United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not hard to lay your hands on a copy of Police Precinct here in the United States (and really all of North America).

Also, if you are in the EU, it's getting easier now too...

but...

What about other parts of the world?

Even in the EU, it will take a while to build-up the number of stores that carry the game. CMG and BNW are determined to get to this point, and with your help, we will.

Some of you might be saying...

This is all well-and-good for North America and the EU, what about...

Asia, Australia, South America, Africa, New Zealand, etc.?

We really feel like there is a need for something to fill the gap.

With this in mind...

We here at CMG are happy to announce that starting today...

Our Beta program, which started with a small-handful of folks from England, will now ramp-up to include ALL of England and the rest of the world to follow shortly thereafter.

This program involves a direct and close relationship with an organization here in the USA who specializes in, among other things, meeting the needs of serious game collectors all over the world.

Our strategic partnership with this organization will allow us to be able to bring to you Police Precinct in an affordable way.

The key to this affordability factor is the idea of grouping games that you like and want now with your desire for Police Precinct.

Price = $50.95 USD (plus applicable shipping, etc.)

Details here...

http://www.commonman.com/international-shipments/

The way this will work is...

We will be forwarding CLS emails from those of you who have already signed-up for our Update List. (DONE)

First we need to finish the English List (DONE), then we will circle the globe from there. (DONE)

If you are on this list, we (CMG) will (did) send you an email asking if you want to move forward. At that point you can opt out if you so desire.

There is no cost or obligation to being on the list or participation in this program (except of course if you decide to buy games).

Note that...

It's NOT too late to get involved.

If you're not on the list yet (or if you're not sure if you're on the list), you can...

Contact us directly!

When you do this, all you need to say is...

"Please have CLS contact me about possibly buying Police Precinct in ____" or something like that. (fill in the blank with the name of your country)

Once you do this, we will then...

Pass on the email to CLS.

Email us at...

Sales@commonman.com

Thanks!!!!

Karl

Karl Fenner, Director
Common Man Games
Denver, CO USA
karl@commonman.com
www.commonman.com

(PS - this post has been updated since going up originally to reflect the fact that we are now finished with contacting those on our Update List about this particular program, sssssooooo.... If you thought you were on our Update List and did not hear about this and want to... Please let us know)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking good...and praise to Karl for his continued attempts/efforts to get this game beyond US shores.

(although still running the usual custom/import duty risks... hey ho)

Edit: after further clarification below options for UK people seems to be

1. Source from US @ 50.95 plus shipping (which we know is painful thanks to UPS, USPS et al). So might be looking at say $100-110 (or c.£72) For those in the UK there is also potential customs/admin costs to pick up.

2. Source via the EU route. This is priced at estimated Euro55 to Euro60 (rounded) - although looking at the comparison to US discounted price I am wondering whether this properly reflects local VAT. However ignoring that for the moment, with more reasonable shipping costs say Euro20, we have a cost of Euro80 (£69), BUT importantly no/little customs exposure bringing it into the UK.

So still looking like an "expensive" purchase either way. Perhaps it is time for another trip to the States?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, you are trying to get your game into more peoples hands. I got my copy on a trip to the US. Still did not get it out to play though

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Common Man Games wrote:
Price = $50.95 USD

Details here...

I think I don't completely understand the special advantage here. Basically you say "Buy for 50,95 with CLS and combine with other games on their list to save on shipping per item". Isn't this what we normally already do when buying games from other countries?

That said, I'd love to see Police Precinct in Brazilian shops. I know it will never happen, but still. And I'd love to get my hands on a copy some day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vargen666 wrote:
Common Man Games wrote:
Price = $50.95 USD

Details here...

I think I don't completely understand the special advantage here. Basically you say "Buy for 50,95 with CLS and combine with other games on their list to save on shipping per item". Isn't this what we normally already do when buying games from other countries?

That said, I'd love to see Police Precinct in Brazilian shops. I know it will never happen, but still. And I'd love to get my hands on a copy some day.

