Subject: [POLL] Where would you like to see ATOE go from here? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
So we've got the base-game, and 2 big-box expansions, along with 2 Hero Packs, and 2 web-exclusive card sets.
I love where the game started & I love where it has gone.
So where should it go from here?

Poll
Where should the A Touch Of Evil series go from here?
A totally new ATOE base-game (with room for totally new expansions later, of course!)
Another big-box expansion to the existing base-game (like Something Wicked or The Coast.)
Another Hero Pack.
Nothing. There is enough ATOE product, the world is fine as-is.
      110 answers
Poll created by fightcitymayor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Flying Frog's games and AToE is my favorite! I would like to see possibly a mini expansion with a smaller board to fit on the top side of the Coast board... a person's table is only so big. I also would love to see a card only expansion with more cards for all the decks as well as new cards such as quests, more hauntings, or other new mechanics.

I would love to see them do a game similar to AtoE but with a western theme. How cool would that be!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think AToE is large enough. I'd like to see FFP go a completely different direction and create a completely different "type" of game set in the ToE theme.

It's hard to say what direction that would be...just not an adventure game. It's been done.

That being said, I'd probably by whatever extra expansions they'd like to load onto AToE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I'm pretty happy with what they have released. We got 3 map sections, 24 heroes, and tons of villians. Plus a few web small card expansions. Think we got a good amount and more gameplay then most of us will see. I agree with Rich and like to see them do something new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see more fan-created villains. Sadly, my photoshop skills are lacking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Miller
Australia
Upwey
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
I think I'm pretty happy with what they have released. We got 3 map sections, 24 heroes, and tons of villians. Plus a few web small card expansions. Think we got a good amount and more gameplay then most of us will see. I agree with Rich and like to see them do something new.

Certainly agree with this. I also have all that is out there and haven't got around to playing what I have. LNOE is taking up a bit of table time so having two of FFP games with all expansions is probably enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert AMG
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering that there is a path leading out of the map of The Coast - there is possibility of creating additional map (on top of the three existing ones) - but following this logic - that would give us 6 boards... Number of cards will be comparable to Arkham horror and that is not a compliment
I am not sure if I want to play AtoE with 6 boards ... moving between them will be painful (unless 6th board is connected with the 1st) - however it's doable (like secret passage between 1st and 2nd board - similar things can be done for another 4...6 boards. But still. That would be kind of big (very epic if I may say so).
I think it's a very important moment of AtoE now - to decide how to develop the game. On the other hand - we have never heard what is the plan or at least idea - on where to go - how to develop the AtoE. However judging from FFP other products - there is nothing that we cannot already guess

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One interesting idea would be a half board set that follows along the top but only has 1 or 2 locations. Would keep the board from getting too massive.

FFP has always kept their plans pretty secret & they rarely interact on BGG. We usually don't know much about new product until after they are already at the printer. Heck, the web stuff usually shows up before anyone even knows about them! Also, they tend to cycle their games. We got a bunch of stuff for ATOE so I expect we won't see anymore expansions for a couple years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh J Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no more boards, it's a good size now, I feel like anymore boards would be too much.

However, I don't want to see the game abandoned, I think there is plenty of life left in it. I'd like to see card expansions that add to the expansion boards, I have the web exclusives, all big box and hero packs as well, and Shadow Brook now has very large location decks, where as Lake Echo and the Coast are small in comparison. Another idea might be, a Villains pack? More villains, cards and adventures would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Leonhard
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a thought that it might be cool to do a big board expansion in which the new board is a mansion--perhaps an extension of "The Manor". The rooms of the mansion are blank and filled in as investigators explore.

Also would like to see an expansion that offers new dimensions to the Villain and the investigators' ability to get him. I was thinking that investigators could spend investigation to purchase "back story" cards concerning the Villain. The cards have flavor text saying where the Villain came from, what his motivation is, etc., but the back story cards also provide the investigators die roll modifiers that help them combat the Villain, its minions, or the Shadow Track.

Might also consider having an investigator that is a ghost from the past that is helping the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robert Leonhard wrote:
I had a thought that it might be cool to do a big board expansion in which the new board is a mansion--perhaps an extension of "The Manor". The rooms of the mansion are blank and filled in as investigators explore.

