tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
In the spirit of neutral cubes, I would say NO, but I can't find any reference in the rules.

Regards,

Jim

Est. 1949

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, two clues suggest that the answer to your question is negative:

(i) when placing a cube on POSSESSION card, the person doing it must decide which meeple will be freed - who shall decide for the neutral player? Besides, grey can't place any meeple on this card (he/she/it doesn't have any personal reserve, influence and can't decide which meeple should be placed there)

(ii) if neutral cube could have any effect on the possessed meeples, this information would be included in the rule book

BtW, we play this card a little differently. POSSESSION is triggered every turn it's present on the table, but one player can't have more than one (sometimes two) possessed meeples. That way the game is more difficult. If you have plenty of influence you can try to block countering this card. If you want not to loose a meeple every turn, you are determined to counter this card as quick as possible.

EDIT: to be clear, my way of playing POSSESSION (event is triggered every turn) is just a variant! The official way is to trigger this event during one turn only (=the turn when it appears). Thanks Todd!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gardner
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not confident it's re-triggered every turn -- is there an FAQ or how do others play it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.