Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey...That Tickles....
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi my name is Dave Koch and I'm a game-a-holic
(All in a monotone voice.... Hi Dave)

I've worked most of my life in the computer game field as a production and management consultant. For over 20 years I spent most of my time working with and playing with all kinds of interactive products.

My wife and I moved to Indy about 6 years ago after becoming burned out from living the Hollywood studio scene. We now live in the Geist area on the northeast side.

I got back into board gaming a few months ago and had almost forgotten how much I love playing board and card games. There is just something wonderful about the interaction that comes from sitting across from people laughing, talking, and playing. It's something wonderful you just can't get from staring at a computer screen all the time.

My wife Tami and I game quite a bit with our kids (24, 22, and 20.) when we can get together. When we can’t, we play a lot of 2 person games together. (Jambo, Lost Cities, Carcassonne - The Castle, San Juan, Battle Line, etc.)

We also play a lot of other games with her brother and his family when we can. So when we get the whole clan together we play other Euros and cards.

Ticket to Ride
Settlers
Puerto Rico
Bohnanza
Rage
Wizard
and of course Euchre (this is Indiana after all)

I've been looking to get us into a regular weekly gaming group to expand both of our horizons into other games and steadily expand our circle of friends.

Up for all kinds of games, but we have no real interest in wargames at the moment.

Want to learn and play:
Caylus
Power Grid
Euphrat & Tigris
Louis the IV
Lost in the Desert
Samurai
Goa
Traders of Genoa
Hacienda
Santiago
St. Peterburg
and on and on and on and on and ...well you know....

Hoping to meet some new friends here that we can get together with and game on a regular basis. I want to expand that list of BGG Geek Buddies here in Indy.

If you are in the area, have a game group, or want to form a game group, drop me a line. Be great to hear from you.

Aloha,
Dave "McGuit" Koch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dave!! I live just north of Indy, in Carmel, and of the games you list as wanting to try I have -

Caylus
Power Grid
Euphrat & Tigris
Louis the IV
Samurai
Goa
Traders of Genoa
St. Peterburg

My husband and I would be glad to get together with your wife and you and game sometime, send me a PM. I should warn you I'm about to have a new baby (as in due any day now) so it may be several weeks before I could hook up with you two, but I'm sure we could work something out eventually.

I also run a small but hopefully growing family-friendly gaming group. Parents (mostly moms from our homeschooling group so far) get together and play Eurogames in a fairly friendly and casual fashion, kids go play in the yard or in playrooms - it's noisy and we get interrupted a lot but for us parents of small kids (ages birth through grade school) it's a lot easier and cheaper to work around the interruptions than try to get babysitters every time we want to game With the imminent birth of my second child, this will probably be on hiatus for a few months, but if you don't mind the noise and less serious nature of the group, you and your wife are welcome to join us!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. David Koch
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey...That Tickles....
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Denise,

Will PM over to you later today.

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. David Koch
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey...That Tickles....
mbmbmbmbmb
Still looking for more out on the North side if any are interested.

McGuit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Curtis
United States
Plainfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Plainfield and am also looking to game more in Indy. Of course I was hoping for something on the west side, but keep me in mind. I've located a couple of gamers and we may try to get together in the next couple of weeks.

Jeff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. David Koch
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey...That Tickles....
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds great Jeff.

We are really starting to get some folks interested in doing gaming on a regular night.
Sent you a PM. Hope you can join us.
Always room for more gamers to sit in.

All the best,

Dave "McGuit" Koch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Lochtefeld
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David,

I moved to Fishers about 9 months ago. Now that my family and I have settled into the area, I have been interested in joining a regular (or semi-regular) game group to play multi-player Eurogames and board games. It looks like you're stone's throw away from me. Let me know if you have room for another person. I would like to get back to playing the German-style games, especially some of the new ones that have been released over the past 1-2 years.

On a different topic, I moved from Columbus, OH (Go Bucks!). They have a very successful boardgame group called CABS (Columbus Area Boardgame Society) that meets twice a month. Is there something similar here in Indy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. David Koch
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey...That Tickles....
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike,

You are more than welcome to join our weekly family of gamers. We have been doing a lot of Euro-gaming and cards, so there seems to always be something for just about every taste.

As far as I know, here in Indy there are a couple of weekly groups that meet, but nothing formal for the whole city.

I'm heading up a group on the Northeast side here in Geist.
There is another group in Carmel that Denise is running.
As far as I have been able to find out, there are a couple more.
One out towards Plainfield and another up at Purdue in Lafeyette.

I'm sure there are others, but those are the only ones I know about right now.

There is always room for everyone that wants in to game in our group.

I will PM you with my information today so that we can talk and get you into the next session.

Thanks for asking and welcome aboard.

