Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that the game has been out a year how is it holding up with your group, did you sell it or trade it off? Do you look forwarding to playing it again because it's so rewarding? I am wanting to get the game but have read some complaints it gets old fast but I guess one could say that about any game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still works great for us, usually it's our last game of the night because by 2 AM we're all slap happy and in the mood for some over the top storytelling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Reitz
Germany
Mayen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Now that the game has been out a year ...

Just to correct that, the game was released in December 2012, so it is on the market for about 4 months now.
The Kickstarter campaign was ending in March 2012 (that was a year ago).

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had the game since January and have played it 4 times. Will play it many more times. Really enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JASON MAXWELL
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Thomas for your question.

The game was designed to be replayable - otherwise I wouldn't have written such a huge encounter book. Also there is an expansion in the works which will add more replayability.

Jason
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
enditen wrote:
Thanks Thomas for your question.

The game was designed to be replayable - otherwise I wouldn't have written such a huge encounter book. Also there is an expansion in the works which will add more replayability.

Jason

Thanks for the reply Jason, obviously the encounter book is the big appeal to me, I was just looking for some user feedback. I just scored a copy of the game and should have it Monday.

Any word on an eta for the expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Now that the game has been out a year how is it holding up with your group, did you sell it or trade it off? Do you look forwarding to playing it again because it's so rewarding? I am wanting to get the game but have read some complaints it gets old fast but I guess one could say that about any game.

I still own and really enjoy the game. I was a kickstarter backer and did get the book of encounters though. I imagine if I was playing using the encounter cards only the replay value might have been diminished but the book is fantastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing with the Book of Encounters is a must... I've played a good number of times solo, 2p and 5p and rarely hit repeat encounters... Even then the pass fail depends on skills and dice rolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.