Popular Tags: [View All]
Stewart Pilling
United Kingdom
Worsley
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I spotted this at my local game shop and although I was tempted to pick it up, but with so many unplayed games I resisted the temptation. I'd not heard much about it before it was released and turned up in the shop.

Then I turn up to another games club that I go to and saw someone with it keen to get it on the table. It ends up being a 5 player game with all 5 of us new to the game. We may have been playing some rules wrong as the rule reading was a little rushed.

It is primarily a pick up and deliver game. There is a semi-random allocation of dice to the 5 towns of the board, these are rolled once at the start of the game and this is the value of a certain product, indicated by the colour of the dice, if there is no dice of a good colour at that town, then you can sell the good you want to but has a default value of 1. The dice rolls were all low apart from a couple of 5's and a 6. You will have a starting order given to you, showing 1 good at each of the 5 villages, you need to do this by the end of the game to get the points indicated on the card, mine was 30. Think they all were 30 though!

On your turn you get 3 actions, there are only about 4 different actions you can do, but there are so many options that you can do with the actions. There are several different ways to get points (or Lira) in the game.

There are 3 different harvest spaces where you can pick up a variety of items. You use cards to pick items that are available at that space. You can have 4 items (or cubes) on your wagon. You can then drop them off at the 5 different villages, one action is to deliver as many products as you want that you have on board at that village, which then go onto your own board, showing what goods you have delivered to which village. When you deliver a total of 8 goods to one village you can't deliver any more. If you are the first person to deliver 8 goods to that specific village you get a bonus token between 8 and 12 points.

The main way to get points is to pick up delivery cards that are face up at the side of the board. They show a certain good at a certain location, you pick up one of the cards if you have the goods at the locations that are on the card on your board. You will also get a bonus card in your hand that you can make during the game that you don't declare until the end of the game, like your starting order.

All in all it was a good game. There was enough different about it from other pick up and deliver games to have me going 'hmmmm, might have to get that game'. The only bad things I thought about the game was about the production of the game. The game itself is very good. Am keen to play it again.

There is not much player interaction going on in this game. I don't mind this, personally, but I some people prefer lots of interaction, if this is the case you might be better playing something else.

Good points:
5 new players, took 2 hours including rules. After another play this will be drastically reduced.
Enough indepth decisions to be made.
No run away leader aspect to worry about.
Different enough from others to feel new and interesting
Varying set up means it will play differently depending upon the dice rolls at the start of the game.

Bad Points:
Colours of player markers
scoring track on edge of board is garish
Wagons are too big for the board
Item symbols on delivery cards are too small
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Soot Sprite
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darkskies wrote:
You will have a starting order given to you, showing 1 good at each of the 5 villages, you need to do this by the end of the game to get the points indicated on the card, mine was 30. Think they all were 30 though!

I believe that all starting orders are worth "30 - ?". To calculate its worth, add up the value of each good as listed in that village by the dice, and subact that score from 30 for the total.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stewart Pilling
United Kingdom
Worsley
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah yes, we all made the starting orders, so we all avoided any penalty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
darkskies wrote:
Ah yes, we all made the starting orders, so we all avoided any penalty.

It's not a penalty, each starting order is worth a different amount because of how the dice turned out when rolled. If you give everyone 30, you're making it unfair.

Otherwise, a player gets too many points from his starting order. He's already getting more points for delivering where a high dice item is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.