Ed Frew
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So how do those who've played it reckon using Arryn as a 7th player house for the base game would work out? Terribly, or maybe worth a try?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willett
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, without their own components, it would be real tough to play Arryn in a 7 player game. That said, Assuming they print blue plastic pieces in order to put them into it, I still don't think it would work very well. Beyond influence tracks and other adjustments that would have to be made, Arryn focuses on getting power in order to complete their House Objective. Without that, they don't have much. Honestly, in the bubble they start in, they only have the one castle, and when that is what matters to the scoring, I doubt it would work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw some people on Polish forum tried it online with changed map - Narrow Sea splitted, new port, more castles, barrels, crowns around Arryn.
Without it it would be completely unplayable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vitaly Bogdanov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mb
We play with Arrens if we collect 7 peoples.
No problem.
But in this case game is little unbalanced... Martells and Tyrrells have advantage...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjan Ang
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaaahw, really dissapointed the expansion doesn't come with blue units. I understand they aren't necessary but unfortunate nevertheless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Donderwolk wrote:
Aaaahw, really dissapointed the expansion doesn't come with blue units. I understand they aren't necessary but unfortunate nevertheless.

Attendees say us that it may not be their final decision
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Willett
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Radziol wrote:
Donderwolk wrote:

Attendees say us that it may not be their final decision

Yeah, there are still a good amount of FFG folks that are pushing for full Arryn components. It would certainly be nice, but it would drive costs up.

I said they should make a component pack for them so it would be optional, but I'm no businessman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Hortness
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Arryn components. I would buy them in a heartbeat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Steylaerts
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If any of the FFG people are reading this; I'd buy a full set of Arryn components without a moment's hesitation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Sing
msg tools
ND3G wrote:

Ditto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armin Penner
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
me too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Burton
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
mbmbmbmbmb
Walkka wrote:
ND3G wrote:

Ditto

Me three...or me seventeen. Whatever number we're up to now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Twain
msg tools
ND3G wrote:

YES!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Daly
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
ND3G wrote:

Same!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chounpanh
Canada
Unspecified
Ontario
flag msg tools
sudden_rus wrote:
We play with Arrens if we collect 7 peoples.
No problem.
But in this case game is little unbalanced... Martells and Tyrrells have advantage...

Wow, did you make that to replace what's on the board? Do you use that for this 4player expansion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hall
United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me 64!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Man
msg tools
I played a 4 player game using this Arryn overlay to make them viable, oddly enough we like the "Rumble in the South" variant (Baratheon, Lannister, Tyrell, Martell) so we stuck with that theme, trading out the Baratheons for Arryn.

We all thought it was balanced and both games were even throughout the game, although we changed the tracks around to even things out.

The tracks were: MATL, then LATM, then TLMA, and seemed to work well. Although the first game we tried to make less changes to the track and our northern boarder of Seaguard was used only as another access point to the Arryns, removing the stronghold, barrel, and crown.

The second game we made the above changes to the tracks and made Seaguard complete with its printed assets. I was Lannisters both times and narrowly won a tie with the Arryns in the 2nd game by having that 3rd stronghold, so perhaps a downgrade to a castle is in order, although being in close proximity to the Arryns and Tyrells is a natural disadvantage from the start, (Tyrells have the same disadvantage, so we tried giving them and the Lannisters a slight advantage on the tracks).

All in all it was fun and balanced for all players, but next time we might close off Dorne and use the Starks instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colleen Hysell
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the geek in me but I don't think "The Vale Sea" is a real term. It would be better to draw the red line further west, encompassing the Three Sisters and call it "The Bite". Also using the official graphics for the Arryn sigil would let the cards match the icon.

This is a great idea though!!

I would also buy pink pieces and parts for House Bolton. kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pyetya
msg tools
mb

This is my version of the Vale (if anyone is able to make sth like this but prettier - I will be grateful). I intend to use it on my 7pl game.

The goal is to give Arryn recruit points (4), 3 stars (2 raidable) and 4 barrels, from which one can be contested by Stark. Baratheon will be forced to go for barrels to Blackwater, since Bloody Gate has a star.

I think Arryn should move after Bara and Stark but before GJ, should have 3 stars after Lannister and be lowest on sword track (KC track: LA***, AR***, ST**, BA **, MA *, TY, GJ. Starting units: Eyrie: KN, FM; Vale Sea: SH; Fingers: FM.

If anyone has any suggestions for better balance - I will be grateful.

BTW - I love this game devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.