Ah this is a good question. I read the $50.95 as the all in shipped cost.. and if you went for additional games there was good pricing on incremental shipping cost..but perhaps its not that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vargen666 wrote:
Common Man Games wrote:
Price = $50.95 USD

Details here...

Hi Arjen!

I too hope that we can figure out a way to get it into your favorite local store in Brazil!

Great idea!!!

To your question, I would say...

It's not necessarily different than what you already do, but it is very different than what we have been offering to do for our overseas customers with regard to Police Precinct. until today, we were offering the game to overseas customers for $110 USD.

We hope that when people come to our site looking for Police Precinct, they fine a nice solution. That is what we feel CLS is offering.

The other thing people will get with this offer is 3 of the Mad Men Cards for free. I don't think you will find that anywhere else except via BNW in the EU.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boom04 wrote:
Vargen666 wrote:
Common Man Games wrote:
Price = $50.95 USD

Details here...

Ah this is a good question. I read the $50.95 as the all in shipped cost.. and if you went for additional games there was good pricing on incremental shipping cost..but perhaps its not that.

Hi Dicky!

Just to be clear...

MSRP is $59.99 USD

That is the amount we sell it for here in the USA.

We are discounting it to our overseas customers via CLS.

CLS does charge shipping to send games all over the world.

The cost of the shipping is based on location and weight, etc.

The best way to handle these sorts of shipments is to buy more less often. By doing this (grouping your orders) it saves quite a bit on shipping costs per game.

Police Precinct, fortunately and unfortunately, is a heavy game.

This fact, makes it very attractive to group with other games (to keep freight costs per game reasonable).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Common Man Games wrote:
Vargen666 wrote:
Common Man Games wrote:
Price = $50.95 USD

Details here...

Hi Arjen!

I too hope that we can figure out a way to get it into your favorite local store in Brazil!

Great idea!!!

To your question, I would say...

It's not necessarily different than what you already do, but it is very different than what we have been offering to do for our overseas customers with regard to Police Precinct. until today, we were offering the game to overseas customers for $110 USD.

We hope that when people come to our site looking for Police Precinct, they fine a nice solution. That is what we feel CLS is offering.

The other thing people will get with this offer is 3 of the Mad Men Cards for free. I don't think you will find that anywhere else except via BNW in the EU.

Ah yes, it makes a difference compared to buying directly from you.
I've never dealt with CLS, but I've seen their listings from time to time. Maybe I'll get some stuff from them sometime. But asking for a shipping quote to Brazil is always scary and they don't have an automatic shipping calculator. I usually go with the shop who offers the cheapest combined item(s) + shipping price.

I don't have any local shops unfortuntately. Boardgaming is very small here in Brazil (and expensive due to 60% import tax). I really hope this will change some day.

But anyway, it's awesome to see you trying to spread the game worldwide! It really looks like fun, and I'll difinitely pick it up some day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dicky P
United Kingdom
West
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Common Man Games wrote:
Boom04 wrote:
Vargen666 wrote:
Common Man Games wrote:
Price = $50.95 USD

Details here...

Hi Dicky!

Just to be clear...

MSRP is $59.99 USD

That is the amount we sell it for here in the USA.

We are discounting it to our overseas customers via CLS.

CLS does charge shipping to send games all over the world.

The cost of the shipping is based on location and weight, etc.

The best way to handle these sorts of shipments is to buy more less often. By doing this (grouping your orders) it saves quite a bit on shipping costs per game.

Police Precinct, fortunately and unfortunately, is a heavy game.

This fact, makes it very attractive to group with other games (to keep freight costs per game reasonable).

Thanks for the clarification. Now much clearer, to me at least..

Edit; I've updated my first post above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vargen666 wrote:

But anyway, it's awesome to see you trying to spread the game worldwide! It really looks like fun, and I'll difinitely pick it up some day.

Arjen!

Thanks for the encouraging words!

If you ever make it to the USA, try to swing through Denver, we can play a game or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Driske
Scotland
cardenden
fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it inclusively England, or do those in Scotland come into this list? Was hoping it was a UK thing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kevin!

