Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a new entry in our Designing Games: A Couple's Perspective blog. It's about our first game design and the lessons learned from it.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/18829/first-game-desig...

Would love to know about other people's first game designs and what was learned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
my first game Aether Captains was an experience mainly in math. how to balance each side of each die with the damage vs ability. it was also a very good lesson in rules writing and diagrams for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dumarest123 wrote:
my first game Aether Captains was an experience mainly in math. how to balance each side of each die with the damage vs ability. it was also a very good lesson in rules writing and diagrams for me

Those are very good lessons to learn. Thanks for sharing! Do you plan to try to publish the game, or leave it as a PnP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the game is being assessed by a publisher yes. i am not at all interested in self publishing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dumarest123 wrote:
the game is being assessed by a publisher yes. i am not at all interested in self publishing

Fair enough. I hope it goes well!

We're only interested in self-publishing as far as Game Crafter. At that point, we'll take the "finished" product and start seeing if anyone is interested in publishing it on a larger scale. But we'll never do our own Kickstarter or become a publisher ourselves. Just interested in designing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.