Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Would any of you lucky enough to buy an extra bag of chips before HBG sold out be willing to sell a few of your chips? I would like to buy 10 light red and 10 light blue chips for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hakstege
Netherlands
Aalten
Achterhoek
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well Stanley,

If I ever get them, I will send you some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I want (to play) them all, and I want (to play) them now!
badge
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen at least one auction on eBay of A&A 1914-style chips, so I would suggest trying there next. Just a suggestion.

-M_R

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't do ebay. It seems like that must be where all the chip horders must have gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Forhan
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Tangential question: will A&A WW1 chips stack well with chips from other A&A games? Are all A&A chips the same style?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, 1914 WWI chips are smaller and have different ridging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andy.rice@att.net wrote:

...just to make things 'special'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
andy.rice@att.net wrote:

How do they taste?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rice
United States
LIHUE
HI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinda artificial - and not enough salt!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troi anni
msg tools
songbird wrote:
Tangential question: will A&A WW1 chips stack well with chips from other A&A games? Are all A&A chips the same style?

most people using a&a 1914 are already axis and allies gamers, so my (apparently, by group vote) brilliant idea was to have one side use blue chips (light and dark) as single unit markers and red chips (light and dark) as 5pc markers. The other side then used chips from the old games, with a gray for 1pc, and a red for 5pc. Because we have one of the old games, and Germany and the UK were the only countries that ever ran out of pieces, we just substituted in UK and GER infantry pieces. They still look similar enough to recognize as the country they're intended to be for.

We also used $ from the old games. Some members in our group just find the game that much easier to do with dollar pieces.

EDIT: the only big problem you'll run into is on the western front. Just be very careful with that, since you'll easily knock over pieces and if you have a ton then that becomes a headache and people will make honest mistakes, and one side suddenly has a lot more artillery and less infantry or w/e. This became a big issue for us when I was playing the allies and France/UK pushed into Ruhr and Kiel.

To solve this, I would recommend using territory pads. In some of the older versions (if you have them), they had markers that had a 1, 2, 3, 4... on them, and then square cards you could place on the side of the board to indicate units in that space. It solves the headache on the western front, but we didn't have those so we just made sure to remember where the fight was and, wherever it was (mostly in Ruhr or Kiel for us) we moved the allied troops to Norway and the central troops to Sweden, though in hindsight we should have found some kind of a corresponding marker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.