Good question!

I believe that a Scotsman would be put on the "England" List.

So maybe it is better to call it a UK list.

The good news is that it won't take too terribly long before we get around to everyone in all locations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Driske
Scotland
cardenden
fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can sense I will have this game in my real possession soon, argh!! the excitement.

Now if only Agents of SMERSH was going through a similar process, but that's another story..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin,

Did you know that there might end up being a connection between the two games?

(it's top secret right now)

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willy Adam
United Kingdom
Co. Down
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Karl,

I would also like to be IN on your List for shipping to the UK. You can pass on the info to CLS as I'd like to know what kind of shipping would they offer for multiple games (including Police Precinct).

Many thanks and good luck with the wider distribution of your game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Driske
Scotland
cardenden
fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Common Man Games wrote:
Kevin,

whistle

Holy cow!! I think I'm going to explode now wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
locherbread wrote:
Common Man Games wrote:
Kevin,

whistle

Alright Kevin...

Just to REALLY drive you insane...

I will tell you that...

There might be Multiple connections between Police Precinct and Flash Point.

(top secret once again)

Go ahead and explode now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rathmourne wrote:
Hi Karl,

I would also like to be IN on your List for shipping to the UK. You can pass on the info to CLS as I'd like to know what kind of shipping would they offer for multiple games (including Police Precinct).

Many thanks and good luck with the wider distribution of your game!

Hi Willy!!!

As for CLS, I think they will be pretty busy with this process for a while.

But...

I will make sure they follow-up with you at some point.

YES!

They will be able to customize a plan for your needs.

I'll leave it to them to address the details on that with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Driske
Scotland
cardenden
fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Common Man Games wrote:
locherbread wrote:
Common Man Games wrote:
Kevin,

whistle

Alright Kevin...

Just to REALLY drive you insane...

I will tell you that...

There might be Multiple connections between Police Precinct and Flash Point.

(top secret once again)

Go ahead and explode now!

Too late exploded some time ago, temporarily back together again, though about to go explode again after receiving a delightful email
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Reuter
Germany
NRW
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While we prefer the game to be bought from brick and mortar stores. One has to admit that there are abandoned regions :-(

Brave New World Distribution also ships to retail customers directly. EU-Shipping costs outside Germany are 12,90 Euros incl. VAT

If your preferred store does not carry the game you can order it from info@bravenewworld.biz

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DerDiplomat wrote:
While we prefer the game to be bought from brick and mortar stores. One has to admit that there are abandoned regions :-(

Brave New World Distribution also ships to retail customers directly. EU-Shipping costs outside Germany are 12,90 Euros incl. VAT

If your preferred store does not carry the game you can order it from info@bravenewworld.com

Thanks

Great!!!

BNW has The EU covered!!!!

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

But...

If you want Police Precinct to be more available in your part of the world, please...

Remember, it's still a great idea to let us know your favorite store, so that Carsten can help that store know of this demand, thus building the number of stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
peregrine nicholls
England
malmesbury
wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in Karl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Peregrine!

I got your email.

Thanks!!!

Do you have a favorite game store in The UK?

If so, what is it?

In addition to CLS trying to help you, BNW will also try to help you in a couple of different ways.

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

One of those ways is trying to ensure that your favorite store carries Police Precinct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
peregrine nicholls
England
malmesbury
wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Karl

I have no bricks & mortar store near me, there are very few here in the UK, so I buy most of games online. IMHO the best online board game retailer in the UK is Gameslore.com. They are bloody efficient, and always keen on price. I am sure if you contacted them they would buy multiple trade copies of PP for UK distribution.

Cheers

Peregrine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pjn789 wrote:
Hi Karl

I have no bricks & mortar store near me, there are very few here in the UK, so I buy most of games online. IMHO the best online board game retailer in the UK is Gameslore.com. They are bloody efficient, and always keen on price. I am sure if you contacted them they would buy multiple trade copies of PP for UK distribution.

Cheers

Peregrine

I'll get right on this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.