tim allen
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I got the P-n-P version of the game and I have a question. What is the significance of the DEW Line numbers? The map has the DEW Line icons and then beside each icon is D-1, D-2...D-6. I am not seeing what use the numbers 1 to 6 is.

Am I just missing it in the rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Brent Ward
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

In scenario 1, the Soviet flights start on the DEW line. The setup for that scenario uses the numbers so you know where to place flights A, B and C.

Regards,
Brent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim allen
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! I see now. Its in the setup notes. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Neal
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm intrigued with this game and am thinking of getting the print-n-play version. Is there a way to simulate Soviet 'end run' tactics where it was feared they would fly over the oceans then turn inland, thus bypassing the DEW line?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Brent Ward
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cgneal wrote:
I'm intrigued with this game and am thinking of getting the print-n-play version. Is there a way to simulate Soviet 'end run' tactics where it was feared they would fly over the oceans then turn inland, thus bypassing the DEW line?

Not in the rules included with the game, however there is at least one column of hexes on each side of the DEW line to add a variant rule for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.