Dave "McGuit" Koch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Vail
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey,

I am also trying my hand at forming a boardgame group in Indianapolis...I have a very crude webpage for it,so far zero members, ok, one...me. I am still interested in some sort of group in indianapolis, let me know!

some of games I have are:

Monopoly, of course
Settlers of Catan
Carcassonne, gatherers and hunters
Cashflow 101
Sid Meiers Civilization
Whitman's Sock Market

Kevin

Kevin@vail.org
kckokomo@yahoo.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. David Koch
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey...That Tickles....
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Kevin.

Great to meet another Indianapolis gamer!
Sending PM to you now about joining our new group.

Anyone else out there still looking, let me know.
Sure we can find the right group for you.

Dave "McGuit" Koch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Roberds
United States
New Whiteland
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave,

If you hear anything for those of us on the southern part of Indianapolis please let me know. My wife and I would enjoy playing medium to light games (ahem.. a term I coined from here) on a semi regular basis. Johnson/Marion County would be preferred.

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. David Koch
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey...That Tickles....
mbmbmbmbmb
John,
I will let you know if I hear anything going on out that way.

The response to folks that want to game in town has been great.
Will send you a PM today to exchange information and get you on the routing list for info when things are happening around the city.
Nice to meet you.
Dave "McGuit" Koch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Johnson
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I don't know whether I'd be able to show up every week, but I am interested in playing those sorts of games. I am already in a group that meets downtown once a month, but more than that would be better.

I live in the northern part of Indianapolis (near St. Vincent hospital if you know where that is).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. David Koch
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey...That Tickles....
mbmbmbmbmb
Great hearing from you.
I'll send a PM over now with the information.
I'll give you the highlights of what is going on with the group now.
Thanks for the message.

McGuit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Schuth
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave,

It looks like you are above me in the game-aholic category, but my wife and I do own Power Grid and Samurai, both games you mentioned.

We live on the west side, near Pike High. We have an ever-growing closet o' games that are always wanting our attention.

Perhaps we could meet with you and/or your group and see how things go? It would probably be too much for us to travel up to the Michigan Border/Geist area every week, but we might be able to make it once a month or so.

David Schuth

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. David Koch
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey...That Tickles....
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure thing David,
I'll send you a PM with all the particulars
Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Block Party in Columbus, Ohio
Fredrick's War will be demoed at Block Party by the Designer Ron Draker. I will be bringing a playtest copy of Fast Action Battles: The Bulge for GMT. It is my hope that we will draw 40+ for the block Party.....the Pre-registration deadline ends April 15th!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Fabulous
United States
Hillsborough/Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess this thread is a bit old, but I just moved up to Indiana from Kansas. I'm living in Bloomington. I don't know what my availability will be when my classes start, but I don't know anyone in the area and would be interested in trying to game with new people.. Are there enough people in the Bloomington area.. I've only learned how to navigate a 10 block radius ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. David Koch
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey...That Tickles....
mbmbmbmbmb
May be an old thread, but we are still kicking around here.
You will be happy to know that there is lots of gaming in Indiana.

I would start to look at I.U. main campus there in Bloomington.
Know of a couple of gaming groups at Purdue in Lafeyette, so it stands to reason there is a group right where you are near the campus.

Put up a flyer in the admin area and check out what is happening in the student union.

Anyone here know of an active group up at I.U.?

For Indianapolis folks, there are at least 4 groups that I know of around the city. My group does mostly Euros but there is a wargame group and an RPGame group in Carmel.

Anyone know of any others?

Keep feeding the wire here.

Aloha,

McGuit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. David Koch
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Hey...That Tickles....
mbmbmbmbmb
Just an update that the Euro gaming group on the Northeast side of Indianapolis is going strong.

If you have any interest in coming to play, send a message and let me know how to contact you via e-mail.

All the best,

Dave "McGuit" Koch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Kalsekar
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
Hi,
We are two girls looking to join/form a gaming group in northwest Indy...
I own a few Euro games..bohnanza, settlers, carcassone and look forward to learning some new ones as well...
Anu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sinister
United States
Unspecified
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/FriendsofGenCon/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Doyle
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi David -

I am just visiting Indianapolis for the week (Aug 19 through Aug 24, 2007) and I was wanting to know if you can recommend a gaming group meeting this week. My parents live in the Beech Grove area and I am sure that if I don't know where or how to travel somewhere in this city - they will be able to give me directions.

I am trying to expand my knowledge in games - I have not been playing too many Euro Games, because I have really no one to play them with in my hometown of Memphis, TN. I did however pack a few copies of Smear Strategy Card Game that I designed and I would be willing to teach anyone interesting in learning a new game (its an abstract card game).

Thanks for your time.

nventit2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.