Reuben
Ireland
Kilcullen
Kildare
flag msg tools
mb
I know the rules state that the game ends when there are not enough cards for the Path to be replaced but wouldn't this thematically mean that all the players should lose the game as they have not defeated the arch-enemies?

The Lurtz impossible mode uses the main deck as a timer in a similar manner (except he destroys a card each turn) but surely it would be a good way to force the players to play like the Fellowship?

I still want there to be an overall winner but the threat of everyone losing sounds great to keep us on our toes! Would this mess up the playing of the game? I've heard that less players means you play through the deck faster but I've no experience of this.

That would mean that it would be easier to play with more players, which fits thematically. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Babel
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
More players should mean you run through the deck faster (since more people are buying things). I've only played 2 player but we tend to get through a good portion of the deck (maybe 1/3). The rules are the game ends but I think a house rule of the players lose is fine, especially thematically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
reubenagain wrote:
I know the rules state that the game ends when there are not enough cards for the Path to be replaced but wouldn't this thematically mean that all the players should lose the game as they have not defeated the arch-enemies?

The Lurtz impossible mode uses the main deck as a timer in a similar manner (except he destroys a card each turn) but surely it would be a good way to force the players to play like the Fellowship?

I still want there to be an overall winner but the threat of everyone losing sounds great to keep us on our toes! Would this mess up the playing of the game? I've heard that less players means you play through the deck faster but I've no experience of this.

That would mean that it would be easier to play with more players, which fits thematically. Thoughts?

Should be fine to play that way for a bit more co-op!

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reuben
Ireland
Kilcullen
Kildare
flag msg tools
mb
Perfect, my best friend loves co-op games but my wife only wants to play if she can beat someone - and this game will keep both of them happy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.