Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
San Diego drew the enviable position of being the first road team to play in Philadelphia this coming football season.

For the last several years (most recently, Baltimore), the first road team to play in Philly has gone on to win the Super Bowl.

Would be quite a coup, no?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott B
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mb
It's a different Chargers now, and a different Eagles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt B
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess that means the Eagles will never win the Super Bowl? Not too hard to believe, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike K
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mbauer8286 wrote:
I guess that means the Eagles will never win the Super Bowl? Not too hard to believe, I guess.

I have wept twice over the past 20-odd years. Once, when my first son was born (another coming before too long), and the second time, when the Phillies ended a 25-year drought of zero championships in the 'Big Four' sports leagues by defeating the Tampa Bay Rays, 4 games to 1.

Considering the current state of things (Sixers suck, Flyers suck, Phillies suck, Eagles ... you get the idea), it might be another 25 years. Or more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
mbauer8286 wrote:

I hear they play with themselves all the time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mbauer8286 wrote:

But they did provide a nice little bolt-hole for Chip Kelly just before the NCAA hammer fell on Oregon (apparently he hired an infamous "talent scout" knowing it was against NCAA rules to have him help recruit. We don't know how seriously the Ducks will be punished yet, but Kelly is safe in the NFL.)

the last coach to do this (Pete Carroll escaping USC sanctions in Seattle) has been a surprising success, but I still resent it when coaches are able to escape punishment for their misdeeds by going somewhere else. Now the greatest victories in the history of Oregon football are likely to be vacated, and the program subjected to the humiliation of a postseason ban.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher KrackerJack
United States
Portsmouth
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Coyotek4 wrote:
mbauer8286 wrote:

I have wept twice over the past 20-odd years. Once, when my first son was born (another coming before too long), and the second time, when the Phillies ended a 25-year drought of zero championships in the 'Big Four' sports leagues by defeating the Tampa Bay Rays, 4 games to 1.

Considering the current state of things (Sixers suck, Flyers suck, Phillies suck, Eagles ... you get the idea), it might be another 25 years. Or more.

As a lifelong Browns/ Indians/ Cavaliers fan, my sympathy only extends to 1989, which was 25 years since the last time Cleveland brought a title home (and I was only 16).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.