Game Wonders (fan expansion for 7 Wonders)» Forums » General

Subject: Possible other Wonders rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Long
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
I like many of the current wonders in this expansion and the mechanics on them. Didn't see any post yet on other games that could have some interesting wonders, so lets get one going!

Dark Souls - I thought of this one when I saw the Prince of Persia wonder. Its A and B side being dark then light reminded me of Anor Lando's light and dark possibilities.

Baulder's Gate - Candle Keep could be a iconic video game city for sure

Never Winter Nights - The city of Never Winter

Planescape Torment - Sigil the city of doors. If I weren't about to go to sleep I feel there is a lot that could be done with this place.

Mass Effect - The Citadel, I know its way outside the theme of 7 Wonders, but I felt it needed a mention.

BioShock - Rapture and Columbia, could constitute 2 separate wonders. I know they really are outside of the right time period, but man I would love to play as either of them.

Bastion - Been A while since I played this game, but the hub island could make for a beautiful looking card.

Elder Scrolls - The Imperial City of Oblivion and Solitude in Skyrim. Both would be fantastic

Magic the Gathering - Not really a video game, but there are many cool locations in it that would make great artwork and neat mechanics. Ravnica for example, with all its guilds.

The Wheel of Time - While I'm putting non video games out there, I love these books and It has many great cities. Tar Valon I think would be an interesting fit.

Fable - Bowerstone is the capital in this game I believe. It has been a while.

Legend of Grimrock - The mountain prison of Grimrock would be very cool.

Well that's all I can think of for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Long
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
So just thought of one before heading off. Elder Scrolls Morrowind had you uniting the three houses. At first I was thinking, well there couldn't be 3 face to the wonder. But then I realized you could have it as another wonder where you choose the stages you build and unite the 3 houses. Then have a 4th stage you can only build after uniting the first 3 or just an added effect of the wonder for when you do build the 3 stages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Larsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really glad to see some input here. The ones you are suggesting sounds fun.
I especially like the Dark Souls and Baldur's Gate one.

What powers would you add to them?

I'll upload a version of BioShock that I had. Rapture City with the power of Isolation. You cannot interact in any way with other players. You are not part of wars, you cannot trade or be traded with, purple cards do nothing. All sorts of crazy stuff. But I decided against it thematically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Long
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
The Dark Souls Anor Londo wonder could possibly be setup to where you can flip the wonder during the game. In Dark Souls when you first reach the city its in the light version, you can choose to plunge it into darkness though. So you could have the A side first stage give you the choose to remain A side or switch to B side.

Its been a long time since I played Baulders Gate. So I don't really have anything for Candle Keep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C
msg tools
I really like this idea. I'll add a few more quick ideas I had from some games I have liked to play.

World of Warcraft:
(A) Orgrimmar: Wood resource corner, with a Rhodos-like army themed wonder design to fit with their aggressive nature.
(B) Stormwind: Stone resource corner, with a science focused wonder design to fit with their magic.

Diablo:

(A) Tristram: Brick resource corner. I can't think of suitable wonder themes.
(B) Diablo's Sanctuary: Glass resource corner (because of the windows?), army wonders for sure and maybe something "fire" based, like all his "burned" cards under his wonders can be used later on?

Actually, you could make entire 7+ wonder boards for each of these universes pretty easily. There are so many towns in each game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
asd asd
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I was gonna suggest Diablo - Tristram too!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.