Subject: Exclusives? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Mouser
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Guys,

I'm not really up on Myth, but it looks like it could be quite fun to play with my girlfriend. The story aspect is very inviting as we both enjoy Mice and Mystics, and the minis look great...the 400k rat boss concept is very cool. I was thinking going in at the $100 pledge level as you seem to get quite a lot. I see one of the stretch goals is an exlusive hero. There are a number of optional addons. Are any of these kickstarter exclusives or heavily discounted compared to retail? I ask this as I jsut splashed out on a couple of other game kickstarters and feel very guilty.....and maybe I can wait for some to come to retail.

Some of the addons that I was considering are:

Elemental boss
Treasure Deck
Quest Deck
6x6 tile suppliment

I appreciate any help that you can give
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Trickster and one of the mini bosses are exclusive. Everything else will be on sale in the distant future for who knows how much.

And Apprentice level gets you so much more for only $50 more...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zombie homer
msg tools
designer
I consulted the forum and you can get some good advice here: How would you burn $50 on MYTH add ons?

In short, quest, skald and boss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
None of the "add ons" are exclusives.

If you are in at the $100 Captain pledge you will get any and all exclusive items.

Right now, that is just the two mini bosses and the trickster character.

I think the quest deck is an absolute must.

Not sure how long you'd have to wait for stuff to get to retail,... They did say that the Skald hero won't be released for some time (and I'd think the same would be true for the elemental boss)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get excellent value and all the exclusives at Captain ($100). Apprentice ($150) seems geared towards being able to fight floods of the same monster type as well as mixed groups of 2 monster types... nice but not necessary.

The optional add-ons don't represent anywhere near the same value per $ as Captain/Apprentice pledges and are probably close to retail price (cheaper than retail for Australians like myself).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've personally (With a £100 GBP limit) gone with:
Captain ($100)
Quest Deck ($15)
Treasure Deck ($10)
Skald Hero ($15)
Skald Sleeves ($5)

Woops that's £103 with shipping, close enough

I figure that if I feel I need double lairs when I have the game in my hands I can get more minions later on. I'm very much expecting I'll want to get the expansions to heroes (Journeyman classes) so that'll be when that happens.

If we hit our current goals we're going to have 22 skeletons, based on the numbers I've seen people post, I think that's enough for double lairs! Which would mean we can double-lair skeletons on captain and see how fun it is
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, anyone know if the alternate gender models will be included normally in the retail game, or available separately, or not available at all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Mouser
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for your help!

I think my pledge may depend on what level of stretch could be hit. For example, if the extra tiles get hit, then I probably wont need the 6x6 extras.

I think the boss, extra hero and two decks are going to be worth it for me.

Now...an extra $50 for all those lovely models at apprentice..its tempting...:S
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
piemaster713 wrote:
if the extra tiles get hit, then I probably wont need the 6x6 extras.

It's just the opposite, actually.

The 6x6 is meant to be used with the Stretch tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
So, anyone know if the alternate gender models will be included normally in the retail game, or available separately, or not available at all?

They'll be an add on available separately after the game is released. Two minis and one deck per hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
StormKnight wrote:

They'll be an add on available separately after the game is released. Two minis and one deck per hero.

Has this been confirmed? I know they are packaging the extra heroes like this but if this is the only way they package them it seems a bit odd because then you would end up with a duplicate that you may not want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
swirlsaepi wrote:
StormKnight wrote:

Has this been confirmed? I know they are packaging the extra heroes like this but if this is the only way they package them it seems a bit odd because then you would end up with a duplicate that you may not want.

Well, Brian has said that all of the items listed as add ons will be available after KS is over, with the exclusion of the KS exclusives things. Since they're listed in the add on section as two minis and a deck, I assume they'll be supplied after the KS is over that same way as well. I would think if they were going to be sold individually at a later date that MERCS would have listed them in the add on section as individual minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:
swirlsaepi wrote:
StormKnight wrote:

Well, Brian has said that all of the items listed as add ons will be available after KS is over, with the exclusion of the KS exclusives things. Since they're listed in the add on section as two minis and a deck, I assume they'll be supplied after the KS is over that same way as well. I would think if they were going to be sold individually at a later date that MERCS would have listed them in the add on section as individual minis.

From that I would make the same assumption too. But does seem to 'punish' those who just want the alternative sculpts. I wonder if they might release a pack that's just the alternate genders (like what is being supplied for the stretch goal) for just those who want those rather than extra cards etc. MERCS - any chance of confirmation when you inevitably check this?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.