33 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: zombivor rules posted yet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Twisted Remorse
msg tools
Not sure if they were posted anywhere and I missed it, but does anyone know where I could find a post on the rules for zombivor?

My group is getting together tomorrow and we want to try it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Wr
United States
North Port
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Twisted Remorse wrote:
Not sure if they were posted anywhere and I missed it, but does anyone know where I could find a post on the rules for zombivor?

My group is getting together tomorrow and we want to try it out.

I cant remember all the details.
I seem to recall the following:
They dont get the free action upgrade at yellow.
But they do take more wounds to kill?

They had new skills as well that alive survivors dont.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you go to the Guillotine Games Facebook Page you can check out some of the Zombivor dashboards along with their rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José Cepero
Belgium
Deurne
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if it sounds like a silly question, but if I understand correctly, you team up as a living human with zombie teammembers to kill out zombies? Sounds so odd to me unless the zombivors are recently bitten by zombies but still partly human before they totally change???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you turn into a zombivor during the match, so yes, you're a very recently bitten zombie.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, thematically it doesn't work at all but then most of their rules don't.

I think we may change it so that as soon as you become a Zombivor you have to try and kill the living players. Maybe have the Zombivor come back every few turns after being killed to keep the player in the game and then, if the Zombivor activates on at turn then one of the zombie entry points won't spawn on that turn for balance. Not really sure as I haven't read the rules yet but that's just some ideas.

In any case, just another poorly thought out rules system from Zombicide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only if you're using the resurrection rules, you can start with Zombivors if you choose. It is a bit odd Jose. The fluff for them is that they've been bitten but retained some of their personality. But I am just going to have them as being recently bitten and trying to do their best to help their friends before inevitable death comes in my mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magic Pink wrote:

Oh my god, yes most of their rules do work thematically (because theme can be argued either way). If you seem to hate the game so much why do you play it or come on to boards to comment about it?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
Magic Pink wrote:

Oh my god, yes most of their rules do work thematically (because theme can be argued either way). If you seem to hate the game so much why do you play it or come on to boards to comment about it?!

Too much hate in the blood, gotta vent on the internetz dude!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously haven't played yet but I'm still favoring a house rule where Zombivors gain a wound at the end of their turn. Makes a cool thematic variant, and makes the zombivors much different to play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bigGameGeek wrote:
Obviously haven't played yet but I'm still favoring a house rule where Zombivors gain a wound at the end of their turn. Makes a cool thematic variant, and makes the zombivors much different to play

I think I will probably play around with the Zombivor rules once I've had a proper go of them too. I think that the Super-Heroic missions are going to be designed around using the Zombivors because of the extra wounds needed but I really like a mechanic where they may turn against the regular survivors, perhaps based on a set number of turns so that if you use resurrection rules so that you have to wade in with your character doing everything you can to help your mates out before you turn on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there are several interesting things that can be tried out with Zombivors turning into full-fledged zombies unexpectedly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Esquivel
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
I think I will probably play around with the Zombivor rules once I've had a proper go of them too. I think that the Super-Heroic missions are going to be designed around using the Zombivors because of the extra wounds needed but I really like a mechanic where they may turn against the regular survivors, perhaps based on a set number of turns so that if you use resurrection rules so that you have to wade in with your character doing everything you can to help your mates out before you turn on them.

My wife and I talked about this and had come up with an idea of only letting a Zombivor keep playing for a certain amount of turns. After that, the Zombivor figure would turn into a stronger zombie, perhaps with two actions per turn and two hit points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loophole Master wrote:
I think there are several interesting things that can be tried out with Zombivors turning into full-fledged zombies unexpectedly.

El_Squiv wrote:
My wife and I talked about this and had come up with an idea of only letting a Zombivor keep playing for a certain amount of turns. After that, the Zombivor figure would turn into a stronger zombie, perhaps with two actions per turn and two hit points.

Both great suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Esquivel
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Loophole Master wrote:

Maybe with the Zombivor player rolling a die at the end of each of his turns and with a roll of 1-2, lose control and turn into a full fledged zombie? THAT would definitely be cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
El_Squiv wrote:
Maybe with the Zombivor player rolling a die at the end of each of his turns and with a roll of 1-2, lose control and turn into a full fledged zombie? THAT would definitely be cool.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking. At the end of every Players' Phase, all Zombivors roll a die. On a "1" (fittingly a zombie icon in the custom dice) the character becomes a zombie and is activated normally in the Zombies' Phases. Not sure about the stats of the zombie version, though. Maybe 2 actions, Fatty-like resistance...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Esquivel
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Loophole Master wrote:
El_Squiv wrote:

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking. At the end of every Players' Phase, all Zombivors roll a die. On a "1" (fittingly a zombie icon in the custom dice) the character becomes a zombie and is activated normally in the Zombies' Phases. Not sure about the stats of the zombie version, though. Maybe 2 actions, Fatty-like resistance...

Exactly what I was thinking. I think it'd make for an interesting and thematic house rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe have them activate just for that turn and then go back to being a zombivor in the player turn? Some really good suggestions here though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Esquivel
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
Maybe have them activate just for that turn and then go back to being a zombivor in the player turn? Some really good suggestions here though.

Even that would be good to keep the player from being fully eliminated. BUT, how about if they turn into a feral zombie a second time, they stay that way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
El_Squiv wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:

Even that would be good to keep the player from being fully eliminated. BUT, how about if they turn into a feral zombie a second time, they stay that way?

You could do something based on experience - so that as they gain experience they're more likely to (a) turn, and (b) stay turned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
El_Squiv wrote:
jonahmaul wrote:

I like it. Not too hard to keep track off (just chuck a token on the character card first time it happens). Would depend on the group because I can imagine some people would be quite upset at finding out they couldn't play the game any more but if you are using resurrection rules then you should get a fair bit of play time and if you are playing with multiple survivors per player it becomes even less of an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if you die twice then I think you should be eliminated, I know people are put off with player elimination.

I'm not too keen on rolling a die for turning into a zombie, just because that is really chance-y to me. I think gaing a wound after your turn is a nice countdown and allows some people to hang around, or make desperate plunges into hordes if they are about to go. Then maybe simply replacing them with a runner.

Still I think this game is great because it is easy to adopt house rules without feeling like really "breaking" the game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Esquivel
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
My wife had a good suggestion that goes along with the "fully turned" idea. When the Zombivor finally fully turns, the player can keep controlling the character, but as a zombie. Give the feral Zombvivor two actions and two hit points, but have the player decide its actions rather than making it follow the rest of the zombie AI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Jørgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Loophole Master wrote:
El_Squiv wrote:

In the hostile vesion im currently working on, the zombivors also inflicts two damage since the model is armed. It will also make the zombivors much more feared..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Esquivel
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Greasygeek wrote:
Loophole Master wrote:
El_Squiv wrote:

In the hostile vesion im currently working on, the zombivors also inflicts two damage since the model is armed. It will also make the zombivors much more feared..

That's a fantastic idea. Now would this only melee damage? I really can't see a zombivor doing ranged damage.

It's kind of funny. I had always been opposed to the idea of house rules for any game... until I played Zombicide. Now here I am brainstorming variant house rules for the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.