there is great potential to improve this game for a re-relase.

Fortresses (as in War of the Ring) such as Gibraltar and Sevastopol could be added making it harder to take these areas.

Mountain, forest and desert terrain are standards with GMT and many other serious games and would add more skill to the battles. Many more technologies and real diplomacy allowing the Soviet Union for example to change sides are found in the Moral Conflict family of WWII games. Resources are also found in many modern games from Settler upwards and the introduction of oilfields and oil supplies would represent the real problem for the Axis.

If a re-release came with more of above at a price like these games it would do very well.

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.