I was thinking along similar lines but for a City stand alone expansion. Just as Timber Peak has taken LNOE out into the hills and forests, a City board for ATOE could use the existing Heroes and Villians.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
One interesting idea would be a half board set that follows along the top but only has 1 or 2 locations. Would keep the board from getting too massive.

FFP has always kept their plans pretty secret & they rarely interact on BGG. We usually don't know much about new product until after they are already at the printer. Heck, the web stuff usually shows up before anyone even knows about them! Also, they tend to cycle their games. We got a bunch of stuff for ATOE so I expect we won't see anymore expansions for a couple years.

Great idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like another big board expansion with the idea in mind that you do not necessarily need to use them all at one time. I often play with the Shadowbrook board and either the Coast or Echo Lake boards, depending on my mood. With that in mind, I think a mansion or city board would be great! The more the variety the better!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IF they were to follow suite with LNOE, the next expansion would be an "expandalone" - an expansion that is a 2nd base set all it's own that may or may not be played alongside the original base set.

I'm thinking the hint of "The Lost Colony" would be perfect for such a project: another (deserted) town that could be used in place of Shadowbrook, or combined with any/all the other sets.

That said, I'm good with whatever they come out with: Big Box, Hero Packs, Web Exclusives, if it's good, I'll take it!
---MS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I voted for Big Box, but I would also like to see several more Hero Packs and small card packs like the web expansions.

I'm less interested in a new stand-alone game, although I would still buy it.

I'm surprised at the number of people picking the "Nothing" response. I might expect it from the website at large, but within this specific forum, I thought hardly anyone would choose that answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubric wrote:
I'm surprised at the number of people picking the "Nothing" response. I might expect it from the website at large, but within this specific forum, I thought hardly anyone would choose that answer.

I guess I'm finally satisfied with the game. Sometimes endless expansions can get overwhelming and it's nice to finally say it's done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see a Web Expansion or a Kickstarter to issue FIXED versions of the game cards so I don't have to look up errata in several different places to figure out what a card was supposed to mean.

Other than that, I suppose an expansion that adds more cards to the expansion location decks would be good. We really don't need more Windmill, Manor, Old Woods, and Abandoned Keep cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob T
United States
Mantua (near Woodbury)
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1932f20 wrote:
I love Flying Frog's games and AToE is my favorite! I would like to see possibly a mini expansion with a smaller board to fit on the top side of the Coast board... a person's table is only so big. I also would love to see a card only expansion with more cards for all the decks as well as new cards such as quests, more hauntings, or other new mechanics.

I would love to see them do a game similar to AtoE but with a western theme. How cool would that be!!

Flying Frog-style Western theme is an awesome idea! With their artwork it'd be amazing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
How about a printed version of all their web-only releases, like the Dryad?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hill
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmb
Robert Leonhard wrote:
Might also consider having an investigator that is a ghost from the past that is helping the others.

Interesting that you think this isn't already the case...but, perhaps I've said too much.

-Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Always fights with Spirit...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert AMG
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoth Amon wrote:
1932f20 wrote:
I love Flying Frog's games...

Flying Frog-style Western theme is an awesome idea! With their artwork it'd be amazing!

Wild Wild West style - steampunk graphics in the wild west scenery - using FFP skills = must buy !
FFP - hear us out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Rubric wrote:

I guess I'm finally satisfied with the game. Sometimes endless expansions can get overwhelming and it's nice to finally say it's done.

That makes one of us.

jchill7 wrote:
Robert Leonhard wrote:

Interesting that you think this isn't already the case...but, perhaps I've said too much.

-Jason

Jason, you tease. laugh

Wulf Corbett wrote:
Always fights with Spirit...

Great minds think alike.

Amazing how that one little nudge starts the mind spinning with possibilities...can't wait to get her in play again now...

Which gets me to thinking, ghost from the past...her village destroyed...The Lost Colony? surprise

I love you FFP.modestlaugh
---MS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
A wild west game would be fun. Another possibility - Super Heroes seem to be hot at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of a stand alone game that is a castle or manor to explore. Different rooms can have their own powers or deck of cards. Ffg did it with Mansions of Madness, and we have that Ravenloft game.

Jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.