Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Myth» Forums » General

Subject: Alternate MYTH Game Mode Teased rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who don't follow the Kickstarter comments:

MERCS wrote:
Wow! So that was an adventure. We are in Chicago for Adepticon. The car broke down on the way up. . So we rented one, changed all the stuff over and had the old beast towed back to home.
Anyway, if you are in Chicago, at Adepticon, come by the booth to look at the figures. We're also going to be showing an alternate game mode called Slaughterfield in the evening. Come by for a good time. We'll record what we can and post it late into the evening.
Now I need to go write an update on the pledge manager. Big strides today with that, as well.


So... yeah. Speculate away.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Handley
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Horde mode / unending waves.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Why this game hasn't already raised 10 million dollars I'll never know.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
WunupKid wrote:
Horde mode / unending waves.


That seems to be the general consensus...

Though it might be PvP in some shape or form...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dolem Thorn
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
DanKD wrote:
Why this game hasn't already raised 10 million dollars I'll never know.


I have no idea. The game play looks so much more refined than something like Kingdom Death and you still get loaded up on minis. Maybe it needs more pinups?

Anyone on the fence could just watch Extended Gameplay Video #1 and I'd think they'd be in.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smith
msg tools
mbmb
Perhaps Horde mode/Unending waves along with PvP.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bernier
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess would be a Gauntlet!!!!!
Multi level arenas with 2 Lairs, spawning hordes of monsters and captains and at the end a Boss. When you kill the boss you travel to the next floor and continue until you die!

In the transitions between the floors:
- No merchants
- No Healing
- No Rest

I'd say, maybe a merchant every 3 or 4 floors including some Healing or minor restoration.

If they could pull off something like that i'd be drooling enough that i'd need to order a kayak to get out of me appartment.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Handley
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Dolem wrote:
DanKD wrote:
Why this game hasn't already raised 10 million dollars I'll never know.


I have no idea. The game play looks so much more refined than something like Kingdom Death and you still get loaded up on minis. Maybe it needs more pinups?

Anyone on the fence could just watch Extended Gameplay Video #1 and I'd think they'd be in.


I have a friend who is pretty big into board games, and works in the industry, he's actually the one who showed me Myth. In the end he did not back Myth, his reasoning was as follows: "this game looked pretty cumbersome based on the game play video. I did not end up kickstarting it. The models and tiles look cool. Just looked like it had TONS of conditional rules. I will just play a full on RPG for those."

While we all have pretty big disposable incomes, kickstarting new projects can be expensive, and you gotta prioritize what you want. He put like 350 into Zombicide season 2, and I'm putting a similar amount into Myth. The upside is if either of us wants to play the other game, we know someone who has EVERYTHING we need to play.

So I can understand why people wouldn't be interested in Myth. If the gameplay really is as slow as some of the videos suggest (and I don't think it is, if the players are familiar with creature's stat lines) and you have ready access to DnD groups with all the investment that requires, your money really might be better spent elsewhere.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would find a horde mode to be pretty boring to be honest. That's not what has got me interested in Myth in the slightest, I'm far more interested in the quests and character development.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
I would find a horde mode to be pretty boring to be honest. That's not what has got me interested in Myth in the slightest, I'm far more interested in the quests and character development.


I'm also in it for the story and the long-term character stuff.

However, if there's a quick, 30-45 minute horde mode that I can play when I don't have 2 hours for a full act - that's great.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
I would find a horde mode to be pretty boring to be honest. That's not what has got me interested in Myth in the slightest, I'm far more interested in the quests and character development.


I'm also in it for the story and the long-term character stuff.

However, if there's a quick, 30-45 minute horde mode that I can play when I don't have 2 hours for a full act - that's great.


I suppose. Personally if I only have this much time I'd rather just play Munchkin or King of Tokyo, something that is very quick to set up and play. Although I don't own either of those games so I guess it would be useful at home! I can't wait to find out more about the character progression and linking the stories together. Just hoping that I can get enough people interested in playing!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hooked in by hero variation and playstyle more than question or killing...so meh can't complain about another game mode where I still get to try out the variation heroes and card advances! =)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
IronSyndicate wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
I would find a horde mode to be pretty boring to be honest. That's not what has got me interested in Myth in the slightest, I'm far more interested in the quests and character development.


I'm also in it for the story and the long-term character stuff.

However, if there's a quick, 30-45 minute horde mode that I can play when I don't have 2 hours for a full act - that's great.


I suppose. Personally if I only have this much time I'd rather just play Munchkin or King of Tokyo, something that is very quick to set up and play. Although I don't own either of those games so I guess it would be useful at home! I can't wait to find out more about the character progression and linking the stories together. Just hoping that I can get enough people interested in playing!


Agreed - if I know I have 45 minutes - I'll probably whip out 7 Wonders. But it's always nice to have the option, if I don't use it.

Also - something that just occurred to me - I have some friends who are against long games. If they know something is gonna take a couple hours, they immediately rule out. If we get a MYTH blitz-mode, I can use it to entice them, and show them the error of their ways.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Then you can accidentally put it in the normal mode and make them play for hours, buahahaha
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.