Victory at Sea» Forums » News

Subject: Victory at Sea RTS for IOS and Android rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Captain Porridge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi all,

As you may have seen in the News section we are turning Victory At Sea strategy battle game for IOS and Android and wanted to get the best bits out of the game and onto the screen!

Some people have suggested keeping it turn based but I kind of felt that as Naval Battles are quite slow anyway a Real Time Strategy would work?

We are aiming for a kickstarter bid in May but felt there was no time like the present to get the ball rolling as well as start chatting to the most important people regrading this people who, like us, play it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, that is a toughie. The miniatures game is "turn based" so making it an RTS just seems like it is a different game with the same name.

I have yet to play a RTS naval combat game that I enjoyed, because naval battle games in real time are not as much fun as I want them to be. Too much sitting around waiting for something to happen then the action starts and then one of the ships sinks or blows up.

I say make it turn based or if you do go the RTS mode, please implement a system that allows the user to pause the game and relay orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Porridge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
martimer wrote:
Hmmm, that is a toughie. The miniatures game is "turn based" so making it an RTS just seems like it is a different game with the same name.

I have yet to play a RTS naval combat game that I enjoyed, because naval battle games in real time are not as much fun as I want them to be. Too much sitting around waiting for something to happen then the action starts and then one of the ships sinks or blows up.

I say make it turn based or if you do go the RTS mode, please implement a system that allows the user to pause the game and relay orders.

Now that is an idea! Pause game to relay orders, I do like that one. Funny how something so obvious would bring the 2 worlds together. Our one concern with doing a straight conversion is that the tabletop game is so good that we want to bring something to the... table! (sorry about the un, I'm so sorry!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Puns are fine with me.

Now, had you said that you wanted to brig something to the tablet I might have laughed a little more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Porridge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Oh no! I can't think of any more If you're interested here is the link to the Kickstarter. Launched just now! I am interested as much in the approach as anything else as this is our first KS bid!
[geekurl=http://kck.st/10rMmly]KickStarter page[/geekurl]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.