Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
McKinley Hamby
United States
Charles Town
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So how long does it take to get a game added to the data base? I have had a submission wait about 3 weeks now.

Also I looked to see if I could find any threads on this topic, didn't find any, Not that it's not there, but I did look.

McK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
Three weeks is quite long. The current submission list is only two pages. (Make sure your game is actually listed there, so you know that it's at least submitted okay, and is still in the queue.)
My best guess is that you haven't been able to add all the desired information about the game, so that an admin is needing to spend extra time if they can somehow find this information themselves - particularly if it'll determine suitability for inclusion (has this game ever been published at all? what's it about?) - if that's the case, and the information can't easily be found by the admins, one of the them will eventually contact you with a request for more information, but that can take quite a bit of time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
goodtimebyall wrote:
So how long does it take to get a game added to the data base? I have had a submission wait about 3 weeks now.

Also I looked to see if I could find any threads on this topic, didn't find any, Not that it's not there, but I did look.

McK

Your item has been on hold because it is a fringe case and I'm not exactly sure how to proceed. What you are adding calls for a split of the existing Ogre into a separate entry because "What makes this version so unique is that it uses plastic stands for the all of the counters. The map is mounted." And I'm not really certain how to resolve this or whether this is something that should be separated.

Your commentary of "This version of Ogre deserves it own entry in the database because it is distinctly different version of this classic (IMHO) game that has been released. First, it is currently the only version with a mounted map board. Second, it is super sized." also doesn't really make it clear. I see the point about this being stand-alone because it's not compatible with other versions, but I'm not entirely sure that is the best case for crafting a split.

Splits are not something to tread on lightly since they are a PITA of work to notify users to change their collection information, and then to separate and move information from the game entry.

Also started a thread in the Ogre entry polling about the viability of this split -- http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/12050484#12050484
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skelebone wrote:
Also started a thread in the Ogre entry polling about the viability of this split -- http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/12050484#12050484

I went there looking for a poll and was surprised to not find one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
curtc wrote:

Polling as cultivating user opinions rather than selecting from a predetermined list of responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skelebone wrote:
curtc wrote:

Polling as cultivating user opinions rather than selecting from a predetermined list of responses.

Well, yeah, I was able to conclude that. Perhaps a poll would get at the raw data more effectively, including voices from people who read but don't post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
curtc wrote:
Well, yeah, I was able to conclude that. Perhaps a poll would get at the raw data more effectively, including voices from people who read but don't post.

I'm not just looking for a simple majority opinion of which way to handle the item -- I'm looking for actual reasoned opinions on what users think of the entry and the potential for splitting it out, and why the entry should or should not be split.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.