Asaf Amit
Australia
flag msg tools
The gameplay is amazing, two-handed controls where you move the miniature freely with one hand and perform amazing attacks and manoeuvres using gestures with the other. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tablettop/planequest-whe...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would I want to hold a mini while playing an ipad game, especially if my other hand also has to also be on the screen. Sounds awkward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asaf Amit
Australia
flag msg tools
It opens up a really immersive gameplay, have a look at our short gameplay video http://tablettop.com/gameplay.html the miniatures is a control for moving quickly on the screen for attacking and taking cover - you can't achieve that level of control and speed with traditional virtual controls on a tablet. You can also switch quickly between characters (summon another champion) by just placing a different miniature (also a game character) on the screen and that character will spawn into play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
DO NOT CLICK HERE!
mbmbmbmbmb
So the mini acts as a directional virtual joystick? Couldn't we just do that with two fingers from the hand that would otherwise be holding the mini?

Does this game have naked ladies in it?

Naked men?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asaf Amit
Australia
flag msg tools
The game recognises each miniature by it's unique conductive base that's how it enables you to switch quickly between character just by placing them on the tablet, something you couldn't do just with your fingers. Also you can positon the miniature at any rotation, another thing your can't just represent with two fingers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
DO NOT CLICK HERE!
mbmbmbmbmb
So, you're telling me that no one gets naked?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
The concept sounds very interesting - particularly from a DnD perspective I can see it being neat, though this for me would rely on a virtual table set up.

This said:

1. Won't the figures scratch my screen?
2. I'd imagine that Ipads and similar sized devices are too small to play on a flat table service. Playing at an angle would increase the chances of me dropping the device or an uncomfortable position of having to hold the device and mini while also initiating attacks on the screen.

Overall I'd love to be at a convention with a demo of this but think you might struggle to hit your fund target without some way of letting users demo the software before they fund. Will it be possible to provide a demo of the software? I can easily believe that when it comes to virtual table tops this will be the future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Lau
Malaysia
Petaling jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No offense, but the tablet graphics looks primitive and ugly. Kinda reminds me of diablo 2 era graphics (circa 2001).

Can't you guys do a little something better? I have seen infinity blade on the iPad and your game graphics engine doesn't even come close to that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Clarkson
United States
Watertown
NEW YORK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
simpledamon wrote:
So, you're telling me that no one gets naked?

I guess that was a no...darn! Lol!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asaf Amit
Australia
flag msg tools
1. The material wont scratch your screen.
2. The intention is that you play with the tablet flat on a table, one of our milestones is to bing it to large tablets like the Lenovo IdeaCentre 27"

We would love to demo it too in a convention too and we are doing so to an extent locally. A demo would requires miniatures, just demoing the software won't help convey it.

We think it's the future too, help us fund it and you can hep bring this forward! With Kickstarter you pay nothing unless we reach our goal and you can change your mind at any time until then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asaf Amit
Australia
flag msg tools
Infinity Blade uses Unreal Engine 3 we use Unity3D which can produce similar results - we will obviously make it better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You had me at "amazing gameplay".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.